PDA

View Full Version : Vault 11

musicman4523
10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Did anyone get to the end and beat all the enemies? I got to the final room and got PWN'd a few of times. I have hardcore mode on to get it out of the way first play-thru, but not being able to fast heal with that many enemies in a confined area and no cover is not easy. I turned the difficulty down to very easy and still couldn't beat them in a few tries. Just wondered if it was even worth going back later? Is there any decent reward, or was it just a huge waste of my time to go in there?

PwcrLinux
10-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Did anyone get to the end and beat all the enemies? I got to the final room and got PWN'd a few of times. I have hardcore mode on to get it out of the way first play-thru, but not being able to fast heal with that many enemies in a confined area and no cover is not easy. I turned the difficulty down to very easy and still couldn't beat them in a few tries. Just wondered if it was even worth going back later? Is there any decent reward, or was it just a huge waste of my time to go in there?

Bring the buddies as Cyberdog and etc with you to fight..

musicman4523
10-21-2010, 02:18 PM
The companions are so weak that they die fast. I had Boone for a while, and after about the 5th time he died I left him that way instead of reloading. I went into Vault 11 and was looking around in the first couple of rooms only to get a message that Boone had died. After walking down the first couple of corridors I found his corpse, so his dumb ass ran ahead of me quite a bit. He did good damage, but couldn't take a hit even though I gave him some decent armor. I also had Raul the Ghoul for a bit, but he was a whiny little girl that hid when I ran into trouble. Then being the dumbass that he was, much like Boone, I ran into some Fiends and instead of staying behind me he decided to run ahead and around the corner and get PWN'd. Now I'm playing Hardcore mode the first play-thru and trying to rush thru it to get to my "real" one, but I turned the difficulty down to very easy after the first few times Boone died and he still died easy. So I'm not too high on the companions right now, after watching 2 of them die multiple times each on the "very easy" setting.

KrakenGreyjoy
10-21-2010, 03:24 PM
What the heck was spoiled?

musicman4523
10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
How the hell is that a spoiler? I just asked if there was any reward for finishing Vault 11, I didn't mention 1 thing about what I found in there. So now you know there's a Vault 11 out there, but you know nothing about it. I just wondered if anyone had finished it and if it was worth going back there at some point.

J4ckyb0y1
10-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Edit and write 'WARNING SPOILER Vault 11' in the title! i knew i shouldn't have read your thread.

OMG, there is a vault and it has enemies in it. Now it's spoiled for me!!

/sarcasm off

Ink129
10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Edit and write 'WARNING SPOILER Vault 11' in the title! i knew i shouldn't have read your thread.

Seriously, if this spoiled anything for you then you've got nothing to do on a game forum before completing said game yourself.

I hear there's Deathclaws in this game too... and ghouls. Sorry...

musicman4523
10-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I finally went back. Wasn't worth it IMO, unless there's a quest linked to it that I missed.