PDA

View Full Version : Slim 360 Question

Muhnamana
10-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Ok, so I've been thinking about picking up a new slim 360, 250GB version. I already have an Elite version and I think, well hope, well pretty sure I have a transfer cable around somewhere.

Question is, I'd assume you can transfer your HDD on the old console to the new one correct? I also assume you can't copy the HDD to the new one?

Is there any other way of copying from the old HDD to the new one? Meaning only copy a few games and their game save data.

H2O
10-19-2010, 01:33 PM
hmmm?

Old hdds will not fit in the new 360s.

The transfer cable or standard usb drives will be needed to move your stuff to the new drive.

Is that what you were asking?

Muhnamana
10-19-2010, 01:36 PM
hmmm?

Old hdds will not fit in the new 360s.

The transfer cable or standard usb drives will be needed to transfer your stuff to the new drive.

Is that what you were asking?

Yes I already knew that the old HDD wouldn't fit in the new slim, since its an internal HDD on the new consoles.

Is there any standard usb drive you recommend? I'm hoping I can find my transfer cable and make it easier but maybe a usb drive would work best.

If I use a usb drive, I can pick and choose what to copy to the new HDD right?

MC B0B x360a
10-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Yes I already knew that the old HDD wouldn't fit in the new slim, since its an internal HDD on the new consoles.

Is there any standard usb drive you recommend? I'm hoping I can find my transfer cable and make it easier but maybe a usb drive would work best.

If I use a usb drive, I can pick and choose what to copy to the new HDD right?

I'm pretty sure you can pick and choose with the transfer cable plus its much faster. look online and you can get one cheap. I got mine used from gamestop for $10.

On a side not i wouldnt recommend the slim. I am having so many problems with mine and its goin in for repairs after only a month. I get an e82 error and i have to turn my xbox on and off 30 times just to get it to start up. Also i dont think it's as quiet as it was claimed to be. To me it is just a slightly smaller 250gb xbox 360. Yes the wireless is nice but i had a ethernet cable hardwired to it by my electrician.

InfamousVuk
10-19-2010, 02:29 PM
I think that if your Elite works fine, then there is no need on spending money on a new console....

If you still decide buying it, you can use almost any brand name USB sticks to copy your data.
I myself got a Kingstone 4GB one at Fry's Electric, and it worked perfectly after formatting it to XBox standart.

Also if you already have the transfer cable, then all you need to do is hook it up with your old hard drive and the new 360.
You will see a second HD appearing in "Storage" part, so all you need to do is copy what you want to the new drive.

H2O
10-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Yep, you can transfer individual files with a USB drive.

I used my 2gig forza 3 to transfer my stuff.