PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Ruslakallinn
10-20-2010, 12:19 AM
i have a x360 elite console and i tried to connect to xbl by connecting an internet cable from my PC to my xbox and when i do that every few minutes my PC bluescreens and restarts. can anyone help please? (1st thread btw)

Starstrukk X360A
10-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to plug your 360 into the modem itself? I mean, I don't think plugging it through a PC via ethernet cable even works..

Ruslakallinn
10-20-2010, 12:27 AM
i wanted to plug it in my room.. so i won't bother anyone while i play.

the Damage617
10-20-2010, 12:37 AM
i wanted to plug it in my room.. so i won't bother anyone while i play.

I don't think you can run XBL directly from the PC to the Box.

Ruslakallinn
10-20-2010, 12:46 AM
yes, you can, a friend of mind did it and it worked perfectly.. but when i did it worked for a few minutes and then my PC bluescreened. happened over and over again

Pootcrum
10-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Well you might be able to with Internet Sharing options, but I think that the type of cable (crossover or straightthrough) will then be important. Its certainly not the way to get connected.

djswivel
10-20-2010, 05:58 AM
It can be done, but takes a min. You need a wireless connection in the PC as well as the ethernet socket.

Then, you need to bridge the connections in network settings.

One of the reasons your PC may be blue screening is that it's trying to connect to the internet through the ethernet socket, finding the xbox connected there and then shutting down (blue screen) to protect itself.

mitchcraft1980
10-20-2010, 08:35 AM
you could try making a splitter , dunno if that would work

EDIT:forget it it wouldnt, i miss read sorry

but if it is a cross over you need before buying one just ask if the pins on the ethernet port of your pc and x-box ar the same

Ruslakallinn
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
It can be done, but takes a min. You need a wireless connection in the PC as well as the ethernet socket.

Then, you need to bridge the connections in network settings.

One of the reasons your PC may be blue screening is that it's trying to connect to the internet through the ethernet socket, finding the xbox connected there and then shutting down (blue screen) to protect itself.

protect itself from what? (sorry i'm no expert in this kind of stuff)

mitchcraft1980
10-20-2010, 03:56 PM
from you frying it, usually when your pc blue screens its because something inside it is very wrong and can do a hell of an amount of damage so it shuts it self down to stop that from happening, it will give you an error code which will usually mean something to people that know alot about PC's and then they will try to repair the problem, so if your pc is doing that when you plug your ethernet from the xbox to it , i wouldnt try it again ... if it is still giving you the blue screen of death when you are not doing that then you have something wrong with your pc which could be something as simple as the ram card inside it is not compatible with your motherboard to something like a very nasty virus ...

So does it do that when its not plugged in to your xbox or not ?