PDA

View Full Version : Xbox.com Achievement time stamps no more

Bobtroid
10-21-2010, 05:42 AM
This update has completely screwed it up and the new site in general just looks awful. Is there going to be a fix for this or a new time stamp add on?

Snowwwwy
10-21-2010, 05:46 AM
Probably not. I doubt there gonna add them on. Have to wait and see. I hope they fix it up quickly tho, so many glitches.

Gun-Nut
10-21-2010, 06:24 AM
I had a quick look at the timestamps script and was not as simple as editing the link to the new achievement pages :(

Might have another look at it but I don't really know how someone come across it anyways to bring it back.

Braiiins
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
So I was just looking at my achievements and was looking when I unlocked them, I don't know if this was when I didn't have live for a few days or if it's because of the new update, but for some of my achievements (at least for assassin's creed 2) it stated that I unlocked some of them on "acquired on 1/1/1753". What's up with that? is it a problem with the new update?

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Not understanding what you mean by no more time stamps. I got time stamps on the achievements I got yesterday.

TemporalWizard
10-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I unlocked some of them on "acquired on 1/1/1753". What's up with that? is it a problem with the new update?

Since the update, achievements earned offline are apparently being tagged with that date.

Shiryoyami
10-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Aside from the offline achievements, timestamps are functioning perfectly for me. What do you mean they're gone?

Tufty
10-21-2010, 04:38 PM
They're working fine.
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt264/Tufty94/Capture-1.png

dakisbac
10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
They're working fine.

I think TC is referring to the actual time, which we used to be able to see with the Greasemonkey script.

Corrupt.
10-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Damn ninja :(

Shelton
10-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I had a quick look at the timestamps script and was not as simple as editing the link to the new achievement pages :(

Might have another look at it but I don't really know how someone come across it anyways to bring it back.

Someone would need to get in contact with SnapDragon. IIRC, he wrote the script. Maybe he can fix it?

dakisbac
10-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Someone would need to get in contact with SnapDragon. IIRC, he wrote the script. Maybe he can fix it?

I was just taking a look at the code. I tried the simplest fix of just changing the domain because it is no longer ViewAchievementDetails* but now Achievements*. That would have fixed it if they still have the achievement date data in the same format, but since it didn't they must have changed it. I think the script basically needs to be rewritten, but I'm still a newb regarding Java(script). At least I can understand the code now though :)

mblaine
10-21-2010, 05:17 PM
It doens't look possible now as the hours and minutes information used to be included in the page. That information isn't there any more, so I don't think a script would be possible.

I tried submitting feedback through http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Xbox.com/feedback.aspx?formID=43 (http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Xbox.com/feedback.aspx?formID=43). Hopefully they do something.

Mr Snipey
10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm trying my hardest to figure out why this matters...but so far I'm coming up blank.

OnTheRun
10-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately xbox.com has removed the timestamp info from the html all together, so unless they re-add it there will be no fix.

Mightymango
10-21-2010, 11:08 PM
That data was always hidden, the firefox script by snapdragon made it possible to see it though. Messaging Microsoft will not fix the problem as the data was not openly published by them.

Hopefully someone figures out the new feed so that information can be published again.

OnTheRun
10-22-2010, 12:34 AM
That data was always hidden, the firefox script by snapdragon made it possible to see it though. Messaging Microsoft will not fix the problem as the data was not openly published by them.

Hopefully someone figures out the new feed so that information can be published again.

True, but even without Firefox you use to be able to see the timestamps in the html. Now, the timestamp is non-existant in the html so there is nothing for any add-ons to even read. What a shame!

A Moldy Stump
10-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Just tried to go to xbox.com

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

Sorry. We were, uh... a little bit distracted playing Halo: Reach (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Halo-Reach/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d53085b). We will work on fixing this right away.

WTF is that shit don;t goddamn advertise to me when your site doesn't work fucking microsoft

Dz06lt
10-22-2010, 02:02 AM
i agree with the OP the new site is trash

mickspawn
10-22-2010, 05:17 AM
it actually doesnt show dates for offline achievements now and they have ordered the achievements from date most recently unlocked to last which it was previously. they are all still mixed up badly though.

iiDaRReN316x
10-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Yes it looks like you have fucking hacked with this 1753 SHIT.

storm python
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Since the update, achievements earned offline are apparently being tagged with that date.
lol and i thought it was just me. Im old but not that bloody old.

Importz2k9
10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm trying my hardest to figure out why this matters...but so far I'm coming up blank.

Haha, I have to agree with you on this one.

Bobtroid
10-24-2010, 06:54 AM
True, but even without Firefox you use to be able to see the timestamps in the html. Now, the timestamp is non-existant in the html so there is nothing for any add-ons to even read. What a shame!

This new xbox.com seriously ruins alot of the Xbox experience for me. I loved comparing and seeing when I got achievements and at what specific time as well. I HATE that it's gone now. If it ain't broke, DON'T fix it.

v SnOwMaN v
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I like the new look of the site. Looks more clean and simple to use.

CovertDog
10-24-2010, 02:56 PM

People used that info to figure out who had gamesaved/hacked achievements. Although it was become less useful with new programs that the hackers were using to add dates and times.

Bobtroid
10-26-2010, 06:38 AM
People used that info to figure out who had gamesaved/hacked achievements. Although it was become less useful with new programs that the hackers were using to add dates and times.

Still though, I loved being able to see my exact times...
I'm still really pissed about this.

SnapDragon
11-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I'm the original author of that script, and as stated earlier in the thread, there's nothing I can do to fix it for the new page format. The timestamp data is completely gone from the HTML. Boo. :(

CONKER1182
11-20-2010, 01:08 AM
I hate how when your comparing games on the new Xbox.com the achievements don`t come in the order of the achievements date stamps when they were unlocked anymore that`s not cool.

SnapDragon
01-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Good news! With the most recent dashboard update, the Xbox achievement pages once again have full timestamp information! It's once again possible to see the times you unlocked achievements, not just the dates.

I wrote a new version of the script, at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124569

It should work in both Firefox (with Greasemonkey) and Chrome.

dakisbac
01-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Good news! With the most recent dashboard update, the Xbox achievement pages once again have full timestamp information! It's once again possible to see the times you unlocked achievements, not just the dates.

I wrote a new version of the script, at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124569

Thank you for this. Works like a charm.

Minty
01-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Awesome, thanks for the work :D

Corrupt.
01-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice work. It is nice that someone made the effort to find a relevant thread rather than starting a new one :beer:

ChickinOnaChain
01-31-2012, 10:33 PM
I know when I play offline, there's no dates and I think they should be. But if they did away with the dates, no biggie to me.

DTwirler
02-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Oooh, very nice! Thank much. :)

Worhammer
02-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Sweet. Guess it's time to reinstall greasemonkey.

Gun-Nut
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Glad to see this is working again! This script is what made me install Greasemonkey in the first place but since then I use it for various other scripts but mainly for making YouTube work better :)