PDA

View Full Version : Magic branch?

Qonok
10-19-2010, 11:50 PM
So which magic path are people taking? I went by way of Dominance. Serenity freezes enemies into a solid block that makes it impervious to attack. I want to damage things not have them invulnerable. Zeal is fire. I get tired of fire even though it is pure damage.
The reason I went Dominance are the stun and then later the insta kill of 'Slay'. Yes, you need to get the critter down to 33% of its health but then once you do then Bam! done. Not to mention that a little electricity takes the critters out of their block.

II OE II
10-19-2010, 11:52 PM
im using Lightning Magic because of the nice stun it does... I am playing on Gothic difficulty as well, so i need those extra few seconds.

But then again, i am leveling all of my 3 magic schools so i can have a bigger mana pool / mana regen.

Qonok
10-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Yes, the stun works perfect. I will shock something and then go to town hacking at it with a sword and then when it is about to wear off shock them again. Golems and trolls never touch me. Only when there is a group of mobs that I can't do this. So I usually back away as I shoot them with my trusty bow.

II OE II
10-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Apparently the 3rd tier ability for Lightning Magic is a Chain Lightning spell that will affect up to 5 targets.

Qonok
10-20-2010, 01:34 AM
I just use a normal sword now but I want to make create that one-handed mace you get a recipe for. Has 30 power.
The reason I bring this up is that I was using an elemental cold weapon and it will negate the shock effect when it applies the cold effect. Stopped using that weapon when I noticed this.

II OE II
10-20-2010, 01:49 AM
speaking of good smithy plans..

I found one really early in the game called "Mageglass Sword" i think i got it shortly after just arriving on Argaan.. Anyways, if you dont have the information on it, here it is:

Mageglass Sword
One-Handed Weapon
16 Melee power
+5 Magic Power
+1 Mana Regeneration

components required to craft:
24 Iron Ore
2 Obsidian
2 Budding Mana Plants

I really lucked out and found 3 pieces of obsidian in a cave and made the sword.. i was using it until i got my Long Sword.

Though, it sucks that the cold weapon property negates the shock effect. *shrug* o well.