PDA

View Full Version : Was I the only one?

AutomaticUzoy
10-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Was I the only one getting raped in the Mojave by radscorpions? I never had problems with them in Fallout 3. I was heading to the NCR outpost thing with those big statues...no dice. I tried at night but it was too hard so i fast traveled elsewhere and waited until it was light out. Is it just me or are there more enemies at night?

Vigor
10-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Am I the only one wishing he was a radscorpion right now?

rowain
10-20-2010, 01:16 AM
New Vegas seems to have introduced varied damage/armour types. Normal bullets don't seem to be very effective against heavily armoured opponents, like radscorpions. My best tactic: grab every stick of dynamite you find off convicts and various gang members. One stick puts down smaller scorps, one stick plus a couple shots puts down the regular sized ones. Avoid the giant ones if you see them, that's just asking for trouble.

While I'm on the subject of avoiding.... AVOID DEATHCLAWS. Yeah they were dangerous in the original but they are INSANE in New Vegas. I decided to defy the warnings of the dudes up at Sloan about going North to the city through the quarry road... the place is CRAWLING with Deathclaws, and it take about a billion headshots to put one down at level 6 thanks to the new armour system. They will chase you down and cut you to shreds.

AutomaticUzoy
10-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Am I the only one wishing he was a radscorpion right now?

i should have expected that. but it did make me chuckle at least. lol.

AutomaticUzoy
10-20-2010, 01:24 AM
New Vegas seems to have introduced varied damage/armour types. Normal bullets don't seem to be very effective against heavily armoured opponents, like radscorpions. My best tactic: grab every stick of dynamite you find off convicts and various gang members. One stick puts down smaller scorps, one stick plus a couple shots puts down the regular sized ones. Avoid the giant ones if you see them, that's just asking for trouble.

While I'm on the subject of avoiding.... AVOID DEATHCLAWS. Yeah they were dangerous in the original but they are INSANE in New Vegas. I decided to defy the warnings of the dudes up at Sloan about going North to the city through the quarry road... the place is CRAWLING with Deathclaws, and it take about a billion headshots to put one down at level 6 thanks to the new armour system. They will chase you down and cut you to shreds.

well, i will take heed to the warning. at one point in time there were 4 scorpions coming at me with ferral ghouls roaming around.

Frost007
10-20-2010, 01:25 AM
I fried all of them with the Incinerator.

AutomaticUzoy
10-20-2010, 01:28 AM
i had the incinerator as well but it wasn't doing that much damage. it did kill them though with about 6 shots.

M49907
10-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Was I the only one getting raped in the Mojave by radscorpions? I never had problems with them in Fallout 3. I was heading to the NCR outpost thing with those big statues...no dice. I tried at night but it was too hard so i fast traveled elsewhere and waited until it was light out. Is it just me or are there more enemies at night?

There is a caravan right up the road near the big truck. Run over towards those guys and they will take the scorpions out for you pretty much. On your way back to town avoid the rest of them because I can't kill them easily either.

Darkforce412
10-20-2010, 02:19 AM
yes sorry those guy are so cute to kill so i raped them instead.;)