PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer aim assist - Wow!

a Capibara
10-20-2010, 10:18 PM
I've been playing the game since it came out, finished SP very quickly and started on the MP, main reason I got this game was for that.

BUT... my god, the 'aim assist' (more like auto aim!) is RIDICULOUS.

Every game has a degree of auto aim to account for how inaccurate the joystick is incomparison to say a PC mouse but MoH takes the biscuit.

Has anyone else noticed how you can track enemies through rocks or seen that your crosshairs attract to an enemy that's behind a wall etc?

Gav LCFC
10-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah i noticed that aswell your guns follows them behined a wall then they pop out the other side, really wierd.

stuhp
10-21-2010, 12:00 AM
I've noticed this as well. But, it's probably only noticeable because of the fact that the analog controls are super sensitive on default. The controller I use is fairly new and doesn't lean to any one angle in any of my other games, and yet when I use it to play MoH my character seems to want to either strafe or look left and right constantly. So, when I'm looking at the edge of some boulder trying to get within the game's analog deadzone, my ACOG starts to track some ghost movement behind the boulder, and I go 'o hay an enomee' :D

I suppose it helps, but it is pretty exploitable. I don't see why DICE didn't decide to rehash at least that much from Bad Company 2, because the aim assist was nowhere near as bad in that game.

KiidxLuNa7iic
10-21-2010, 12:00 AM
It retarded I've been killed behind walls like 100 times no joke.

iBeatStuffUp
10-21-2010, 03:28 AM
It gets pretty funny when there's a baddie hiding behind an objective and your crosshair just gets sucked into him...

TristamRaiders
12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
This is an old thread, and it seems as though the multiplayer auto-aim is not very pronounced anymore. I could be wrong, but I really can't tell that there is much of an auto-aim at all. Especially when sniping.
Can anyone else comment? Probably not since this thread is so old...

Snipin' and Smokin'!

TheLegendOf1977
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
This is an old thread, and it seems as though the multiplayer auto-aim is not very pronounced anymore. I could be wrong, but I really can't tell that there is much of an auto-aim at all. Especially when sniping.
Can anyone else comment? Probably not since this thread is so old...

Snipin' and Smokin'!

I'm with you, never noticed the auto aim that much in MP...

The19MrHockey
12-05-2010, 07:39 AM
well sniping would be weird if it "auto-aim".. lol.

To expand that a bit, I don't think that they would be for sniper cuz you're not gonna be as fast as an assault rifle and stuff so you can't just zoom in and then shoot as accurately as the auto aim of the other guns.