PDA

View Full Version : Tier 1 is bullshit.

Superjoint Ritual
10-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Okay so it's not that hard, just annoying. If you're gonna make a "beat the time" and "no checkpoint" mode, get your shit together first. First of all your dumb ass squad. I can't tell you how many times they have said a building was "clear" just to walk in and have some towel head twat blow my brains out. Second off is all the goddamn glitches! MANY times now I have failed the second mission because enemies won't appear, objectives disappear, the ground disappears or your squad just stops moving!

MidwestPride
10-21-2010, 06:08 AM
At least you have fun with the tier 1 mode.

phatstrat
10-21-2010, 07:32 AM
The whole concept is retarded anyway. You mean to tell that in 2010 a timed level challenge is the best alternate game play these dicks could come up with? Might as well be an NES game. It's too bad this disc is too big to flush down my toilet.

Lavindathar
10-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Thought it was incredibly easy myself. Whole thing done in less than 2 hours with 0 deaths. It should of been veteran difficulty from CoD with no checkpoints. That would of been a challenge.

Barad
10-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Tier 1 is easier than a lot of games on their easist diffciluty, I never died on my easy playthorugh, only once on hard and again never on Tier 1 (lets leave belly of the beast out the way shall wee :P) The fact theres no checkpoints doesn't really make it any harder becuase you would be stupid if you died in an obvious place anyway, just take your time (not too much though!), concentrate and you'll suceed!

Lavindathar
10-21-2010, 12:31 PM
I was expecting to get nailed on Belly of the Beast at the end, but it was fine on Tier 1. I died more on my complete hard playthrough (I think I died three times) than I did on T1.

upindat
10-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Thought it was incredibly easy myself. Whole thing done in less than 2 hours with 0 deaths. It should of been veteran difficulty from CoD with no checkpoints. That would of been a challenge.

Really two hours?? Shit i need to try this. about four cheevos let for 1000g!!! going to bite the bullet and get this over with!!

upindat
10-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I was expecting to get nailed on Belly of the Beast at the end, but it was fine on Tier 1. I died more on my complete hard playthrough (I think I died three times) than I did on T1.

So since it is timed, is the best stragegy just to hang back and take your time or is the clock really not an issue??

Lavindathar
10-21-2010, 01:42 PM
2 hours was an approximation. I bet its just under though. To be perfectly honest, I was close on a few of the par times, and I didn't hang back. I was just playing it safe. I know i beat some par times by a mile, the last level for instance was 28mins I did it in about 16.

If you hang back, I can imagine you getting caught by the timers. But its easy enough to run through if you wish. you'll know where the tricky bits on each level are as you've already done them. Just go slow on those bits, nuke the rest.

I'll add my time up tonight when I get home from work so I don't look like a total tool lol in case its over 2 hours.

Edit - Got my missus to check for me. Total time was 136minutes. So, 2 hrs and 16minutes. Not to bad.

Lavindathar
10-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I did run into glitches. Restart mission, problem solved. You might waste 10minutes of your time, but there is nothing that can be done about it.

I got the "squad can't move up" glitch a ton. Wouldn't let me progress. And getting hit through walls was annoying as well.

Anyway, why bother with the langauge? No idea why keyboard warriors aren't banned tbh.

Nevander
10-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Two posts above me = lol.

But seriously, just take it slow, use the lean function, and move up and don't forget about prone. Just run up and slide into cover and go prone, your teammates will actually do a lot of work, at least they did for me. The hardest mission is probably the second to last one, because of the areas where you have to shoot the right enemies in the right order to avoid being detected, or either kill them all, which takes a long time.

jamie1000013
10-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Is tier one a set difficulty? Is it harder than hard difficulty?

Nevander
10-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Is tier one a set difficulty? Is it harder than hard difficulty?

Tier 1 mode is sort of a timed mission mode, kinda like a time trial sort of thing. I believe it's on Hard, but with a few features changed. You can't get ammo from teammates (I never had to anyway), there's a timer, and it takes longer for your health to come back, as well as a few HUD elements are removed. Overall it's pretty similar to Hard.

Scotsman Elite
10-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Tier 1 Mode was easy if you obey the following;
Move Fast, Find Cover, Kill Shots not Hit Shots, Pickup AK47s as your secondary and you'll be fine!
The times are really not an issue. Your team mates either not moving/shooting or standing infront of you is the only real issue with Tier 1 Mode.

Goldyman77
10-22-2010, 04:30 AM
I have just 2 missions to go. As everyone's been saying, time and patience will get you to the end without much trouble. I have to beat belly of the beast however as one of my last two, so I'm not quite sure how much that theory applies to that mission since it is supposed to be the hardest. Will post when I finish tier 1 and get 1k in this game. As long as I do it before Black Ops I'm happy.

Tom Pladgett
10-22-2010, 10:35 AM
None of the missions in Tier 1 are critical to time. The only ones I finished with less than 3 minutes remaining were Belly of the Beast (for being very cautious), Neptune's Net (ditto) and the one where you drive the quads around (par time of only 12:30). Getting frozen time from kill streaks and head shots isn't really needed.

The difficulty seems to be identical to Hard, no ammo resupply, no HUD, and no aiming crosshair. The only annoying level is Belly of the Beast, really. It is long (par time 25 mins) and the hardest bit is at the very end, so if you bite it, have fun starting over. Also, conserve your ammo on that mission.

hairlesswookiee
10-22-2010, 10:28 PM
What pisses me off the most is that the timer is still ticking when you are forced to watch the stupid in-mission cutscenes and conversations.

xXI JEDI IXx
10-24-2010, 01:08 AM
My biggest problem with the whole thing is the clock ticking away when you have no control of your character- i.e. during conversations your teammates or other in level "cutscenes"

Langeboy
10-24-2010, 01:25 AM
My biggest problem with the whole thing is the clock ticking away when you have no control of your character- i.e. during conversations your teammates or other in level "cutscenes"
^ This.

Also, sometimes events that let you progress further in the level come faster / slower depending on how the game feels. Can get frustrating at times.
I only have the last two levels left to go, hopefully can knock them out without too much trouble.

Steakslave
10-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Finally got this a few minutes ago. All I can say is to keep at it and try to memorize enemy moverment patterns and placement. It's frustrating to have to redo the last 25 minutes of your life; they could've done this mode WITH checkpoints and it would've added replay value. As it is, I feel that "Belly of the Beast" was the toughest only due to the time restraint. You need at least 8 min. from the time the cell phone blows up the first hut to the end of the mission.

ChizCafe
10-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Finally got this a few minutes ago. All I can say is to keep at it and try to memorize enemy moverment patterns and placement. It's frustrating to have to redo the last 25 minutes of your life; they could've done this mode WITH checkpoints and it would've added replay value. As it is, I feel that "Belly of the Beast" was the toughest only due to the time restraint. You need at least 8 min. from the time the cell phone blows up the first hut to the end of the mission.
You sure its 8 minutes, I saw someone start with 7 minutes plus they got a couple headshots and other skill combos going on the mountain. All i know is I am proud of myself, I reset Belly once at the beginning cause I couldnt see them in the dust up high so I turned down my brightness and contrast to get better views. I got done with that mission (including waiting for the Apaches at the end because the timer is still going) in like 21 minutes, I got to the house at like 14/15 minutes then BOMB cell phone attack. But yah this was easier for me then on hard mode.

I know what you mean about the cutscenes and stuff timer still going, I know I would shit a brick and be pissed if I finished Belly of the Beast and "failed" because the timer goes for like another full minute and half while the Apaches blow shit up.

Little tip I put in my videos but, on Belly of the Beast swap your shotgun for a AK47 that used 7.62 ammo, the enemies basically all use that (or the other AK) and it helps a lot through the game in close quarter instead of the scoped SAW plus you have like full ammo all game just walk over dead enemies

xbKarl
10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Completed First In first time, tried Breaking Bagram and managed to get sniped even though I was behind cover so I think the game will be going back on my shelf for a bit before I try doing the rest of it. Doubt I'll be trying the rest of it anytime soon, far too boring, they could have at least created a few new missions for it like the Spec Ops ones in MW2 :/

Macbeth
10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
if you are having trouble with it, i came across a youtube video showing you how to do it , try it that way and see what happens, p.s good luck

ChizCafe
10-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Completed First In first time, tried Breaking Bagram and managed to get sniped even though I was behind cover so I think the game will be going back on my shelf for a bit before I try doing the rest of it. Doubt I'll be trying the rest of it anytime soon, far too boring, they could have at least created a few new missions for it like the Spec Ops ones in MW2 :/
I have a video walkthrough that shows you how to do them all pretty easily, i got a really good time on the second one with little trouble

if you are having trouble with it, i came across a youtube video showing you how to do it , try it that way and see what happens, p.s good luck

Here you both go.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3653492#post3653492
Thats the thread where my videos are up
here is my actual channel with the playlist walkthrough up there
http://www.youtube.com/user/DrCoffeeMD

chivalryVillian
10-25-2010, 12:31 AM
sounds like bullshit