PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Slim 4GB Wireless Connection HEEEELP

JeppeBoy
10-19-2010, 08:18 PM
So, I tried to connect to the wireless WPA2 router, I wrote in the code and then it took me back to the "Select Wireless Network". I did it again and the same thing happened. Are there any option I should change on the router or anything?

Any tips what I should do?

DO NOT SAY USE AN ENTHERNET CABLE OR THAT BULLSHIT!

InfamousVuk
10-19-2010, 10:14 PM
did you try connecting to other networks?
what kind of a router do you have?
maybe the 360 is out of the wi-fi reach....

JeppeBoy
10-19-2010, 10:33 PM
did you try connecting to other networks?
what kind of a router do you have?
maybe the 360 is out of the wi-fi reach....
I only tried to connect to the WPA2 one, which is the one my family use.
The router is just in the room directly under my room.

I've set all the options to "automatically" on the options on the Slim.

InfamousVuk
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
you should try bringing them closer together and try again.
if that doesnt work, just try using the ethernet cable.
or if you have a spare router try that, or steal your neighbours internet for a few minutes.

if none of those work, and your 360 is just out of the box, take it back to the store and ask for a replacement.

JeppeBoy
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
you should try bringing them closer together and try again.
if that doesnt work, just try using the ethernet cable.
or if you have a spare router try that, or steal your neighbours internet for a few minutes.

if none of those work, and your 360 is just out of the box, take it back to the store and ask for a replacement.
I'm using my laptop right now in my room, and it's using the wireless internet.

Pootcrum
10-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't quite understand what you are saying. You are not entering the WPA2 passcode where you should be entering the network name or something?

Have you tried using WPA or WEP instead?

Also, be aware that the 360 slim is only on the 2.4GHz band, not 5GHz, so if your router is only on 5 then it wont connect.

Shelton
10-20-2010, 01:09 AM
I don't quite understand what you are saying. You are not entering the WPA2 passcode where you should be entering the network name or something?

Have you tried using WPA or WEP instead?

It should come up with the name of his router/modem. As soon as he clicks on that, it asks for the passcode. I believe he is inputting the code in the right place, but it's something to do with the encryption.

As per Pootcrum's suggestion, change to WPA or WEP. Log in to your router, change the encryption, then try again. Obviously you will need to write the new passcode in for the other computers connected, so keep it in a safe place.

Hopefully that will sort it out.

Pootcrum
10-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Right yeh ok, I dont broadcast my network and so have to enter my network ID first, then the pass phrase.

Good luck OP, and report back.