PDA

View Full Version : Fire Controller - No Boosting

BegFourMercy
10-19-2010, 12:34 AM
The easiest way to do this is on offense for a combat mission. You should be a sniper with the high powered scope, range finder, and hollow point bullets. You need to be level 7 in the sniper class for this.

Use the defensive supports up until you get to the offensive support you are missing.

If you die, you can go back to defensive until the next offensive one.

One big tip is to save your use of the defensive support until you get enough points so it automatically sends you to the next level. Why do this? If you die before you get the extra 20 - 30 points you need, you start your next live with a support use in your pocket. You then just need 20 points for your UAV. Basically you do not waste the use.

For example, do not use the UAV until you reach 70 points, that then sends you to the 100 point bonus and you still have your next use in your pocket. Then get another 20 30 points and use the defensive support. You get to the next level, etc.

Also, I notice as you use the defensive supports, you sometime get bonus medals/ribbons that send you the next level without another kill.

By using the defensive supports, I am at the top of the leader board many times.

Also, kind of hang back until the second objective is taken. Since you have great range, stay as far back as you can.

Good luck.

JuSt BLaZe
10-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Nice one and interesting. The question is...How long does it take, till ever fool is doing it your way, just like in MW2 nOObtubing & camping. See that's the problem. If a good tactic comes out, sooner or later EVERYONE is trying this & you'll come to a dead end. ;)

shticks
10-19-2010, 01:02 AM
One big tip is to save your use of the defensive support until you get enough points so it automatically sends you to the next level. Why do this? If you die before you get the extra 20 - 30 points you need, you start your next live with a support use in your pocket. You then just need 20 points for your UAV. Basically you do not waste the use.

That is a very good idea. but as you said.... sometimes you get to the next level right away... so personally i would use it right away. I can't remember for sure but i think there were times when i had a string of 3 support actions without needing a kill..... but for sure there were times when i only needed that one more kill to put me over the hump.

Personally.... i did this achievement as a spec ops playing objective raid, on the marketplace.... there is a good spot on defence were you can look through a little hole in the wall on the right side alley way. If you jump up on the bricks and crouch you leave very little of yourself exposed. and the fog on the map is extra concealment. but you can see the people on the other side much better than they can see you.

The only disadvantage to doing it on this game type is the timelimit.... i fell short by about 20-30 points several times before i finally managed to do it (and with only 30 seconds to spare).

BegFourMercy
10-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Yes combat mission you know how much time you have left by looking at how many lives are remaining or what objective you are on. Last time I go the cruise missle was 5 lives left and I blasted the control tower. I ended up with 330 points for that missle. It was sweet!

mattjv2099
10-19-2010, 03:49 AM
I can't hit anything as a sniper. I'm guessing latency is a huge problem of mine. I can only get kills and get a positive kdr with the other kits. As a sniper I get super pwnd.

mmg1590
10-19-2010, 04:23 AM
I got this earlier, all in one game, on Sector Control. I don't remember the map name, but I used all offensive actions, we had 2 points, they had 1, I kept calling in the strikes on the one point they had, and then had a nice spot to see any enemies if they tried to advance to our points, finished the round 50-8 and unlocked Fire Controller at the end.

All I have left for MP achievements now is to get to rank 15, 1000 support points (have to be close), and then 2 hours of each mode besides sector control (which I have 2 hours in)

I have to admit, unless my team absolutely needs it, I find it much more fun to call in the strikes/offensive actions compared to support/defensive. If we're losing or it's close I'll call in the UAV/Flak Jacket/extra ammo, but otherwise it's BOOM BOOM BOOM on the other team ;)

mtbizzle
10-19-2010, 04:33 AM
I dunno. I've seen one guy get it as a sniper on offense combat mission. Personally, I can rarely get many kills sniping on offense combat mission. On the snow level, people seem to always find you before long, and on the level thats not in the snow (and ends on with the big white building??) there are like no sniper spots that I can find past the first objective. Do you guys have any tips for sniping spots on that level?

Personally, I do by FAR the best sniping on team assault. I got a-10 strafing run a few times by camping in the windows. Just stay close to the bar in the middle that you can hide behind, and if a guy comes for you, be ready to pistol him (you should have flak vests, FMJ etc to help).
The actual level I got my cruise missiles on is Diwagar camp (sp??). If you're in the mountains, there is a rock in the middle of the left side. If you just BARELY peek over the left edge of it, you can see their sniper positions and a set of stairs near their spawn. I probably got 20 kills there.The danger, again, is having guys come behind you. If your whole team rushes, your screwed because spawns will change. Spawns changed on me once, but i just carefully ran around the left side and up to the house on the other side of the map to get the last few kills.

Also, a tip for sniping... instead of letting the scope move constantly, hold your breath for a few seconds, let go, then go back to holding - this way you can stay pretty steady.

Barad
10-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Cheers but what about the people who can't snipe like myself? :/

JuSt BLaZe
10-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Cheers but what about the people who can't snipe like myself? :/

Hahaha, you are not alone. Me neither. I was always more in the "GET-INTO-THE-ACTION" game than camping somewhere and waiting and waiting and waiting then aiming then shooting in the total wrong direction. Close combat that's my thang.

Taki...
10-19-2010, 03:14 PM
The sniping thing isn't working for me. I managed to get myself in behind the enemy spawn at one point and nailed quite a few kills in a row, but the trouble is that it's a pretty glitchy game.I've lost count of the number of times I've hit someone, seen the blood fly, and boom no kill... one, two, three headshots on the same guy who's standing still and nothing. It just burns through the ammo too quickly when your shots don't count.

TVR_Fan
10-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I came close to unlocking the cruise missile yesterday, only for the tickets to run out of course.

iiDaRReN316x
10-19-2010, 03:27 PM
HARDER Than getting a nuke who agreas?

TVR_Fan
10-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I always found the nuke harder in MW2, because the maps were smaller. Plus MW2 doesn't have combat mission.

JuSt BLaZe
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM

Hahaha, come on, you can't be serious!? Now I'm REALLY REALLY worried. Damn you DICE.

iiDaRReN316x
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah but cumon, seen how fast you can get kills in MW2 In this game it takes like 30 second to find someone in MW2 Its mor fast paced there everywhere

AgEnT STARZz
10-19-2010, 05:05 PM

Nope! IMO much easier! i struggled to start off with but ive got about 10 cruise missles now so im finding it quite easy!

I always found the nuke harder in MW2, because the maps were smaller. Plus MW2 doesn't have combat mission.

I only ever got 1 nuke on MW2 and im a decent player! to make it worse i did it on my brothers account so mine shows no record :(

Barad
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Hahaha, you are not alone. Me neither. I was always more in the "GET-INTO-THE-ACTION" game than camping somewhere and waiting and waiting and waiting then aiming then shooting in the total wrong direction. Close combat that's my thang.

Brother, close combat FTW lol serious I found it stupidly annoying that they make you snipe to achieve certain awards in this game so stupid!

JuSt BLaZe
10-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Brother, close combat FTW lol serious I found it stupidly annoying that they make you snipe to achieve certain awards in this game so stupid!

WORD!!! Just a EPIC FAIL by all means. ;)

shootermcgavin2
10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
I find this game very strange, I'm useless with a sniper on COD yet in this game I seem to have the knack!?! I'm rubbish with all the other kits, Im very close to getting this achievement, just a matter of time, I agree that the defensive options are best until you get to the offensive attack you need, plus it all helps for the 1000 points achievement!

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-20-2010, 02:06 AM
it would be nice if the game friggin registered that you hit people, that would also help towards this. 4 chest shots, not a single kill in combat mission, then once i died, i got spawn raped. hella fun if u ask me :/