PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Advice?

Mega Mayo Man
10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
For some retarded reason I thought levelling as spec ops would be a lot more fun since there wouldn't be a million sniping pricks about...... obviously I know now that was a MASSIVE mistake lol.

My problem is that I am level 10 spec ops and just wanna carry on until level 15 for the achievement and then stop... forever.

Anyone got any advice to avoid or kill them sniping noobs as spec ops? I seem to be getting very frustrated spawning and getting a headshot :(

shootermcgavin2
10-19-2010, 06:27 PM
I've finally given in and gone over to sniper, as I just get powned on any other class, although IMO playing the objective based games are slightly better with fewer snipers, only just though, team objective is just stupid 80% of players are snipers!

Mega Mayo Man
10-19-2010, 06:29 PM
I've finally given in and gone over to sniper, as I just get powned on any other class, although IMO playing the objective based games are slightly better with fewer snipers, only just though, team objective is just stupid 80% of players are snipers!

Yeah I'm contemplating restarting as Sniper, I'm only level 3 though so it will take forever man :(

Maybe this is why everyone is a sniper, they just give up trying to close combat or skill kill lol :(

FML

BlackEyedAngel
10-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Smoke is your friend....and a tank :)
assault and always keep an eye on your map, you can always guarantee theres a sneaky sniper lurking behind your troops

RYAN ARKISON
10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Smoke is your friend....and a tank :)
assault and always keep an eye on your map, you can always guarantee theres a sneaky sniper lurking behind your troops

how do you use smoke ??

minibuu
10-19-2010, 07:43 PM
how do you use smoke ??

your rifleman class has smoke
and you use it with RB

Dead Herb
10-19-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm nearly 15 with SpecOps, when you get to know the maps and the sniper camp spots it ain't to bad.

Muldy 801
10-19-2010, 08:33 PM
What seems to work for me is trying to sneak around without putting yourself out in open areas (Common sense). Smoke works great, but as spec ops just try to take the routes you dont see many players taking as those will be the alleys most snipers watch for easy kills. Hope that helps man.

AgEnT STARZz
10-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Id carry on with the spec ops if your already level 10, Ive already got to 15 as the sniper but ive been in quite a few games where someone with a shotgun has just raped everyone even the snipers!

stuhp
10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
OP, I'm a level 14 Special Ops, and I will tell you right now: the ACOG, suppressor, and extra magazines are your friends. :D

Because you are dealing with a (somewhat) weaker weapon than the bunch, you'll want to play as a real spec ops person would - stealthily. This doesn't mean you have to be way in the back and camp, though - you can be in the front and still pick off your enemies in secret. I just came out of the Mazar-I-Sharif Airfield defending with a 36-0 ratio because of my loadout alone. You'll be amazed at how ignorant some of these players are when they can't find their killer. You can be way out in the open, right around the corner, or even next to the objective - if you have no muzzle flash and you don't show up on radar (minus their UAV whenever it's deployed), then they practically won't care about you! You might as well be invisible! ;)

HOWEVER, when playing even with this loadout, you have to close up shop every so often whenever you get so many kills, because someone will catch on (THIS GOES OUT TO YOU SNIPERS AS WELL - DON'T BE A STATUE). I nearly died right at the end of that 36-0 game because I got cocky and stood still for some time.

The main point is this - fight like a real spec ops would, and fight in secret. Get up close and personal and still stay out of sight. With the ACOG, fire in rapid, single-shot bursts to keep your accuracy over long distances - snipers will never know what hit them. :) And, most importantly, help your team! Use the defensive supports more than your offensive - ONLY go for the Missile Strike and Cruise Missile when you get them. You get more points and bonuses when you play defensively, and you can watch your rank soar for sure.

Hopefully this helps, but I'll probably add more later. I gotta get back to work here. :p

EDIT: Just hit level 15 Special Ops last game - even got another Cruise Missile in :D It's entirely possible, OP, and I do dearly recommend that loadout I mentioned earlier - it'll save you a lot of trouble if you happen to end up behind enemy lines or find a nice, inconspicuous spot ;)

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-20-2010, 03:48 AM
I'm nearly 15 with SpecOps, when you get to know the maps and the sniper camp spots it ain't to bad.

yeah fuck that, anywhere i try to run to, they get me with a snipe. apparently those battle rifles will outshoot a fucking assault rifle to, get that!

raptor_256
10-20-2010, 03:56 AM
i found that playing sector control and objective raid had fewer snipers as they werent suited to these game types as much.

sector control moves too much for snipers to really camp and be effective, and objective raid maps are too small, unless your playing coalition and defending, but usually its about rushing the objective than slow advances like in combat mission.

another option is to kill a sniper and steal thier weapon. paybacks a bitch!

SneakyofSneaks
10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Sniper issues are really game mode dependant, combat missions they are all over the place, but things like raid and sector they aren't so much of a problem, for specs ops it's much easier in those 2 or when you get in tight objectives like the end 2 in helmand and shahikot in combat

Mikey1610
10-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I enjoyed this game when it first came out. I only have around 8 hours playtime clocked but it's starting to feel old real fast.

I enjoy playing as Rifleman, it has great range, but you just get sniped no matter what. Some of the maps literally force you to snipe, it's a campers paradise.

I really thought Dice were anti-camper with their other games but everything favours the camper in this - large open maps, no kill / death cam, one shot one kill sniper rifle, lots of camping spots, etc. Thank god they didn't put in the abilty to go prone.

Can't wait until I get to top level and then I'm done with the multiplayer.

markav
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
OP, I'm a level 14 Special Ops, and I will tell you right now: the ACOG, suppressor, and extra magazines are your friends. :D

Because you are dealing with a (somewhat) weaker weapon than the bunch, you'll want to play as a real spec ops person would - stealthily. This doesn't mean you have to be way in the back and camp, though - you can be in the front and still pick off your enemies in secret. I just came out of the Mazar-I-Sharif Airfield defending with a 36-0 ratio because of my loadout alone. You'll be amazed at how ignorant some of these players are when they can't find their killer. You can be way out in the open, right around the corner, or even next to the objective - if you have no muzzle flash and you don't show up on radar (minus their UAV whenever it's deployed), then they practically won't care about you! You might as well be invisible! ;)

HOWEVER, when playing even with this loadout, you have to close up shop every so often whenever you get so many kills, because someone will catch on (THIS GOES OUT TO YOU SNIPERS AS WELL - DON'T BE A STATUE). I nearly died right at the end of that 36-0 game because I got cocky and stood still for some time.

The main point is this - fight like a real spec ops would, and fight in secret. Get up close and personal and still stay out of sight. With the ACOG, fire in rapid, single-shot bursts to keep your accuracy over long distances - snipers will never know what hit them. :) And, most importantly, help your team! Use the defensive supports more than your offensive - ONLY go for the Missile Strike and Cruise Missile when you get them. You get more points and bonuses when you play defensively, and you can watch your rank soar for sure.

Hopefully this helps, but I'll probably add more later. I gotta get back to work here. :p

EDIT: Just hit level 15 Special Ops last game - even got another Cruise Missile in :D It's entirely possible, OP, and I do dearly recommend that loadout I mentioned earlier - it'll save you a lot of trouble if you happen to end up behind enemy lines or find a nice, inconspicuous spot ;)

Great tips there.
I'm really enjoying sneaking around as special ops in sector control:)