PDA

View Full Version : Good Charlotte has high standards apparently. Huh. News to me...

ApochWeiss
10-20-2010, 07:09 AM
http://www.cambio.com/more/news/exclusive-good-charlotte-interview-performances?icid=main|aim|dl7|sec1_lnk3|178731

According to the snippet from AOL.com, which is where I found the article:

They recorded an album but decided
that it wasn't good enough. So they
scrapped it & recorded a new version.

...so...wait...Good Charlotte's music was always supposed to be good? I swear to you all I never knew this...

Figured there would be some people out there that would find this funny too.

Vanilla Coke Zero
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
they're still around? thought they were long gone. they were half way decent, if you liked punk rock.

tehapoc
10-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Surprised those emo kids haven't committed suicide yet.

martdude16
10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I bought one of their albums when I was alot younger, I enjoyed it. I have some of the songs from it on my iTunes and listen to them from time to time. If one of you posted your favourite band/group, I would probably prefer GC over them. So it's all about personal music taste, no reason to hate.
Even though when someone says to me Soulja Boy is the greatest rapper ever, i'm like "Really?!?"... but hey it's their opinion, it doesn't mean he is the best, just their personal favourite.

Anyway, I think it's pretty cool that they scrapped an album which they thought was shit... most artists wouldn't do that, they're all about the $$$. I'm not going to buy it (or download) it though.

KFZ Scrubs
10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
I only like one of their songs... I don't want to be in love.... that's about it.
Other than that, i just remember them dressing up as fruits

RuggersAssassin
10-20-2010, 11:30 PM
I actually enjoyed their first view albums back in the day. They went a complete and diferent direction. I loved Chronicles of Life and Death which was one of their albums. Predictable is still one of my favorite songs to this day. I listen to like Tool and Staind too so I guess you could say I have a somewhat ranging appeal to rock/metal. Can't stand anything outside that genre though.

Nostalgic...

YouTube - Good Charlotte - Predictable

BarbaricGoose
10-21-2010, 07:38 AM
I'd never heard of Good Charlotte until now. I looked 'em up, listened to Little Things and now I wish I hadn't looked 'em up.

Sigh.

ParalyzedShadow
10-21-2010, 11:52 PM
If they wanted to be more known again, they should've stuck with Howard Benson. But it's like they want to become an unknown band. I mean, I like Don Gilmore as the next producer, but Howard is basically a genius when it comes to a band going mainstream.