PDA

View Full Version : Already froze

xhunterrrr
10-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Just finished the first quest and the game already froze. I have a feeling this is going to be a constant problem.

Sakurafire
10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
I've been playing for 9 hours (6 hours straight yesterday) and the only glitch I had was a Bark Scorpion stuck in the ground. (Still killed his ass and looted his glands... Yeah.)

It seems to be only happening with some people. Not sure what the cause is, but try downloading it to the drive (or removing it, because I am running off the disc). Delete cache, move save game around, and work with it a bit.

Pearson
10-20-2010, 06:42 PM
It froze on me once so far, I hope it doesn't happen again any time soon.

xhunterrrr
10-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I am annoyed mainly because I didn't think I needed to save within the first 5 minutes of the game (AKA setting up your character), so now I have to do it again.

vgfanatic1
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
It froze on me twice both for the same reason but I understand what the glitch was for me. It had to do with trying to repair stacked armor. Other than that, I haven't had too many problems.

Slightly off topic, but does installing this game make a good difference? I got like 80 gb still, and I got hours of homework, so I might as well.

koopakiller64
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I am annoyed mainly because I didn't think I needed to save within the first 5 minutes of the game (AKA setting up your character), so now I have to do it again.

The game froze for me when I was making my guy's face. I waited a bit, pressed the xbox guide button then closed it. It made the game work again for some reason.

xhunterrrr
10-21-2010, 01:08 AM
The game froze for me when I was making my guy's face. I waited a bit, pressed the xbox guide button then closed it. It made the game work again for some reason.

By froze, I mean the entire system locked up.

Coorhagon
10-21-2010, 08:06 PM
My game froze when exiting the Docs house. The music kept playing but the game stopped loading. I had to resetmy system. Also during my first non-tutorial fight against some gang members and some geckos and they where stuck In the ground yet still able to shoot me. I was less then 40 min in.

Jarimy123
10-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Have played for a total of probably 12 hours so far, haven't froze. Also have 2 friends, one on 360 and one PS3, who have played for a combined 25 hours and neither of them have froze. So close to 40 hours total of people I know have played without the game freezing.

If you haven't installed the game on your HD that's probably the #1 issue, the game is huge.

NaK Quinn
10-21-2010, 08:56 PM
My game froze once during a loading screen. However, thats once in the 20 hrs Ive been playing the game so...

p7nk
10-21-2010, 09:04 PM
About 10 hours in two freezes and one getting stuck in a mountain.

Joel2211
10-21-2010, 09:17 PM
While mines did not freeze fully it started to skip when I got to the Hoover Dam. It was skipping like if I was playing multiplayer with a bad internet connection. I thought my copy was perfect lol, guess I was wrong.

XperimntNterror
10-21-2010, 10:46 PM
These were all bugs in FO3, as well. The problem isn't whether you install the game or just run it from the disc uninstalled, it's the Gamebryo engine. Sporadic crashes/hard locks and various other issues such as getting stuck in the environment are nothing new. My favorite bug in FO3 was when I tossed a grenade at one of the robots roaming around the Wasteland and it launched about a mile into the sky and just hovered there. I could barely even see it and using V.A.T.S. didn't help either since it displayed a 0% change of hitting any of it's targetable parts. However, it had no problems raining death rays down on my ass. I also remember the Giant Rad Scorpion that was fired as if from a sling-shot when I fast traveled to a location. After I had spawned in the area and took a few steps, this "thing" rocketed passed me at Mach 6 and freaked me out. I went to inspect just what it was and it was the dead carcass of the Scorpion. I searched around for any other hostiles near by that might have killed it, but none were to be found. Speaking of randomly dead creatures, in NV i've seen Bark Scorpion dead bodies drop from the sky when fast traveling around the map. Very odd bugs with this engine.