PDA

View Full Version : Quest achievements and factions *spoilers*

Ethereal235
10-20-2010, 07:47 AM
There are three achievements related to quests I haven't completed yet; The House Always Wins, Render unto Caesar, and For the Republic (possibly Wild Card; if that's the path that relates to killing House and taking over on your own, that's where this playthrough has taken me). All three of these are available for completion, but they seem to involve obtaining alliances between the same small groups for the NCR, the Legion, and House.

Is it actually possible to complete all three in one go? It's told me that I've failed 'The House Always Wins' when I killed House (surprising; I honestly thought that 'kill-everyone' was a valid completion of a quest), and I imagine I'll get similar failures from NCR's questline and the Legion's questline once I obtain these alliances for myself instead of them.

I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone successfully completed these various quests and gotten multiple achievements, or is the best solution to keep your options open for as long as possible and then use multiple saves?

Skillz4Killz
10-20-2010, 07:48 AM
I did multiple saves to get them.

Ethereal235
10-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Based on your achievements (grats on 1000 by the way), it seems like you probably know more about what happens plotwise. If you take over Vegas yourself by replacing House with Mr. whats-his-face, can you ultimately ally yourself with the NCR and help them keep the Hoover Dam from the Legion, or is your only option to essentially fight the influence of both groups to take the dam yourself?