PDA

View Full Version : The difference between Rap and Hip Hop

KFZ Scrubs
10-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Hip hop:
YouTube - Lupe Fiasco - Kick, Push (Lyrics & Download Link)

Rap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6WQZMU3Fw&feature=player_embedded#!

Just had the urge to post this after coming from the hip hop across all cultures thing at my school.

BarbaricGoose
10-21-2010, 07:49 AM
That second video was the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life. I've listened to some terrible things, but that takes the cake. I listened to Sethdub, Anarchist Vampire, Blood on the Dance Floor, I thought I'd heard all the worst music available.. clearly I was wrong.

Thank you, Scrubs, for showing me that no matter how many horrible things you go through, there is always one more atrocity waiting for you.

jtr1gg3r
10-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Hip Hop has gone up the shit, the old stuff is good, but the new stuff is hurrendous =/

The rap game has literally died now imo, just eminem really now :(

Dizzee Rascals gone a bit quiet too, hopefully making some new tunes :)

Steed
10-21-2010, 08:29 AM
I think the second one was trying to get my head to explode. I hope that video was a joke of some kind, and I'm missing the point, because there were so many likes and so little dislikes.

Ice Car
10-21-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm... Afraid to listen to either videos. Hip-hop and Rap are perhaps the worse things I hve ever seen EVER and not just in terms of music. Honestly, these new trends are fucked up. It seems to have reached it's peak in Middle School when practically every iPod had some kind of horrible hip-hop crap on it, and... Well it was the absolute worse years of my life because of that. :p

I had to drop this bomb somewhere. Hip hop is crap. Rap is crap. (Wow the rhymed) Enough said.

Pez
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Is that second video actually serious? And what is with that dude's voice? Is he chewing on his own face?

agentplatypus
10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Its funny how most people think what they hear on the radio is hip hop or rap. Then they assume all hip hop and rap is like that.

News flash, it's not.

Joker0fLife
10-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Its funny how most people think what they hear on the radio is hip hop or rap. Then they assume all hip hop and rap is like that.

News flash, it's not.

If you follow trends like trendy kids do, it really is mostly like that. Lil' wayne is somewhat manageable, but if you sound more idiotic than he does, you just gotta GTFO...

KFZ Scrubs
10-21-2010, 08:59 PM
To everyone asking if the second video is for real.... it's not... it's just making fun of the current rappers today..... but personally... i could barely tell the difference from that and their normal stuff.
I was arguing with one guy on youtube (for fun) and he compared these guys importance to society to like MLK and shit.... and that they were lyrical geniuses.
My..... what's wrong with the world today.

BarbaricGoose
10-22-2010, 05:58 AM
some kind of gay hip-hop

I assure you, rap and hip-hop are probably the least homosexual genres in existence.

Ice Car
10-22-2010, 06:09 AM
I assure you, rap and hip-hop are probably the least homosexual genres in existence.
lol. Hip-Hop is still horrible though.

Hero Of Acre
10-22-2010, 07:06 AM

http://www.cracked.com/article_15115_the-15-most-outrageous-claims-in-pop-music-history.html

Number 14.

BarbaricGoose
10-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Number 14.

Okay, so that's one homosexual song for hip-hop or rap. Other, non-rap/hip-hop genres include such gay artists as:

The Village People
Erasure
Depeche Mode
Elton John
Queen
Scissor Sisters
Color Me Badd(#15)

I could go on.

Lava Tonsil
10-22-2010, 09:13 AM
As KRS said, "Rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live".
I.e. hip hop has a culture.
I'm going to see KRS One on Saturday so it's at the front of my mind :)
YouTube - KRS-One "Rappaz R.N. Dainja"

martdude16
10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
lol. Hip-Hop is still horrible though.

...Hip-Hop is far from horrible actually.

As KRS said, "Rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live".
I.e. hip hop has a culture.
I'm going to see KRS One on Saturday so it's at the front of my mind :)

KRS is the man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yGz3irq4Eo

MC_Ricka
10-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Hip-hop was a movement, rap, breakdancing, beatboxing etc. is a form to express that you were a part of that movement, so that question is incorrect.
Lupe fiasco is lyrical, but music from artists like Drake, are still rap, but not lyical imo.
I prefer to listen to lyrics that mean something, but the mainstream rap is all about how many cars and how many girls you have.

PS. I'm sorry if my english is bad...

sledge
10-27-2010, 06:28 PM
LOL Lupe isn't that great anymore, there's far better artists than him. Most of the mainstream stuff is absolute trash. It gives the perception that all hip and rap is like that because of people like Flo Rida and Lil Wayne, when not all of it is like that. You just have to do some searching around proper hip hop sites, for good music.