PDA

View Full Version : Where is my Johnny Guitar?

Nitnoid
10-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Ok, I SHOULD have disabled the music after an hour but I totally overlooked it. Now my brain has a horrific imprint of that song. 2 out of 3 songs it played.

Is there therapy for this condition? Maybe detox to some Godsmack or something...

rubiq
10-20-2010, 01:55 PM
I want this song as the alarm for my phone to wake me up...

Wait till someone sings it on x factor :)

FakeJamaican
10-20-2010, 02:05 PM
i was just going to post a thread about this. So far I love the game, and I'm glad they didn't change the formula too much (except for the typical Bethesda game freeze, they could've worked on that).

I do, however, have an issue with this soundtrack - so far it is good, but I find the repetition of some songs to be ungodly... I once found "Big Iron" by Marty Robbins to play for 30 minutes. I grew up in a house that adores Marty Robbins, and was like "this song is not THAT long"

I started lol'ing after this point.

But seriously - the game needed some Elvis all around. Plus, Wayne Newton always cleverly alludes to song titles throughout the game, but they are never played.

One final note. Is it just me, or by the way Wayne Newton portrays "Mr. New Vegas", do you get the impression they really want Tom Waits to be a radio guy in a Fallout game?

I'd be game for a fallout game entirely fueled by Tom Waits music. I don't care if it clashes with continuity.

Bobo
10-20-2010, 02:13 PM
omfg tom waits music and voice is perfect for the weathered beauty of the wasteland... that's what i've always loved about his music... manages to be ugly and beautiful at the same time... plus his personality is perfect for radio banter! doubt it will happen though... he doesn't license out his music for anything... but as a voice maybe someday

edit: pretty weird... just left to go get some breakfast and "Downtown Train" was playing on the local radio station... not my fav song because Rod Stewart ruined it for me but still awesome... maybe it's a sign of things to come!

FakeJamaican
10-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Tom licenses to movies and shows, just not commercials.

Bobo
10-20-2010, 08:04 PM
thats true... i remember hearing a song of his in Hellboy... (which is weird because Ron Perlman kinda looks like him and has a voice in New Vegas) and probably a few others... but yeah i don't think he's ever licensed for commercials... i remember the whole lawsuit story over someone who copied his sound because he wouldnt release the rights to "Innocent When you Dream"

FakeJamaican
10-20-2010, 08:26 PM
i've always said Perlman should play him in a movie.

Randomburger
11-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I dont mind Aint that a kick in the head

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
For the love of everything holy, I am so glad I am not the only one suffering from this condition. We need to start a support group or something. I literally turn off every radio I come across in the game now, because some of the songs will play in my game nonstop. I thought it was a glitch. I find myself singing them in my head on the way to work or in the shower...the worst part is I can't really stand any of them.

Nitnoid
11-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Hah! I do that too! If I hear a radio playing, I will use the surround sound to locate said radio and off it goes. Had a hard time finding one of them at an old abandoned lean-to but I nailed it eventually. Too bad you can't destroy them with grenades...

Jellybean468
11-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I f***ing hate that song. I swear it's the only song that ever plays! :mad:

Mista Al Capwn
11-06-2010, 01:50 AM
I love tha Johnny Guitar song! Fits tha game great. Real desolate sounding.

karl hungus
11-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Ok, I SHOULD have disabled the music after an hour but I totally overlooked it. Now my brain has a horrific imprint of that song. 2 out of 3 songs it played.

Is there therapy for this condition? Maybe detox to some Godsmack or something...

Personally I hated the music and hated more the voice of Mr. New Vegas. But I suppose any music would get old and repetitive with the amount of hours you can put into this game.

I went near Black Mountain and turned on that station, and when I left, kept it on even after I was out of range. Then I got some crazy instrumental music and not just dead silence.

SpinelesS
11-06-2010, 06:47 AM
I personally like pretty much all the songs.

That said, if I turn the radio off I do seem to play the game for longer periods of time.