PDA

View Full Version : Choose a perk every other rank?

Blarghinator
10-20-2010, 02:11 AM
I have noticed that every other level up you get to choose a perk, is this right or am i accidently skipping the perk choice screen occasionally?

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
10-20-2010, 02:16 AM
I think its every other. I thought this too. But even if it is , you will have two perks on the next level. So no worries.

buknasty88
10-20-2010, 02:16 AM
I have noticed that every other level up you get to choose a perk, is this right or am i accidently skipping the perk choice screen occasionally?

Nope you are right, its suppose to skip every other level

Blarghinator
10-20-2010, 02:19 AM
thanks(grrr at least 10 characters)

UnworthyBoot
10-20-2010, 03:43 AM
I think its every other. I thought this too. But even if it is , you will have two perks on the next level. So no worries.

I bet to differ, I have yet to be able to select two perks. Every other level, I get to choose one perk.

duelingk
10-20-2010, 03:48 AM
I bet to differ, I have yet to be able to select two perks. Every other level, I get to choose one perk.

This is correct. In order to better balance the leveling and stat system the developers have chose to remove most perks that reward static +skills and to award perks every other level. In the end you will only get to choose 15 perks and will not be able to max out all stats. So choose very, very wisely.

My only disappointment is that it makes it even harder to justify bringing perks like +opp sex and + same sex. Would be fun to see what the optional perks bring to the game. But seeing how perks like Bloody mess, +skill points, + skill points from reading, and other *must haves* are still around, its just not worth grabbing the fun perks.

SweetBlackMagic
10-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Man...I wish I had read up some more about this before playing. I think this outright SUCKS beyond belief. HALF the perks of Fallout 3? I understand replay value, but come on. If anything, the 15 perks should be part of Hardcore mode.

EMP
10-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Yea im level 15 and still getting one perk every other level.. =(

Dz06lt
10-21-2010, 02:09 AM
that kinda sucks they should have just limited the skill perks to every other level, and still allow you to pick up some fun ones

Dead Soulja
10-21-2010, 02:11 AM
I agree, it this this is BS... I can't take the fun perks this time.

jwmc1971
10-21-2010, 02:11 AM
yeah , but you can put a skill point in your attributes when you buy them from the vegas med center . 2 perks for sale and skill points for charisma , intle , luck ect... also you can add the 50 lbs. strong back perk also . 20k for 2 big enhancements and 4k for the rest .

also make note of the perks you want when at the perk screen . the requirements are diff here . im lvl 24 and half the perks aren't open to me because i i dont have the secondary req. open .

Dead Soulja
10-21-2010, 02:16 AM
yeah , but you can put a skill point in your attributes when you buy them from the vegas med center . 2 perks for sale and skill points for charisma , intle , luck ect... also you can add the 50 lbs. strong back perk also . 20k for 2 big enhancements and 4k for the rest .

also make note of the perks you want when at the perk screen . the requirements are diff here . im lvl 24 and half the perks aren't open to me because i i dont have the secondary req. open .

I know you can buy implants but I did not read anything in the guide about adding the strong back perk except at level 8