PDA

View Full Version : Running in Madden 11

Sniper07LHS
10-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Why is it nearly impossible to get positive yard gains on this game? My O-Line gets beat every single time so it's NOT my fault I cannot get any yards. Right when my RB gets the ball there are about 3 or 4 D lineman on my RB tackling him. My O-Lineman are: Oher, David Steward, Joe Staley, Alex Mack, and Anthony Davis. My RB's are Jahvid Best and Lesean McCoy. What is wrong with Madden that I can try to fix so that I can run the ball? Do not say any of this is my fault because it is not...I am very good at finding holes when there are any.

Vipermaster
12-03-2010, 03:27 PM
All I really heard was "Blah blah blah I'm not too good at running." But if you reallllly wanna know how to help yourself out, start using draw plays, play action, and there's even this nifty little thing that if you press down on the D-Pad you can change your O-Lines blocking assignments so you can tell them to block towards(for pitches and stretches) or away from(for off tackle and slams) the direction of the run. Use high speed running back to get around edges and through holes faster.

bigbear2face
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Seriously what difficulty are you playing on...With the Rams SHITTY default Offensive line on All-Pro difficulty I broke the single season rushing record with SJ 39 with ease.

Most plays will gain a MINIMUM of 3-4 yards if you hit the designed hole. If you see the defense packing the hole you are supposed to run through presnap flip the run direction of the play (not the whole play, just the run direction).

Paying attention to the looks the defense is giving you presnap is very important to busting long gains. For instance, I tend to call plays using the "Play Type" option and my bread and butter long run is an "Outside Handoff" to a heavy side (two tightends on one side NO WRs on that side). The play is designed to go off-tackle to the outside, but if the defense is in man coverage I can typically bounce it all the way to the outside and have only the strong-safety to beat.

Also mix up your runs. A nice balance of inside and outside runs to both sides of the center keeps the defense from packing any one hole. I've noticed that if I tend to run my "bread and butter" outside handoff to many times in one game they start to stack the D to that side. If something like that happens I just audible to an inside run to the other side of center and get an easy 7-8 yards.

Following these guidelines with a slightly better O-Line in my second franchise season I am averaging a little over 10 yards a carry with SJ 39.

mxz
12-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Lol on All-pro

I'm sure this guy is talking about settings on All-madden. It is pretty tough to rush on all-madden, you just gotta stick with it, you will break one.

Vipermaster
12-04-2010, 10:11 AM
All-Madden rushing really isn't as difficult as most people make it seem, once you get used to finding the linebackers and seeing if they are cheating safeties. Counters, Draws, and Pitches will throw the defense off balance and leave defenses open for play-action or deep shots. You need to find the safeties and play off of them because they will tell you more about the coverage then the linebackers. You can get away with 60% run but i would never suggest more than 45% on all-madden.

PackNCheese
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
The only differences I really notice between All-Madden and All-Pro are when I'm on defense because the CPU can break 5 tackles and complete balls in triple coverage. Offense is pretty easy no matter what difficulty you're on

bigbear2face
03-23-2011, 07:25 PM
I've been playing EA sports games for close to 20 years and I've found that in pretty much all EA games the harder difficulties are actually easier. At least if you are pretty skilled at the game and the team you are using doesn't completely blow. This is especially true in NHL and Fifa. I've noticed that on the lower difficulties your teammates kind of suck while on the harder difficulties your teammates are actually useful. Basically I've noticed that when two CPU controlled players are going up against each other their player ratings (or difference in rating) matter more in the higher difficulties. On pro a 70 can handle an 85-90 rated player on a high majority of plays, while on All-Madden that same 70 player will get dominated by the 85-90 player pretty much every play.

Example A (from Madden): I had a situation in game where, because of injuries, the CPU had a KICKER playing right tackle. On pro and all-pro difficulty my CPU controlled LE was pretty much held in check by the freaking kicker. On All-Madden my CPU controlled LE ABUSED the kicker.

Example B (playing one of the older Fifa games): I was doing the Be A Pro mode and playing as a striker. My defense, which I wasn't controlling of course, was making incredibly stupid passes. I bumped up the difficulty and all of sudden their decision making and playing precision was much better which actually allowed me to do much better even though the other teams defenders played better.

In the NHL games it is most noticeable in goalie performance. No matter what the difficulty is I always have an easy time scoring on the CPU because, as a result of playing them for 20 years, I know all the little cheap tricks and mizes in the engine. So I always play the NHL games on on the hardest difficulty because it makes MY goalie better. Basically on the default difficulty I'll win games 15-3 (10 Min periods) because my goalie lets in soft goals while on the hardest difficulty I'll win 15-1 or 15-0 because my goalie actually plays the way he should.