PDA

View Full Version : Why should i buy this day 1???

Alktrio3
10-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry but why on EARTH should I buy this game day 1?

As far as ive seen from this game franchise is they keep making the SAME game with a few added tweaks. Guess what you did in the first and second...you ran to the top of a building, found new areas, ran up a wall to finish the quest or just followed some guy for 5 minutes to easily assassinate them.

But seriously, both of the other games dropped in price IMMEDIATELY upon release. I saw AC2 for 35-40 used at gamestop about 3-4 months after release. That seems like a better price for a carbon copy game.

SOO i ask you folks why on earth should i or anyone buy this game day 1 for 60 bucks!? and no, dont say multiplayer, it looks drab and boring and a tacked on game mode for a game that doesnt need multiplayer

StolenPaper18
10-20-2010, 07:45 PM
If you don't like the looks of the game...then you shouldn't buy it on day one.

Alktrio3
10-20-2010, 07:52 PM
If you don't like the looks of the game...then you shouldn't buy it on day one.

wow, yes what simple logic jesus...

im asking what makes this such a HOT GAME to make me want to buy it day 1

Br0kenAssass1n
10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
wow, yes what simple logic jesus...

im asking what makes this such a HOT GAME to make me want to buy it day 1

If you're that interested, you'd bother to look yourself. The fact you think that ACII is a carbon copy of the first is both ridiculous and moronic, so by all means continue thinking this, but you're wrong.

I personally think you shouldn't bother buying it... At all.

Alktrio3
10-20-2010, 07:59 PM
If you're that interested, you'd bother to look yourself. The fact you think that ACII is a carbon copy of the first is both ridiculous and moronic, so by all means continue thinking this, but you're wrong.

I personally think you shouldn't bother buying it... At all.

WOW, what are the HUGE differences in gameplay that took the second to the next level? so they added armor and a few extra weapons that you didnt even really need to help beat the game

and actually its my opinion..so no, im not wrong

also, i dont think i created this thread so people can shit talk and talk down to others.

Br0kenAssass1n
10-20-2010, 08:11 PM
WOW, what are the HUGE differences in gameplay that took the second to the next level? so they added armor and a few extra weapons that you didnt even really need to help beat the game

and actually its my opinion..so no, im not wrong

also, i dont think i created this thread so people can shit talk and talk down to others.

You're right, you didn't, so don't be a dick to people (person) when they're trying to be of help to you.

You clearly didn't play much of the second if you think it's identical to the first, so like I said, you shouldn't bother buying the third.

If you want carbon copy games, look at the CoD franchise. All the same engine, just different settings... Few different weapons thrown in along with a decent multiplayer. THAT is a carbon copy game.

LickableLemons7
10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, even though they do add armor and a couple new weapons in AC2, that's not the main transition of how the series changed from the linear perspective of AC1. In AC1, it was pretty much get to the city, do a couple of things in the city to find out info about your assassination target, assassinate your target, then escape your persuers. In, my opinion, AC2 mixed things up a bit, so it wasn't as linear as AC1, therefore making AC2 the better game. And because AC2 was more popular than AC1, Ubisoft decides to create ACB. ACB will be similar to AC2, but not all of the new tweaks have been exploited as of yet, except for multiplayer, and a few new armor and weapons. I'm not to sure if the core gameplay will change TOO much from AC2, but that is something we will have to wait and see. I'm not buying this day one though, I'll probably get it for myself during Christmas, if the reviews are good. I'll also have some time to play this at my neighbor's house also, as she has already pre-ordered the game, so I can get a feel for it before I make my final decision.

Alktrio3
10-20-2010, 09:54 PM
You're right, you didn't, so don't be a dick to people (person) when they're trying to be of help to you.

You clearly didn't play much of the second if you think it's identical to the first, so like I said, you shouldn't bother buying the third.

If you want carbon copy games, look at the CoD franchise. All the same engine, just different settings... Few different weapons thrown in along with a decent multiplayer. THAT is a carbon copy game.

oh im sorry was i a dick to you? you did call me moronic and what not...so looks like you are just a hypoocrite...be gone with you wench haha you sir are truly pathetic...stop writing on this thread if you are just going to bitch at me

and thank you LICKABLE for a good answer

Grado
10-20-2010, 10:00 PM
dont buy it, personally i <3 the series but ya you do run around kill this guy gather this blah but its fun.....dont buy it if you dont want to

Br0kenAssass1n
10-20-2010, 10:11 PM
oh im sorry was i a dick to you? you did call me moronic and what not...so looks like you are just a hypoocrite...be gone with you wench haha you sir are truly pathetic...stop writing on this thread if you are just going to bitch at me

You ARE a moron. I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about StolenPaper. Why would I have brought up how you treated me? Once again, use your noggin'.

Just a thought, if you have to ask why you should buy a game (day one or otherwise), you probably don't like the game enough in the first place. Especially as at every turn you seem to be bringing the game/series down without any counter argument from yourself.

I probably am a hypocrite, but then again, I've yet to meet someone that isn't, as proven by you, in the very same paragraph you call me one. In fact, each of my posts have been laced with insults as well as a useful insight to the series. Yours? Not so much. Just insults I think you'll find.

Anyway, I do look forward to finding out you've purchased the game shortly after release, (but not on day one) as since you created this thread it has become the very centre of my life, my being, but most importantly centre of the entire universe.

No doubt you'll come up with a witty reply, but alas, I shall not bother anymore. I bid you good day, and hope you find your answer -- eventually.

luffy
10-20-2010, 11:03 PM
something typical, we're 'FANS' we buy the games we like even if it sucks huge ass.

LickableLemons7
10-20-2010, 11:22 PM
You are most certainly welcome. And also, I don't know if you've seen this gameplay clip or not, it's in a thread. Here's the link.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263274
It appears that ACB seems a lot more stealth oriented than its predecessors.
Did you also know you can ride horses inside cities for once? I only found that out a few minutes ago.:p

Snow Camo Kid
10-21-2010, 11:34 AM
I have this pre-ordered so its day 1 for me.

As for OP, no one is forcing you to buy it at all, If your a fan of the series like me, luffy and grado then you will be buyin and playin every game this series comes out with on day 1. If you feel like this is a carbon copy then I suggest renting it and buyin it only if you like it.

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 01:44 PM

As far as ive seen from this game franchise is they keep making the SAME game with a few added tweaks. Guess what you did in the first and second...you ran to the top of a building, found new areas, ran up a wall to finish the quest or just followed some guy for 5 minutes to easily assassinate them.

But seriously, both of the other games dropped in price IMMEDIATELY upon release. I saw AC2 for 35-40 used at gamestop about 3-4 months after release. That seems like a better price for a carbon copy game.

SOO i ask you folks why on earth should i or anyone buy this game day 1 for 60 bucks!? and no, dont say multiplayer, it looks drab and boring and a tacked on game mode for a game that doesnt need multiplayer

I've never understood why people ask on the forums to be convinced to buy or play a game. When you state your point the way you have in you opening post it is clear that there is no convincing you to buy it day one, but fuck it I'll try.

First of all they've only had one sequel to Assassin's Creed so they haven't kept making the same game. That would require more than one copy. If you really thought that on the second AC all you did was get to the top of a building, found new areas, follow people to assassinate, etc than you didn't fully play or even play at all Assassin's Creed II. I'd check your tag to see how far you got through in the story, but Xbox.com is not working properly.

Anyway, if you didn't enjoy the first two, odds are you won't enjoy this one. AC and AC2 were very successful, so I doubt they will completely revamp this game to please the ones who didn't over the ones that did. If you can wait 3-4 months and pick it up for $40 go right ahead.

Braiiins
10-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I think there's a lot more to the games than what you make it out to be, it's more than running around and assassinating people. I also think the sequels aren't just slight tweaks of the previous game, the difference between AC and AC2 is HUGE. If you aren't a fan of the game and only play it for achievements then there is no reason at all to buy it on day one.

The sequels are like any other sequel, the game follows the same concept, continues the story line, and improves in areas that were lacking in the previous game. The difference between AC1 and AC2 is like any other sequel, except in this case the second game is better than the first, I can't think of many games where that is the case.

Roman672
10-22-2010, 10:47 PM
As a fan of the series, I'll be honest, the changes aren't hugely tramatic to the series. I agree that the gameplay took some changes in combat and AI difficulty, but the AI difficulty curve wasn't huge. The fact that AC2 was no longer as linear as AC1. Brotherhood has the right formula for the fan franchise at this point. Fans of the series, at least...this fan, isn't concerned about an overhall to the visual, honestly...I play them because I like the conspiracy theory in effect. I find the story-telling features of the game are what carry the series for me. That and there is something gruesomely satisfying about taking on the perverbial army of enemies single-handedly dispatching them as though they were nothing but mere mortals and I am the god that they should bow down to and worship....while I get fed grapes from a naked chick. (I digress)

If you're looking for changes in gameplay mechanics, an overhall on the visual aspects of the game, you shouldn't expect anything. The multiplayer interests me, but it's not a game changer in my decision to buy it. They are changing the enemy AI to be much more agressive and tweaking some of the combat mechanics, but as it sounds...nothing you will be wowed by. My advice, before buying anything....if you really aren't sure....just rent it. If you like it, consider buying then. If you've watched any of the dev diaries or single-player gameplay videos, you should be able to formulate an opinion on if you should buy it first day or not.

Morgutak
10-25-2010, 05:57 AM

It's AC. Case closed.

:)

Vanilla Coke Zero
10-25-2010, 06:51 AM
first of all TC, fuck you. second of all, assassin's creed II was a HUGE improvement over assassin's creed. i can understand why you don't appreciate the franchise, since it caters to intelligent people. maybe you'll be better off playing shit like mortal kombat.

also, assassin's creed II sold over 11 million copies. so fuck you.

Dan Rycroft
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Why do you buy call of duty or halo? essentially it's the same thing over and over killing people just stfu and stop ranting .... :)

DeekBoy
10-25-2010, 08:03 PM
You ARE a moron. I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about StolenPaper. Why would I have brought up how you treated me? Once again, use your noggin'.

Just a thought, if you have to ask why you should buy a game (day one or otherwise), you probably don't like the game enough in the first place. Especially as at every turn you seem to be bringing the game/series down without any counter argument from yourself.

I probably am a hypocrite, but then again, I've yet to meet someone that isn't, as proven by you, in the very same paragraph you call me one. In fact, each of my posts have been laced with insults as well as a useful insight to the series. Yours? Not so much. Just insults I think you'll find.

Anyway, I do look forward to finding out you've purchased the game shortly after release, (but not on day one) as since you created this thread it has become the very centre of my life, my being, but most importantly centre of the entire universe.

No doubt you'll come up with a witty reply, but alas, I shall not bother anymore. I bid you good day, and hope you find your answer -- eventually.

hopefully with this reply he wont come back. thank you for being smart with the answers and not giving in to this troll :D

Morgutak
10-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Why do you buy call of duty or halo? essentially it's the same thing over and over killing people just stfu and stop ranting .... :)

But...killing people is awesome.

In virtual worlds. :)

gerowniko
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM

What's your point? Are you serious? If you really are hating on this sublime franchise so much, then why bother considering buying the next installment on day 1 in the first place?

Nobody forces you to buy this game on day 1. In fact, I don't see why you would buy this game at any date if you hate on the franchise so much?

CIF
11-08-2010, 08:40 AM
You obviously hardly even played the second, and if you did......idk what to say to that.

Quickdraw
11-08-2010, 10:38 AM

i tip my hat to you sir, well done.

in response to the op, a majority of the single player games go down in price alot faster than games with multiplayer. youll see cod hang it high for many many months before plummeting down, people arn't handing their copys in once they have their thousand.

i mean no offence but sequels to games arnt going to have a lot of changes unless they truly are game breaking changes like in the first doing them pickpockets and other random stuff before the main mission, that was a welcome change i must say.

ive said this in other threads but to me its a 2.5 game, its mostly perfect ac2 engine maps actions just with a extension to the story, so i can see why it might not interest some, but the story is top notch. if you have worked for years ensure you have a good game engine for the world you gunna reuse that a lot then make minor tweaks to it saves a lot of money.

there is no harm in waiting afew months but at best least where i am 2nd hand copies at best will only be around 4-8 off not sure in the us but here its just about right.

ACE ASSAS5IN
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
i just have a great time playing both. and now with multiplayer. haha im in heaven baby!!! im buyin it day 1!

PoMoGub
11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
If you don't want the game day 1, don't buy it. The fact that you need to ask answers your own question. Plus, if you can't see the huge differences between the first and second game then this series is clearly not for you.

scXthursday
11-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Fucking troll; I hate it when people make threads for new games coming out asking people why they should buy it. This happens the most over in the Gamefaqs boards; a place for retards and smart people with down syndrome.

Other than that, I'm stoked for AC:B and cannot wait to see the fate of Desmond, Ezio, and Vidic.

Bcleal
11-13-2010, 01:10 AM
It's AC. Case closed.

LOL i saw this and it was exactly what i was thinking im a fan of the franchise i can say the AC series is my most favorite series of games on the xbox 360 maybe....all time lol so its pre-ordered an a day 1 for me iv been looking forward to this game since the begining of this summer and its almost here :) im excited!!! But if u didnt like the games then u probally wont enjoy the next sequel to the series thats my opinion O and we arent sales ppl we shouldnt have to convince u to buy a game or not either u will or u wont wheather u do or dont i really couldnt care less.

KillerBEA
11-13-2010, 03:15 AM
It's AC. Case closed.

Agreed. AC is awesome; definitely more fun than GTA. I like the setting better and the story telling is better as well with continuation from prior iterations.