PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Browser based avatar editor!

ShaneForWax
10-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Once xbox.com comes back, we'll be able to preview and buy avatar items in a browser instead of having to log into the editor on the 360. :)

bones213
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I thought they were doing the update later this afternoon.....

Snowwwwy
10-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Ah thats awesome. I guess thats another positive thing about the new xbox.com :)

mitchcraft1980
10-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Cant you see your being pulled in to waste your money ... sheesh

iBlessing 09
10-20-2010, 03:53 PM
That's awesome time to buy some stuff, can you preview items on your avatar?

RuYi
10-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Cant you see your being pulled in to waste your money ... sheesh
Each to their own. Where others don't care for things like avatar items, others do. Does it bother you?

Didi Mau
10-20-2010, 04:29 PM
I didn't realise the beta testers had got their avatar items back until reading this thread, so thanks for reminding me to check! :p

I don't see what the negativity is all about with paying to customise avatars, it's hardly expensive. I need to pick up the microphone prop and then my guy's sorted for the next couple years, I can't see anything more awesome than the punk rock outfit coming out haha.

mitchcraft1980
10-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Each to their own. Where others don't care for things like avatar items, others do. Does it bother you?

Yes i have really strong views when it comes to things like this, I hate people trying to sell me something i know is a complete waste of money and tbh it is just a legitimate con ... i also hate seeing others being pulled in to things like this also. It could be because i have been conned by people in the past and am very aware of them now adays whether it comes to things like this or a company saying your going to get something for some money and you dont get it but its legal cos of some loop hole.

So yes it does bother me ALOT .. i would like to see people that have not realised exactly how much they have spent on a pair of glasses or a t-shirt they will never wear lol sit down count it all up and think about how much games they could of bought instead ....

I will never be pulled in to things like this and thats coming from someone that loves to spend money and has a big problem of when they get cash they just have to spend it .. so thats saying something ;)

TheLawnGnome
10-20-2010, 05:03 PM
i only buy stuff with left over points it seems i always have some floating around that i can't do anything else with.

the editing our avatars on the web now though sounds pretty cool to me though navigating it on the 360 is mildly annoying

ShaneForWax
10-20-2010, 05:09 PM
That's awesome time to buy some stuff, can you preview items on your avatar?

According to Major Nelson you can preview them before buying on the site.

Didi Mau
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM
So yes it does bother me ALOT .. i would like to see people that have not realised exactly how much they have spent on a pair of glasses or a t-shirt they will never wear lol sit down count it all up and think about how much games they could of bought instead

One arcade game, at most two? Don't let money rule your life mate, if we're going with that line of reasoning you could say why spend your money on games at all- if you like the avatar clothes enough to buy them then it's worth the money to you, if you like a game enough to buy it then it's worth the money to you.

It costs like 15 minimum to go out to a pub, and that only lasts a night. Might as well give all our money to charity and the less fortunate instead, no?

mitchcraft1980
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM
i only buy stuff with left over points it seems i always have some floating around that i can't do anything else with.

the editing our avatars on the web now though sounds pretty cool to me though navigating it on the 360 is mildly annoying

Add up all them left over points you had to any new points you buy, i bet you would of been able to get a few games lol

Ice Car
10-20-2010, 05:46 PM

This pretty much covered everything I wanted to say about this.

gmdodt
10-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Pretty handy..

moshr666
10-21-2010, 06:25 AM
could be a good option... time will tell

WLM Shadow
10-21-2010, 07:16 AM
cool, I wish it would have a browser, wii and ps3 has a browser, give 360 one too! :D

Pootcrum
10-21-2010, 07:41 AM
cool, I wish it would have a browser, wii and ps3 has a browser, give 360 one too! :D

Or go to a computer and use a competent browser. Cant speak for the PS3 but the Wii browser is a complete waste of existence.

ShaneForWax
10-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Almost forgot, you -will- have to download silverlight if you haven't already.

Evo Kazz
10-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Sounds pretty funky!