PDA

View Full Version : can you transfer live arcade games from one tag to another?

mickspawn
10-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi guys, i had an old gamertag back in 2006 that i forgot about until recently and it has like 15 old xbox live arcade games attached to it.. is there a way to transfer these to my new gamertag?
thanks

the Damage617
10-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Hi guys, i had an old gamertag back in 2006 that i forgot about until recently and it has like 15 old xbox live arcade games attached to it.. is there a way to transfer these to my new gamertag?
thanks

I'm gonna assume no.. I'm not 100% sure.. But I doubt Microsoft would allow this.. If this was possible I could see people taking advantage of it.

Cheers, hopefully you get a better answer with a guaranteed answer. Everything I said is merely speculation.

davezpsp
10-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Look into doing a license transfer of those games, from what I know you can basically "give" your old arcade games to your new profile or call MS and tell them whats up and they may do something for you.

Starstrukk X360A
10-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Recover your gamertag onto your current console.
Do a license transfer for that gamertag and console.
Remove old gamertag (or keep it, doesn't matter.)

Doing a license transfer allows other gamertags and profiles to play the downloadable content even if the gamertag that bought it isn't signed in.

GHLougar
10-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Well i gotta ask....can u do so when transfering the SAME tag but to another console?

Shelton
10-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Well i gotta ask....can u do so when transfering the SAME tag but to another console?

Well yes, that is the point of the license transfer tool. Transferring the licenses from one console to another. Anything you have bought with the profile will always work if you're signed into LIVE, but if you want to play it offline, do the license transfer.

Note; You can do the license transfer only once every 12 months.

GHLougar
10-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Well yes, that is the point of the license transfer tool. Transferring the licenses from one console to another. Anything you have bought with the profile will always work if you're signed into LIVE, but if you want to play it offline, do the license transfer.

Note; You can do the license transfer only once every 12 months.
well thanks i needed some clarity on that. Now i need to get my stuff set and im on my own again :)