PDA

View Full Version : Downloading

mitchcraft1980
10-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Ok i remember i posted about this before but it was in another persons thread and i didnt ask for help now the time has come to ask as its doing my head in and xbox.com dont seem to have any answers to my questions ever.. the monkeys on their PC's are too busy eating bananas.

When ever i am downloading i cant leave the download screen or i need to start again and im getting sick of it, as soon as i navigate away the download stops all together and i have to "download again" I cant cue up downloads , i cant play off line games, i cant do anything except look at the download percentage and im sick of it. Once i was able to navigate away and i had 3 downloads at the same time.. obviously 2 of them were pending while the other was active and i could move around looking at other stuff on my dashboard and then the little xbox icon came up saying "whatever" has finished downloading on my TV but now as i say as soon as i move away from there i need to start from the very beginning again even if i was 50% and moved away if i go to my active download screen there is nothing in it, i then go back to the download and i have to start again. I have background downloading enabled also which has made no difference but if i cant move away from that screen i cant see it downloading while off lol yet i hear of other people can go play games offline while waiting. I had to sit and watch the whole of fable 2 download when i bought it or had to start again and again ...

Please someone tell me what the hell is up with my xbox ?:confused:

Snowwwwy
10-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeh, I remember reading this somewhere. Must have been you. Anyways, I dont seem to have any problems with mine. I know some of my mates dont have problems with that sort of stuff either. Hm, have you tried looking for a setting maybe?

iBlessing 09
10-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Try recovering your account.

mitchcraft1980
10-21-2010, 05:19 PM
not done that before but i could try

mitchcraft1980
10-21-2010, 05:22 PM
i have one problem with this, i created a new e-mail account for this, i dont remember what it is lol.. any advice on that now ?

EDIT: nvr mnd i used my head and got it from my account on xbox.com

mitchcraft1980
10-21-2010, 05:39 PM
nope that didnt work either :( this is so shit :( !!!

I just tried downloading a trailer from AVP i then pressed B which took me to the other downloads available went back to the one i was just in and i need to start again, thats how bad this is FFS !!! FUWE £$£FEW£ !!!!!!!$%$%$£"£$$ FUCKERS £$"£$"£!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH !!!

Mental Breakdown lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ice Car
10-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeh, I remember reading this somewhere. Must have been you. Anyways, I dont seem to have any problems with mine. I know some of my mates dont have problems with that sort of stuff either. Hm, have you tried looking for a setting maybe?
Really? I have the same problem as the OP, but I'm patient and just go play some other game or post on these forums when I'm waiting.

mitchcraft1980
10-21-2010, 06:54 PM
i cant play other games though, i have to look at the damn download until its finished or i have to start again :(

lucyghost
10-21-2010, 08:45 PM
why dont you try this, go to console settings and enable background downloads when you turn off your xbox, if that didnt help try in system settings the initial setup and that maybe help.

mitchcraft1980
10-21-2010, 08:46 PM
done it already mate

annoying thing is ive got cash in my bank to buy anew game but think hmm do wi want to download and sit looking at that screen forever =/

Ice Car
10-21-2010, 09:40 PM
done it already mate

annoying thing is ive got cash in my bank to buy anew game but think hmm do wi want to download and sit looking at that screen forever =/
You don't have to sit in front of the screen. Just do something else while you're waiting.

mitchcraft1980
10-21-2010, 09:55 PM
its not the point .. the point is something is wrong and io hate when something is wrong and i dont know what is wrong and why its wrong or how to fix what is wrong for not knowing what is wrong :( see i just want to be the same as everyone else :( normal ... i want to be normal and have a normal 360 like everyone else normal on the site :(

blah blah blah .... sorry im tired and in a silly mood tonight :D

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
The same thing started happening to me a few months back and I just thought this had changed for everyone so i never looked into it. The only thing I changed in that time was my xbox as I now have the new slim. If u also just got a slim then that might be it, if not then I don't know.

Pootcrum
10-22-2010, 12:25 AM
So when you leave the download screen, if you were to go to your active downloads (through the guide) your article would be in the pending list not the downloading list? Or not there at all?

Snowwwwy
10-22-2010, 12:26 AM
So when you leave the download screen, if you were to go to your active downloads (through the guide) your article would be in the pending list not the downloading list? Or not there at all?
I think it pauses the download.

Pootcrum
10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
I have never heard of that happening to be honest. But I wonder if it just says that the download is stopped, but then keeps going with it anyway. I get that sometimes when downloading a video and then starting a game, it gives that "Download Stopped for Blah Blah" message but then immediately starts it up again.

I just re-read the initial post.... so my comment quoted is pointless.

EDIT: I'm not at home so cant check, but they havent changed what the B button does now have they? When I am downloading something I always hit Continue, not back out of it.

DOUBLE EDIT: Quick idea for the OP to try, what happens if you queue up some downloads from Xbox.com? Assuming of course Xbox.com doesn't crash on you or something, it is a bit unstable at present.

lucyghost
10-22-2010, 04:50 AM
well i have another idea, why dont you clear cache, and if that didnt help, try format your hard drive, maybe its a little drastic but may work :)

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 09:10 AM

its gone mate .. thats how bad it is ....

what i dont get is it worked when i first had it, i never changed anything and this just started happening ..

its an elite i have

.................................................. ......

i dont get a continue .. its greyd out so i can only B or the xbox button

Clear my cache ??? this is something i was wondering last night actually .. does the elite delete temporary files on its own or do you need to ? if so where ?

Sayam
10-22-2010, 10:11 AM
just a quick question your not on the new beta dash board are you?

Fishman
10-22-2010, 07:39 PM
I have had this happen to me a few times, but it was never permanent. I think, from my own experiences with it, it is based on what you are downloading? All I know is I downloaded a game trial (sorry I forgot which one) and I backed out and it stopped and I had to go back to the download page and restart the damn thing. Then the same day I went to the Indie Games; started a demo download, backed out, started another, then started another, backed out to the dashboard and then they finished perfectly.

Maybe try download a few Indie game trials?
Are you downloading them to your HDD or a USB stick?

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 08:38 PM
no im not on the beta trial and yes im downloading to my HDD

i would try cue up a few from xbox.com like suggested but the site is so screwed just now i get error upon error ....

ok i will try get a demo and see what happens

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 08:42 PM
WOAH !!! OMG !!! IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

yeah thats strange the indie demos seem to be working ......

thats strange, at least its a start :D

thanks man , made my day you have lol

lets hope this continues to work :)

Fishman
10-23-2010, 05:04 AM
WOAH !!! OMG !!! IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

yeah thats strange the indie demos seem to be working ......

thats strange, at least its a start :D

thanks man , made my day you have lol

lets hope this continues to work :)

Glad to provide you with some help. I know how little things like this can really get to you.

:drunk :woop: :)