PDA

View Full Version : Fire Controller achievement TIPS,,!

erere
10-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi, I've got this achievement now maybe 20 times... it's actually very easy because the achievemnten is a bit wrong, because you don`t need to use every offensive attack to get this,, rather use all deffansive right up to the Cruise Missile.

Here is a list of how much xp you earn when you use deffansive rather offensive. It is wise to put it out when you see you're going to get new ... for if you die then put your killstreak out so you get a bit on yout way to your next killstreak.

* Level 1 - Mortar Strike (You get 30 Points)
* Level 2 - Rocket Attack (You get 40 Points)
* Level 3 - Missile Attack (You get 40 Points)
* Level 4 - Artillery Strike (You get 50 Points)
* Level 5 - Strafing Run (You get 50 Points)
* Level 6 - Air Strike (You get 60 Points)
* Level 7 - Cruise Missile (THIS wine you set out for the achievement, But if you take the defansive attacked you get 200 Points)

I advices to play the sector controller and the weapon you feel best with ... Many have done done this with the sniper, but personally I like the spec ops... just take the first objective and so find you a good place,, (don`t camp to much because a match take about 4-10 min.)

Just comment if there is something you struggle with, and I will help you as much as possible!

Good Luck every body, this is the hardest achievement (i think) so if you made it you schold be abel to get 1000 g

Flello54
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I understand what you mean, but you still have to use each offensive killstreak at least once to earn the achievement. I personally find it easiest to play Combat Mission, using the sniper class on the attacking team. When attacking you have alot more of the battlefield to camp up at the back in your own spawn. And Combat Mission is by far the gametype that lasts the longest (up to 15-20 mins) giving you more of a chance to earn points.

I also completely agree with holding back on using the killstreak right away. Once you earn 50 points, hold off on using it until you have about 70 points, then call in the defensive support, which will earn you 30 points, then repeat with the rest of the killchain milestones. Doing it this way ensures you that if you were to die, you still have a killchain support and an easy 1 or 2 kills again will gain another killchain support for you.

erere
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Very well written! Much better tip than I came up with,, hehe. Good Work ! :-)

Swiftknife
10-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the post...just need the cruise missile then i get this achievement >.<

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-20-2010, 02:32 AM
i also dont understand how you can see these guys, its friggin impossible, i get shot by someone and all i can see, if anything, is the top of their head.

this is such a bullsh*t game with bullsh*t achievements, like this one.

erere
10-20-2010, 06:17 AM
i also dont understand how you can see these guys, its friggin impossible, i get shot by someone and all i can see, if anything, is the top of their head.

this is such a bullsh*t game with bullsh*t achievements, like this one.

Hehe, I understand... i have a "call of duty" eye like i like to say.

You can try to camp alot and just stick your head of an edge as you look over a larger space...

I like this game... give the game a chance and you will see it gets better :)

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Hehe, I understand... i have a "call of duty" eye like i like to say.

You can try to camp alot and just stick your head of an edge as you look over a larger space...

I like this game... give the game a chance and you will see it gets better :)

yeah, its dumb that all i have to do is barely stick my head out and i can still shoot someone. i guess part of it is knowing where to look, and to pick out the people amidst the background, which they blend with so very easily.

its also just so hard since u can only look for heads, which are pretty hard to find.

erere
10-20-2010, 06:26 AM
yeah, its dumb that all i have to do is barely stick my head out and i can still shoot someone. i guess part of it is knowing where to look, and to pick out the people amidst the background, which they blend with so very easily.

its also just so hard since u can only look for heads, which are pretty hard to find.

True that, :( You can only try as best you can get it probably eventually...

Finally well it is not long before black ops comes, haha.

Reqqu
10-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Combat mission, Helmand Valley, attackers side, sniper class, lot of luck and I finally get it! Because I am poor to snipe and even more poor to use offensive drops, I have to snipe about 37 guys to reach enough points. In the end I managed to use Cruise Missile to myself... There was maybe 30 seconds time to celebrate before map ends and cheevo unlocked :woop:

Tips? Sniping and staying behind attackers is key, move fast to replish ammo and change place when objective change. In Helmand Valley there is always good view to defenders positions, besides in the end, I take last points in closecombat (no good idea but time was running out). My team was slow to attack but after all they attacked so there was possibly enough time to do this. Pretty much I did everything else wrong, I got shotted once but it was only fleshwound, I always hitted to torso instead head, got stuck in enviroment (halleluja Frostbyte engine), aimed offensive drops poorly and answered even phone during match.

Now multiplayer level 15 (finally attacking, moving and blowing objects!), Tier 1 mode and campaign in hard, should be cakewalk now on.

Soulsurfer
10-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I never got this achievement despite calling in and guiding the cruise missile! Do you have to get a kill with the cruise missile or just call it in? I got shot and killed as I was guiding it in :(

Flello54
10-20-2010, 05:07 PM
I never got this achievement despite calling in and guiding the cruise missile! Do you have to get a kill with the cruise missile or just call it in? I got shot and killed as I was guiding it in :(

The achievement states that you have to use each offensive support at least once. So calling in just the Cruise Missile will not get you the achievement. I also don't think you have to get a kill with it, just call it in.

EDIT - I'm only assuming that you haven't called in each one, I apologize if you have, just don't want to sound like a jerk or anything.

ChizCafe
10-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I understand what you mean, but you still have to use each offensive killstreak at least once to earn the achievement. I personally find it easiest to play Combat Mission, using the sniper class on the attacking team. When attacking you have alot more of the battlefield to camp up at the back in your own spawn. And Combat Mission is by far the gametype that lasts the longest (up to 15-20 mins) giving you more of a chance to earn points.

I also completely agree with holding back on using the killstreak right away. Once you earn 50 points, hold off on using it until you have about 70 points, then call in the defensive support, which will earn you 30 points, then repeat with the rest of the killchain milestones. Doing it this way ensures you that if you were to die, you still have a killchain support and an easy 1 or 2 kills again will gain another killchain support for you.

Lol wow basically just took what I posted in 2 other threads and pasted it into this guys thread, honestly why does nobody use the search function this has been talked about way to much. Anyway since this guy basically took my own strategy from me I will paste what I wrote in 2 other threads several days ago.

I already posted this in another thread but I guess I will post it here again anyway to help people out my strategy, and Yes you dont have to do all the offensives in one round thank god. Hell you can do what I did (I think I used an offensive airstrike) and just go with defensive to build up your points to it quicker. Anyway heres my tips and tricks, hope you all like.

Okay guys the easiest thing to do is this. Use the defensive ones (they give you 30,40,40,50,60 points) in that order to get closer to the next offensive one you need. Once you use an offensive one once in a game , you are done, move on to the next. Which means now you can use more defensive ones to help you get to that next offensive one.

Now I plan on making a video of my gameplay strategy but what I do is get me 50 points for a UAV now I know in the back of my head it will give me 30 points when used, so I just need to kill 2 people to get my score to 70 points then use the UAV and that will auto put me at 100 points giving me my next killstreak reward (which is a 40 point FMJ ammo I believe) so now I know okay I need 135 points which is 3 kills and an assist + use my defensive killstreak to get me to the next killstreak.

I learned to build off of my killstreaks, and in this strategy its really better to do instead of using your defensive killstreak right away, now I say that because say I use my UAV as soon as I get it. Okay I am now 70/100 points, I need 3 kills...Well fuck now I am dead and have no killstreaks and have to start over 0/50 if you just hold onto it until you for sure know if you use it your guranteed your next killstreak then you basically have unlimited points and killstreaks. Like I hold onto a UAV (which is 30 points), If I get killed then I only need 2 kills then I use my UAV to get me to 50 points, which then gets me another UAV.

See how I always have one in my pocket, its really a great strategy. And I do all my killing with the SpecOps class, I never used sniper just my M4 with Combat scope and thats it really. Lol I got lucky for my last killstreak, I ran out of ammo and needed 1 more kill and pistol a guy across map and quickly called that shit in (pretty cool offensive killstreak) but yeah I will do a video of my gameplay when my HD cap card comes here Monday. Hope this helped someone, sorry if its to confusing.

Soulsurfer
10-20-2010, 07:10 PM
The achievement states that you have to use each offensive support at least once. So calling in just the Cruise Missile will not get you the achievement. I also don't think you have to get a kill with it, just call it in.

EDIT - I'm only assuming that you haven't called in each one, I apologize if you have, just don't want to sound like a jerk or anything.

Yup I called in a mix of offensive and defensive support actions before calling the cruise missile. Guess I'll just have to try again :(

Flello54
10-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Lol wow basically just took what I posted in 2 other threads and pasted it into this guys thread, honestly why does nobody use the search function this has been talked about way to much. Anyway since this guy basically took my own strategy from me I will paste what I wrote in 2 other threads several days ago.

I already posted this in another thread but I guess I will post it here again anyway to help people out my strategy, and Yes you dont have to do all the offensives in one round thank god. Hell you can do what I did (I think I used an offensive airstrike) and just go with defensive to build up your points to it quicker. Anyway heres my tips and tricks, hope you all like.

Okay guys the easiest thing to do is this. Use the defensive ones (they give you 30,40,40,50,60 points) in that order to get closer to the next offensive one you need. Once you use an offensive one once in a game , you are done, move on to the next. Which means now you can use more defensive ones to help you get to that next offensive one.

Now I plan on making a video of my gameplay strategy but what I do is get me 50 points for a UAV now I know in the back of my head it will give me 30 points when used, so I just need to kill 2 people to get my score to 70 points then use the UAV and that will auto put me at 100 points giving me my next killstreak reward (which is a 40 point FMJ ammo I believe) so now I know okay I need 135 points which is 3 kills and an assist + use my defensive killstreak to get me to the next killstreak.

I learned to build off of my killstreaks, and in this strategy its really better to do instead of using your defensive killstreak right away, now I say that because say I use my UAV as soon as I get it. Okay I am now 70/100 points, I need 3 kills...Well fuck now I am dead and have no killstreaks and have to start over 0/50 if you just hold onto it until you for sure know if you use it your guranteed your next killstreak then you basically have unlimited points and killstreaks. Like I hold onto a UAV (which is 30 points), If I get killed then I only need 2 kills then I use my UAV to get me to 50 points, which then gets me another UAV.

See how I always have one in my pocket, its really a great strategy. And I do all my killing with the SpecOps class, I never used sniper just my M4 with Combat scope and thats it really. Lol I got lucky for my last killstreak, I ran out of ammo and needed 1 more kill and pistol a guy across map and quickly called that shit in (pretty cool offensive killstreak) but yeah I will do a video of my gameplay when my HD cap card comes here Monday. Hope this helped someone, sorry if its to confusing.

Erm, okay? Considering I never even read your post, it's quiet amazing how I can 'take and paste' what you had written in a previous one.

I posted here to help out, not so that someone can complain that they have had ideas and tips 'stolen' from them. Regardless, I was only trying to help out and was not aware of your previous post, i'm sure people will appreciate you posting this here though.

Reqqu
10-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Okay, managed to get 700 points without even using offensive/defensive drops. So, map is that plane graveyard (cant remember name...) and Combat Mission of course. After attackers brake trough first barricade, you want to wait them. I made picture about tactical positions, here (http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9696/firecontroller.jpg). And explanations:

1. You and machinegunner, M60 example. Choose damage and fire rate instead range. Reload in cover.
2. Objective, behind you.
3. Friendly troops, covering your right flank.
4. Main attack, friendly troops will take them out.
5. Space between two box so you can see when bad guys are coming.
6. Your firesector and enemy movements.

I just shoot when something moves in sector, damage and fire rate will take them down fast. I got all points in couple minutes and finally got killed in guided missile. When I spawned I noticed that I got all seven off/def drops in store waiting to use :woop:

EnqeN
10-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi, I've got this achievement now maybe 20 times... it's actually very easy because the achievemnten is a bit wrong, because you don`t need to use every offensive attack to get this,, rather use all deffansive right up to the Cruise Missile.

Here is a list of how much xp you earn when you use deffansive rather offensive. It is wise to put it out when you see you're going to get new ... for if you die then put your killstreak out so you get a bit on yout way to your next killstreak.

* Level 1 - Mortar Strike (You get 30 Points)
* Level 2 - Rocket Attack (You get 40 Points)
* Level 3 - Missile Attack (You get 40 Points)
* Level 4 - Artillery Strike (You get 50 Points)
* Level 5 - Strafing Run (You get 50 Points)
* Level 6 - Air Strike (You get 60 Points)
* Level 7 - Cruise Missile (THIS wine you set out for the achievement, But if you take the defansive attacked you get 200 Points)

I advices to play the sector controller and the weapon you feel best with ... Many have done done this with the sniper, but personally I like the spec ops... just take the first objective and so find you a good place,, (don`t camp to much because a match take about 4-10 min.)

Just comment if there is something you struggle with, and I will help you as much as possible!

Good Luck every body, this is the hardest achievement (i think) so if you made it you schold be abel to get 1000 g

Sweet :eek:

Thought u had to use every offensive move atleast one.
But if u say u only have to get the cruizer missile i'll go for it.
Only need strafing gun and cruizer missile to have used all anyways :P

Mikey1610
10-21-2010, 09:25 AM
It's very hard to get legit now because you're skill level keeps going up so you are against players at roughly your level. There's a hell of a lot of players that are really sneaky and find small great little spots for sniping without exposing themselves. I've got myself in to some great little spots thinking there's no way I can get taken out and then boom, my head get's taken off from a mile away.

Leigh36295
10-21-2010, 02:39 PM
I had a facepalm moment with this achievement. I read it about it a few days before actually playing, and I thought it said to use all 7 defensive ones. So I actually managed in one game to use all 7 defensive rewards and wondered why it didn't pop up. Was gutted when I realised it was offensive, and I haven't been able to get it since :(. Always die at around 5.

mattjv2099
10-21-2010, 03:08 PM
It's very hard to get legit now because you're skill level keeps going up so you are against players at roughly your level.

It's of my opinion that some people can get this cheev and some people cannot get this cheev. For the cannot's no amount of tips will help. I cannot get this cheev. I'm at 1700 skill, level 10 with 12 hours played. Yes, I completely suck at this game and am only, at this point, playing for the cheevs.

However, this is a great tip. How do we reverse boost our skill to zero? Just go afk and get pwnd over and over again?

Mikey1610
10-21-2010, 03:11 PM
It's of my opinion that some people can get this cheev and some people cannot get this cheev. For the cannot's no amount of tips will help. I cannot get this cheev. I'm at 1700 skill, level 10 with 12 hours played. Yes, I completely suck at this game and am only, at this point, playing for the cheevs.

However, this is a great tip. How do we reverse boost our skill to zero? Just go afk and get pwnd over and over again?

It's based on where you finish on the scoreboard at the end of the game - 0 kills 0 deaths will do the job, may take a while to go down though.

II DRE II NL
11-02-2010, 11:50 AM
why dont u guys play combat missions on the attackers site.... get the sniper with a high power scope.. unlock at lvl7 run away from your objective like 140, 150 meters find a nice spot and if u can kill a enemy from that range it gives u like 70 or 80 points per kill then use the defend shit and right after that u can use it agian... so after 1 kill u are very close to 175 points... try to kill some more from that range... and u will easily get the achievement... its very easy once u know how....
Sorry for my bad english...
Peace!!