PDA

View Full Version : Xbox magazine review 8.5 are you serious??

upindat
10-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Big fan of XBOX magazine. When i got the december issue i could not believe there review of MOH. They are usually dead on with reviews of games. They start off saying CALL OF DUTY, MEET YOUR COMPETION. Reading it was almost like they didnt even play the game. There only real gripe was some glitches in some of the missions. They also state that you can play as the taliban. Dont know when they reviewed this but they got it dead wrong. They praise the mp and make no mention of spawn camping or over run with snipers. The review was written by Alex Clark. Dont know who you are but you are dead wrong. Or maybe you work for EA Sports. Anyone else read this review??:mad:

They also talk about the Clean Sweep mode. So i think they reviewed this way before it was released. But what gets me is they talk about it like it is part of the released game.

SneakyofSneaks
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I'd say it was about an 8.5 game, really enjoyed single player (yes it was a little short) and I'm loving the MP

Mikey1610
10-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I'd give it a 7

iiDaRReN316x
10-20-2010, 01:19 PM
7.5 For me, no game can outsale CoD Or Galo

Deathblow23
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Don't be suprised by this...if you've read this mag for very long. 2 years ago they had a female reviewer for Dead Space and she gave it a 6.5!!!! Their website got absolutely bombed by fans who were going off about the score being so low. They had to print a follow-up to her review in the next issue.

Funny,...I follow Dan Amrich on Twitter...a former OXM employee who is now at Activision,...and not long ago I mentioned the Dead Space issue to him in tweet and he replied by saying "let it go". Obviously he was/is still much touchy about the subject than me because my comment was a mere mention...not anything more.

I think reviewers are very egotistical, like many developers are. They hide behind the whole..."its just my opinion" thing...but they are dodging how much influence they can have in a game's success at retail. At the same time,...they know when they screw up...and that same ego causes them to do things like I mentioned above with OXM and Dead Space.

(just my opinion, but I thought Dead Space was better than Gears 2 and Fable 2 back in 08' when it dropped)

iiDaRReN316x
10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
also they gave kane and lynch 2 a 9 allthough i think the DEVs payed them

upindat
10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
also they gave kane and lynch 2 a 9 allthough i think the DEVs payed them

I have that game sitting at my house from gamefly. Was going to give it a try. I heard it sucks ass but short!! Maybe some easy cheevos

mattjv2099
10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I thought the single player was awesome. It's the MP that is complete fail.

when I play MP I laugh at how bad it is. How many times can I be spawn killed in a row? I have to remind myself, while playing MP, that I am close to another couple cheevos. I get those then I'll never play this dreck again.

JuSt BLaZe
10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't think they're serious. I'd rather give it a 3.0. What a fail!

ruslan74
10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
SP was a 9 for me. MP is a hit & miss of around 7 if you find a match where you wont be spawn raped within 1 second. :)

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Or just maybe, I don't know call me insane but....maybe it's his opinion? OMFHJOIS!!!!!

mini0mk
10-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Or just maybe, I don't know call me insane but....maybe it's his opinion? OMFHJOIS!!!!!
I agree. Maybe the guy who reviewed it likes the game.

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I no its fuking stupid 8.5. Its 10/10 easy!! brilliant game 10x better than mw2.

upindat
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I no its fuking stupid 8.5. Its 10/10 easy!! brilliant game 10x better than mw2.

I disagree. You will find very few people that say this game is better than any of the COD. 10/10 no way. NOT HERE IN THE USA!!

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-20-2010, 02:59 PM
I cant find fault at all with it. Cod4 No its way better than MOH. But MOH is better than mw2 online is brilliant campaign has great story a bit short but its fun. 9-10/10 for me

DeafSunchaser
10-20-2010, 03:29 PM
come on!!!!!!!!!!!

companies like this GET PAID to give good reviews!!! 8.5 my arse!!!

more like 6 or 7

Rapturous Rich
10-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Or maybe you work for EA Sports.
I didn't realise MOH was a sports game. No wonder everyone's hatin' on it! Expecting some friendly rivalry but instead there's bullets and shrapnel flying everywhere. GOD DAMN IT EA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

elephantd
10-20-2010, 04:55 PM
I gave it a 8.5 when i first started playing, now its a 6.5 but luckly I'm trading it in today:D

JuSt BLaZe
10-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I cant find fault at all with it. Cod4 No its way better than MOH. But MOH is better than mw2 online is brilliant campaign has great story a bit short but its fun. 9-10/10 for me

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/ruffryder187/HellNo.jpg

Deathr0t
10-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I'd say it was about an 8.5 game, really enjoyed single player (yes it was a little short) and I'm loving the MP

exactly right on imo.

EliteShadowMan
10-20-2010, 05:49 PM
SP i would give 8 - 8.5 somewhere in there. Multiplayer i would give a 7 because it seems like it will get old fast after you rank up

Barad
10-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I think they had a typo..8 should have been a 4 :/

upindat
10-20-2010, 06:57 PM

If you are saying that this game is 10/10 then COD has to be 15/10 !!!

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-20-2010, 07:07 PM
MW2 should be a 4, and keep this rating. Now I've only played online because I hate siege player but MOH wins hands down.

Barad
10-20-2010, 07:07 PM
If you are saying that this game is 10/10 then COD has to be 15/10 !!!

LOL I'm not a CoD fanboy but if he really thinks this game is a 10/10..CoD must be a 50/10! :P

MW2 has a better campaign and more than 4 game modes online that aren't dominated by snipers!

-This game failed its expectaions and doesn't deserve more than 6/10 and I'm being realistic here.

iiDaRReN316x
10-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Id give it a 7 the online is badass AK47z and AXES, tomahawks good game but after i get rank 15 im selling it.

AgEnT STARZz
10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
The bulid up to this game was huge but in the end it was a bit of a let down! The Single player is great but to short and the Multiplayer is good but no variety compared to other current FPS! id say a 7/10 overall

Taki...
10-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Problem with the SP in this game is that it seemed like a throwback. We've seen games like Far Cry 2 and OFP Dragon Rising recently with ambitious, albeit flawed, SP campaigns. This game was so on rails it almost played itself, and is so glitchy at one point I found myself watching enemies spawn around me because I seemed to have gotten too far ahead of myself.

I Anger I
10-21-2010, 12:44 AM
I agree...this game is only a 7 at best

VELVETxASSASSIN
10-21-2010, 01:02 AM
all good views so far. i think a 8/10 is a good score for this game. the campaign was pretty good n the multiplayer has potential if they address some things.

1.more/better maps. these maps r 2 cluttered. ur constantly getting stuck on a rock, a crate or whatever else is in the middle of the battlefield. very annoying.
2.expand the playlist
3.more weapons
4.adjust the damage players take in hardcore. its like playing regular w/friendly fire. its a half a clip or more 2 put some1 down.
5.spawning. its a joke. being spawned on a teammate who is in the middle of a gunfight is ridiculous.
6.snipers. if there is a team of 12 then there should not be 7 snipers. maybe put a limit on how many there should be per team. (i do believe u should be able 2 pick whatever class u want but the sniping in this game is out of control.)

the multiplayer has potential 2 be sooo much better with a few tweeks. if not then it will definately die down when black ops hits the shelves.

mmg1590
10-21-2010, 01:09 AM
I think 8-8.5 is a good score for the game. Singleplayer was short but fun. I only experienced two glitches in my 2 playthroughs. One I lost about 2 minutes, restarting from checkpoint. Another I lost about 10-15, was halfway through a level and had to restart the whole mission. I enjoyed tier 1 mode and will probably replay a few levels to try to improve my time.

I love Sector Control in multi. CoD4 domination was probably my most played mode/game for 360, and I'm having almost (not quite as much ;) ) fun playing Sector Control as I did playing that. I played Objective Raid and hated-hated-hated it. Tried Combat Mission for a bit and it seems alright. But once I'm done playing those for 2 hours to get the achievement I can see myself playing Sector Control for quite some time. Maybe not the 2+ years I played CoD4, but I definitely have fun with it

Dz06lt
10-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Id say they are dead on i would almost give it a 9 the campain is epic and the multi is fun as hell. IMO you are the one who is wrong not OXM

DokMMz
10-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Yes, just because one magazine/person doesn't like the game doesn't mean it's a BAD GAME.

Taki...
10-21-2010, 04:24 AM
...the campain is epic

Epically short? Epically glitchy? Epically easy?
All of the above?

ConfusedGeek
10-21-2010, 04:46 AM
the 360a review was spot on.

this game is like the free game they give out so that you can buy the real game (bfbc2 or bfbc3).

the least they could of done is pull a sniper and reduce the cost of it. not a $60 game.

i like the stand alone, but the mp really needs help.

upindat
10-21-2010, 12:56 PM
all good views so far. i think a 8/10 is a good score for this game. the campaign was pretty good n the multiplayer has potential if they address some things.

1.more/better maps. these maps r 2 cluttered. ur constantly getting stuck on a rock, a crate or whatever else is in the middle of the battlefield. very annoying.
2.expand the playlist
3.more weapons
4.adjust the damage players take in hardcore. its like playing regular w/friendly fire. its a half a clip or more 2 put some1 down.
5.spawning. its a joke. being spawned on a teammate who is in the middle of a gunfight is ridiculous.
6.snipers. if there is a team of 12 then there should not be 7 snipers. maybe put a limit on how many there should be per team. (i do believe u should be able 2 pick whatever class u want but the sniping in this game is out of control.)

the multiplayer has potential 2 be sooo much better with a few tweeks. if not then it will definately die down when black ops hits the shelves.

Great point man. I was so pissed last night when i ranked up to level 10 and unlocked veteran weapons. Only to notice that they decrease in accuracy!! WTF?? You rank up to guns that are not as good as lower ranks!! They need better guns!!!

team bisser
10-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Big fan of XBOX magazine. When i got the december issue i could not believe there review of MOH. They are usually dead on with reviews of games. They start off saying CALL OF DUTY, MEET YOUR COMPETION. Reading it was almost like they didnt even play the game. There only real gripe was some glitches in some of the missions. They also state that you can play as the taliban. Dont know when they reviewed this but they got it dead wrong. They praise the mp and make no mention of spawn camping or over run with snipers. The review was written by Alex Clark. Dont know who you are but you are dead wrong. Or maybe you work for EA Sports. Anyone else read this review??:mad:

They also talk about the Clean Sweep mode. So i think they reviewed this way before it was released. But what gets me is they talk about it like it is part of the released game.

how exactly did they get it wrong that you can play as the Taliban? just because online the teams are OPFOR and coalition they use the in game enemy skins. The enemies in the game constantly get referred to as Taliban and look exactly the same as the multi player skins so they really are still Taliban they only changed the name because people got upset.........*wait a minute another game about killing Germans/ Russians / Vietnames / Chinese ow wait another cod is coming out? well all above mentioned are clearly okay to kill (face palm).
Campaign was on par if not better than the last cod and I liked that campaign multiplayer is just as bad as each other least it has less online glitches.

jamie1000013
10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
8.5 is a little high maybe 7.5. I really like the MP and it's fun and different.I prefer killing someone in 4-5 bullets rather than just two like in COD. I don't have a problem with snipers because I snipe aswell. It's fun but you can't snipe every game.

Some maps are awful like in combat mission there are only two ways to get too the chopper. It's like one big tunnel with a higher and lower platform. You just get raped going down it lol.

Still I find it fun with friends.SP is good but it just doesn't outshine COD's singleplayer for me.