PDA

View Full Version : Patch coming out as quickly as possible

ShaneForWax
10-20-2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104563-Fallout-New-Vegas-Patch-Coming-As-Quickly-As-Possible

They are aware of some of the big issues and are working as fast as they can for a patch to fix as much/many things as possible.

Jkhoder7
10-20-2010, 06:41 PM
GREAT...now maybe i can get into the Strip and finish the game

Jarimy123
10-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Nice thanks for the info.

I haven't had any issues anyway, well one. Out in the mountain area I fell into a hole that wasn't there, but I just fast travelled out. Other then that I've had hardly any lag time, and no other glitches. Neither have my 2 friends, one on PS3 and one on 360. I believe most of the reports have been way overhyped.

vgfanatic1
10-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Thats good to hear. Found a glitch yesterday with armor. I had two identical armor pieces, which were stacked, and when I went to repair them, they both disappeared, and boom, 5 seconds later, my xbox froze. Happened like 3 times. I'm guessing its not just this specific armor.

Despite the glitches its still a great game, and its nice to see that the devs are quickly fixing them, even if it was their fault to being with, instead of leaving them.

the ferenczy
10-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I love that 2 days after release, now they want to fix all the problems. Why not test the game properly? These bugs didn't just appear after launch. Glad they don't make cars. You would buy it, drive off the lot, and then the engine would fall out of it. They would run out and tell you they are now aware of the problem and will fix it asap. This is a major title, it should not have so many issues.

Jarimy123
10-20-2010, 08:26 PM
I love that 2 days after release, now they want to fix all the problems. Why not test the game properly? These bugs didn't just appear after launch. Glad they don't make cars. You would buy it, drive off the lot, and then the engine would fall out of it. They would run out and tell you they are now aware of the problem and will fix it asap. This is a major title, it should not have so many issues.

Just curious, do you realize from actually behind what you see on your TV just how big the programming is for this type of game? While it may seem like a lot of issues to you, it's not the in grand scheme of the game. I'm not excusing issues, but if you took what issues there are and compared it to what there could be if they actually didn't care, it's next to nothing. And they are coming out and saying immediately they are working on hammering them out. I think it speaks a lot that they care. Better than games like CODMW2 where it's left for dead, even though it's an insanely popular game, they took their money and ran. Betheseda/Obsidian isn't.

Edit: And not to nit-pick, the game came out yesterday and they are releasing the announcement today, which is a day after release day. So I guess I just don't see how you can be so upset, I mean they are showing they care, which should make you happier then some/most companies.

bleachedbones
10-20-2010, 08:42 PM
to add....it is virtually impossible for the developers to test for every possible glitch and error that can happen...they make the game as fast as they can so we shut up and quit whining over the delays. almost every game that has come out while have its issues and there has been many times even after getting a game at a midnight release and sticking the disc in ill get an update. usually because the game was sent into production with a known issue that could be fixed with a post release patch....with the size of this game how can you honestly expect it to come out perfect the first time.....if thats the case go ask mommy and daddy to get you money back since the big bad gaming industry doesn't live up to your perfect expectations. And then sell you xbox360 to someone else because god only knows the problems it had when it was released and is still having....

Opunaesala
10-20-2010, 08:44 PM
A lot of people assuming that testing means they are going to find everything. Every game ever released has bugs somewhere, and some developers never bother to fix them. I am okay with this since they have acknowledged they exist and plan to fix them.

jwmc1971
10-20-2010, 08:48 PM
nah , they are lazy . with fallout 3 they never fixed all the issues . putting out a patch this fast is expected by M$ or Treyarch , but these guys should know better . it does suck , i consider major freezing to be a game breaker . its like the power company around here having brown outs once a month and saying meh ...it sucks balls . i cant change my electric company but i can sell my game . i mean , how many ppl beta tested this and then said " freezing and glitching ...thats cool " .

* why are you paying top dollar for a game , then defending it when it has big issues ?

Zenth Forbias
10-20-2010, 08:58 PM
EA (Treyarch, IW, etc) puts out patches? Since when?

Opunaesala
10-20-2010, 09:16 PM
They can't catch everything, and the only bug that has bothered me is that it froze once. Then again that bug might not have existed in the testing area, it might not appeared until the game was pressed to disc.

the ferenczy
10-20-2010, 11:27 PM
I find it funny that people defend the developers. Their job is to put out a FINISHED PRODUCT. This game clearly needed more testing. When I buy a game , I want it to be playable at the least. Freezing is not an acceptable glitch. Save corruption is not an acceptable glitch. And as for the mom and dad comments- not everyone on here is a kid. Some of us are in our 30s and are homeowners. We are the moms and dads. I don't want my money back. I just want the game to function correctly.

Shelton
10-21-2010, 01:02 AM
I find it funny that people defend the developers. Their job is to put out a FINISHED PRODUCT. This game clearly needed more testing. When I buy a game , I want it to be playable at the least. Freezing is not an acceptable glitch. Save corruption is not an acceptable glitch. And as for the mom and dad comments- not everyone on here is a kid. Some of us are in our 30s and are homeowners. We are the moms and dads. I don't want my money back. I just want the game to function correctly.

This is the gaming industry of today. With more and more people online, developers seem less inclined to put out a finished product, as they can just patch it when they're ready. Also, why pay so many testers, when we can do the testing for them? They wait to see what we find, then fix it. Sometimes...

I think your complaint is perfectly legitimate.

jwmc1971
10-21-2010, 01:31 AM
EA (Treyarch, IW, etc) puts out patches? Since when?
LOL , really . hey , it only took them like 3 or 4 weeks after the release to patch the under the map glitch in Roundhouse . and that was after a month or so of " testing " with the beta multi-player :woop: