PDA

View Full Version : Using the rubber band method to unlock Violence Solves Everything

b1zarr0
10-19-2010, 02:06 AM
soooo how did you guys pass the time while using the rubber band method of unlocking the Violence Solves Everything achievement.

I mucked about on Facebook, did laundry and even dared step foot inside the gamefaqs message boards O_O

Magsec5
10-19-2010, 03:30 AM
lol i did that too problem was is that doing other stuff u cant track when it'll come up, i had to keep going to my achievements to see change but definitely works

Zonic505
10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I really didn't have that many shots left (I think around 15,000 by the time I finished the game & got enough money for all the unlockables/upgrades), so I just held it, watched some TV, then would switch back to the game to see if I unlocked it.

T0b3
10-19-2010, 04:38 PM
10 minutes = approx. 5,000 shots.

I need to do at least 2 hours straight in order to unlock that achievement.

Aphrodite1
10-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Is the rate of fire the same on all of the comics? I've just finished the Nanoc comic set and it felt a lot slower than on the first level (#23) where you fight Brad

Jay_13thstep
10-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Im pretty sure its the same rate of fire, my only question would be does the amount of shots smiley fires change when he uses single/double guns? not sure if it actually changes anything or is just for visual effect.

spectreon
10-23-2010, 09:19 AM
soooo how did you guys pass the time while using the rubber band method of unlocking the Violence Solves Everything achievement.

I mucked about on Facebook, did laundry and even dared step foot inside the gamefaqs message boards O_O

LOL... I came on here and read this thread, fixin to do my Bing searches for free MSP and maybe go to bed. Have almost 80,000 after completing the game.:uzi::uzi::uzi:

Dany1981Mtl
10-25-2010, 02:58 AM
an easy way to boost the fire shots is to play the last level of The Improbable Paper Pals (the level where you fight Benny and his Drill machine). Just before the boss part, you fall down a very long trap/tunnel. Going left, there will be a wall (you have to go right to meet Benny). Stay left, near the wall and start shooting, no enemies will be coming, so you can shoot without worrying of being killed. While you do that, you can do something else, like watching a movie xD. Just hold the Right Trigger :P

LOL... I came on here and read this thread, fixin to do my Bing searches for free MSP and maybe go to bed. Have almost 80,000 after completing the game.:uzi::uzi::uzi:

Aphrodite1
10-25-2010, 07:01 AM
I did it on the 2nd Nanoc Challenge. Rubber banded the RT at the start, went out shopping with the wife for a few hours, came back and achievement unlocked! :)

Jay Leon Hart
10-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I went to work :p

onan
10-28-2010, 11:40 AM
an easy way to boost the fire shots is to play the last level of The Improbable Paper Pals (the level where you fight Benny and his Drill machine). Just before the boss part, you fall down a very long trap/tunnel. Going left, there will be a wall (you have to go right to meet Benny). Stay left, near the wall and start shooting, no enemies will be coming, so you can shoot without worrying of being killed. While you do that, you can do something else, like watching a movie xD. Just hold the Right Trigger :P

Uh... you know that's literally everywhere in the game, right? Once you clear an area nothing else shows up. If you wanted to you could do that right after the bank when you first get to use your guns.

californaya
10-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Just thought I should mention that I've been doing this at the beginning of the second level of the manga (Cutie Cutie something something). There's no enemies until you go to the left, so it's easy enough.

The Ultrafiend
05-15-2011, 01:19 AM
I've got it going as I type this, so uh... I came on here I guess.

macgyver893
05-22-2011, 04:24 PM
i still need to get this one.... last achievement for this game.

heuvadeuce
10-19-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm going for this now. holding down RT while searching these forums.

Geez, looks like i got about an hour to do this. At least all the other achievements dont take so long

JohnAizen
01-28-2012, 02:32 AM
I did it the old fashioned way just by replaying levels....but my finger was sore as all heck afterwards lol

hydrosugar
03-15-2012, 06:57 AM
I left this until last. I think I just left it on while I went out. Came back and voila.