PDA

View Full Version : Whats hardcore mode like?

The Dauntless
10-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Just wondering if someone with the game who has played both modes could compare them please.

Im not sure if I should start right away on hardcore or save it for a 2nd play through.

Vigor
10-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I'll save it for a 2nd playthrough because I will be better prepared.

jasonjuk
10-18-2010, 09:12 PM
im playing through on hardcore and it aint much more difficult than it was on fallout 3! :)

Oddish
10-19-2010, 01:22 AM
It's not more difficult, only incredibly annoying after a while. Constantly having to eat, drink and sleep.

D 3 4 T H B 4 T
10-19-2010, 02:27 AM
im going to save hardcore mode for my second playthrough as well

Trakanon
10-19-2010, 05:27 AM
My hardmode option is greyed out. I'm guessing you have to beat the game first on another setting before you can unlock it. Anyone know?

cHRiSCOe
10-19-2010, 05:36 AM
My hardmode option is greyed out. I'm guessing you have to beat the game first on another setting before you can unlock it. Anyone know?

It gives you the option of hardcore mode right before you exit the doctors house at the very beginning

TriRock
10-19-2010, 06:19 AM
im playing through on hardcore and it aint much more difficult than it was on fallout 3! :)

There was no hard core mode in F3.

I assume the overall difficuilty is similar to F3? If so, then what difficuilty? Easy? Normal? Hard?

b1zarr0
10-19-2010, 06:42 AM
I pretty much played Fallout 3 in an unofficial variation of hardcore mode. I role played that my character needed to eat, drink and sleep. However I didn't factor in ammo weight and nerfed stimpaks. (played Fallout 3 on Normal difficulty)

so I will be playing on hardcore mode on the very easy difficulty because if there is weight to my ammo then I want things to fall down when I shoot them :p

rubiq
10-19-2010, 09:10 AM
playing on Normal and HARDCORE atm..

Not difficult at all, loads of stimpacks about and weighted ammo hasnt been a problem, after all you get a perk around levl8 for 'strongback' carry 50lbs more stuff which helps..

Not sure what the punishment is for not sleeping/eating/drinking, regardless have been doing all the above anyway incase i end up dying or something grim later..

DeekBoy
10-19-2010, 09:29 AM
i have crippled myself twice now which costs 50 caps a piece so it kinda blows but i can tell its going to make the game a bit more entertaining

OZI GAMER4
10-19-2010, 10:10 AM
So doing Hadcore Mode 2nd playthrough

shizomac
10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
I've started my first playthrough (Normal, Hardcore) and so far, it's ok. Takes some getting used to. (With the Classic Pack, the canteen serves as an infinite water supply (So I think...?) so water isn't an issue.)

You just have to get used to it. I ran over a mine and screwed up all my limbs. Doctor's Bags heal all limbs, so when you find them, hold on to them! When fighting some guys, it seemed like they are more accurate on Hardcore mode. I would get shot once, and they would injure my arm, leg, etc instantly... so it just takes some getting used to, but nothing too hard.