PDA

View Full Version : It Takes A Village...Out Achievement Glitched!?

Goldyman77
10-19-2010, 05:11 AM
I've been trying to get the It Takes A Village...Out achievement for an hour now and have gone through about 15 attempts, absolutely destroying the village in my chopper in gunfighter and having no achievement pop up. I here this achievement is glitched, so thats probably why it wont unlock. Anyone else having this problem or a similar one?

Venomized
10-19-2010, 05:26 AM
I've been trying to get the It Takes A Village...Out achievement for an hour now and have gone through about 15 attempts, absolutely destroying the village in my chopper in gunfighter and having no achievement pop up. I here this achievement is glitched, so thats probably why it wont unlock. Anyone else having this problem or a similar one?

Can you try something for me, and it might get you the achievement too! I just need you to post your results!

Start the mission up and and play through the WHOLE mission and destroy many buildings as you can. Once you complete the mission, start the mission again and do the same thing. And if you still dont have the achievement, try it one more time (shouldnt take long. Mission is short).

I think it might work and you can help confirm it for my achievement guide =)

If it does work you will probably get it on your second go. Third one for sure.

Post the results and hopefully this works for both our sakes =)

DENAz666
10-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Yeah glitched out for me too, I totally leveled that town :(

eliahz
10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah glitched out for me too, I totally leveled that town :(

Same thing happened to me. I destroyed all the buildings, but still didn't get the achievement. However, when I went for it the third time, I changed the difficulty from normal to hard - and the achievement popped. I destroyed the same amount of buildings on every attempt.

I don't know if it was random that I only got it on hard difficulty, but you should give it a try :)

I hope it works for you.

SneakyofSneaks
10-19-2010, 09:34 AM
On hard it came up well before I had to destroy the big building in middle on first run

Megzilla
10-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I played through the whole level 3 times on hard and about 12 times total on easy with nothing. This was destroying everything in sight.

Loaded it up last night and played through on easy another 3 times and no achievement, however on the fourth try it popped up after I'd destroyed the first couple of buildings. Strange......

SneakyofSneaks
10-19-2010, 09:44 AM
You do have to put 3-4 rockets on them to properly destroy them, perhaps they are not fully destroyed so not counting?

eliahz
10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
You do have to put 3-4 rockets on them to properly destroy them, perhaps they are not fully destroyed so not counting?

Yeah, I think so too. 1 rocket won't fully destroy a building, only damage it (destroying half the building for example). With this being said some of the achievements in this game seems bugged.. Maybe this is one of them?

Goldyman77
10-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Can you try something for me, and it might get you the achievement too! I just need you to post your results!

Start the mission up and and play through the WHOLE mission and destroy many buildings as you can. Once you complete the mission, start the mission again and do the same thing. And if you still dont have the achievement, try it one more time (shouldnt take long. Mission is short).

Yea I'm gonna give it a try. I did the mission first on hard and absolutely leveled all the buildings in the town till there was nothing left and didn't get it, then after beating the mission came back (on hard again) and re-did it, but still no achievement. When and if it unlocks I will be sure to tell you to help your guide. Happy Hunting to everyone else!

TrueKilla360
10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Level town
Proceed to next check point top right shows saving.
Guit to main menu. mission select. do it again

wash and repeat.. did it 3 times

Iggyblue
10-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I got it first time playing on medium difficulty just after i levelled the air dump (Main building). I totally levelled everything i could before i got there with as many rockets as i could and as much gun fire. I also did it while zooming in (not sure if that makes any difference)

DeafSunchaser
10-20-2010, 04:13 AM
yeah this chevo is fucked for me also! i have done this mission well over 10 times and destroyed all the buildings! even that little one by its self just as u swing round the rocks!

DENAz666
10-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Same thing happened to me. I destroyed all the buildings, but still didn't get the achievement. However, when I went for it the third time, I changed the difficulty from normal to hard - and the achievement popped. I destroyed the same amount of buildings on every attempt.

I don't know if it was random that I only got it on hard difficulty, but you should give it a try :)

I hope it works for you.

Thanks for the tip, but i was already playing on hard :( maybe I just need to do it three times :P

CheezyLotus
10-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I think so too. 1 rocket won't fully destroy a building, only damage it (destroying half the building for example). With this being said some of the achievements in this game seems bugged.. Maybe this is one of them?

thats exactly what you have to do. its frustrating, and took me a while. you have to make sure youve completely destroyed the buildings. if a walls still standing, hit it again....and then again. it pops as soon as you get it.

chosen1808
10-20-2010, 04:27 PM
This achievement gave me trouble as well, spent several tries, i even destroyed the little building in the back a couple of times and it didnt pop on medium. I switched to hard and it popped a little after you make the turn for another sweep.

Goldyman77
10-20-2010, 07:46 PM

Yes it worked. I beat the objective and pressed start to go to restart mission. The second time around it unlocked on the last building. Only have to beat the game on Tier 1 under par time now- Would be looking forwards to it if it didn't restart the mission every time I died!

OceanH
10-23-2010, 06:49 PM
This achievement is messed up. After cleaning 3 times the whole hill out of buildings, no trophy. Then on my 4th run, I noticed I missed this spot I circled in red (next to the bridge on the other side of the hill) on my 3 previous runs:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1129/5107569399_6b811c9449_z.jpg

On my 4th run, I cleared all buildings on the red arrow, nothing on the green arrow's side, and the achievement just popped after I cleared those 2 buildings I circled in red.

Quizabuck
10-28-2010, 04:06 AM
It took me 4 attempts but it finally unlocked!

Polak
11-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I ve got it after many tries :

1 - I play trought the campaign on hard
2 - Then I play the gunship level many many times on lower difficulty level. Sometimes I finish the level somrtimes I leave after the 1st save point after the village.
3 - Finally replay it on hard I start to detrying the buildings with the rockets without using LT (zoom). It unlock by the end of the village !

Time to play COD6.

Cashin
11-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Only took me one attempt.

Play on hard, just rocket spam when you get to the buildings.

I blew the village to the point where there were no standing structures, just footings of previous buildings.

Sh4d0w5h1ft3r
11-13-2010, 04:36 AM
For this achievement to unlock you must do this:

Destroy 30 buildings into almost nothing.

Literally, what you will see left of the building(s) are the broken walls. For best results, have the missle hit DIRECTLY into the roof of the building. If you did it right, you'll get nothing but a few walls standing from what was a building. The best thing you can do is have the missile hit directly into the roof of the building. Hitting the sides will NOT always work. Spamming lots of missiles can help, but if you aim them right, it's easier IMHO. In addition, playing on easy will help. I played through the game on hard, flew through it, and then reloaded the level on easy and got it on my first try. On my hard play through I didn't destroy any buildings but the big weapons depot. Also, try to take out every building that you see. Remember, the missiles are forward firing, so they won't always go exactly where the sight is pointing. If you don't get it by the time you destroy the weapons depot and move on, reload the last checkpoint and try again. Hopefully that will help you all out. Look on youtube or something as well, look for videos by Achievement Hunter. Their videos are really good. Good luck and happy hunting! :D

Jedi sy
11-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Got it first try no problem:uzi:

cmidnite
11-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I didn't get it on my normal campaign play through but did when I replayed the mission. The key is making sure the buildings are fully leveled vs partially damaged. I just kept firing even when the buildings looked destroyed and it unlocked.

sleepingrhino
11-16-2010, 05:58 PM
So I've been reading the post's here and some people say some crazy things when going for this achievement. I would like to add one thing that I may have seen once but I think it is the most IMPORTANT when going for this one... You MUST kill all the enemies, while taking out the buildings and you must destory all of the building for it to count as stated in the above post's.

I was having some trouble with this one as some other people were. I would destroy the whole village and no achievement I did this a few times not trying to kill the enemies but rather destroy the buildings. Then I made sure kill all enemies and tried to level buildings when I could and POP!

Hope this helps!!!

Xl Synical lX
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Gliched here as well. I'm killing the building but no achievement. This is the second time this happens to me in this game. I like the game but this is crazy i hope EA recalls the game or makes corrections the second time around.

Xl Synical lX
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
:uzi: Re-started the mission and got the achievement.
I see this happing alot more. :drunk

sleepingrhino
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
gliched here as well. I'm killing the building but no achievement. This is the second time this happens to me in this game. I like the game but this is crazy i hope ea recalls the game or makes corrections the second time around.

everyone be sure to kill all enemies!!! All!!! Then go after buildings, will pop easily!!!

perfecktev7
12-17-2010, 07:45 AM
I just got this achievement after about 10 failures, I found that "double tapping" each building finally got me the achievement. Hitting it 3 or 4 times would work too, but twice left me more missiles for each neighboring hut.

Jedi sy
12-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I double fired at each building and got this problem, i skipped reading the controls for the helicopter and did'nt realise it had rockets to start with. I tried over and over to get it with the machine gun but it never worked.

StillTIPPIN187
01-21-2011, 08:58 PM
I think ive done this 15 times split between easy and hard.

Im not finishing the level though.. Idk if that would help or not.

Dumb achievement glitches..

Chuppernicus
01-31-2011, 12:13 AM
I tried it about 6 times on hard. Came back later and tried it on easy. Did not beat the game only the next level. Must've tried it 15 times or more, to the point that my wife could quote what the guys were going to say, she was not happy, nor I.
Came back to it the next day, played on hard, tried to put 1-2 shots into each building and blow up buildings before my wingmate shot her rockets. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? But regardless I received the achievement before I had to blow up the last building.

In belly of the beast my shots would not register on the mounted weapon, they just bounced right off. Tried reloading the mission, last check point. I had to go to dashboard and play another mission then come back. Crazy achievements in this game.

PreKell
02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Damn I HATE this achivement! Tried like 20 times on easy, hard and medium, village totally down except the one little house outside the village(can't get to destroy it...) and not stupid achivement!

peppersken
02-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I just mirrored the video right on the Achievement Guide & Roadmap thread and got it on the second try.It unlocked as I set three targets around the final man highlighted, as it blew up everything around them.