PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha one of my friends got reset i think????

JB x360a
10-21-2010, 09:14 AM
So i get a text from a friend of mine saying that he has logged on to Xbox and his GS is completely wiped out. When i got home from work i had a look and this is true!

About a year ago he gave his details to one of his friends on his list who said he could finish GTA for him. He blatenley glitched this for him as he had a couple of online achievements offline. So i told my friend he was a dick and it was obvious what the other dude was going to do/had done for him.

I have given him plenty of stick over this and threatened to report him but never have, i hate cheaters and if he had done it himself i would report his arse straight away, i kind of gave him the benefit of the doubt because he always said he never thought that the other guy was going to glitch it for him, and i believe him, he aint the sharpest stick LOL.

Anyways back to the reset, his gamerscore has gone he is 0:gsicon: he said he played F1 2010 after the reset and got a quick achievement that he had before the reset and it popped at the bottom of the screen, but never appeared on his tag. I know you can't regain achievements that you had prior to reset, (this is what makes me think hes been reset).

But, my questions are:
He has not got a message from Xbox saying he has been reset, do you get one?
He is not got any ban, he has been online since, do you usually get banned for a short period?
On Xbox.com where it used to say "this person has been caught cheating" this is not on there now, have they stopped this or is it just the new updates?
Some people have said they have started changing your Zone on your profile to "CHEATER", he has not got this either.
So although everything point to the reset, he seems to have no confirmation.

I did laugh hard when he told me and he deserves it for being a dick and a bit niave to think some one was going to play GTA from start to finish for him in 1 day.

Also just to rub salt into his wounds he has not had gold for about 6 months and has just bought a years subscription 5 days ago, if he has been reset he want to start a new cheat free tag, and will now have to pay another 35.00, its like MS waited until he subscribed!

Good on them i say!

Corrupt.
10-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Seems weird if it was just a couple of achievements on just one game. Has he tried recovering his account?
Seems a bit harsh.

Gareth Dent
10-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Has he tried recovering his account?
Seems a bit harsh.

LOL, recover it and ull get instant gamerscore xD

Sounds about right, some times they dont give reason. I know a guy who flashed his xbox360 so he could get pre-releases and any game he wanted for a cheap 50P (about a dollar each)

Either way, long story short they just banned his xbox and actually had the cheek to contact MS and ask why he got banned lmao.

Cydonia
10-21-2010, 05:17 PM
YOUR FRIEND IS WORSE THAN HITLER! meow

deadie
10-21-2010, 06:21 PM
My friend got reset too lol. 3 years of gaming all lost over a few games modded what a idiot.

My mate didnt get a email, but he said when hes offline his gamerzone is Pro but when he is online it changes to cheater but only he can see it everyone else sees Pro as his gamerzone so ask your mate to check his gamerzone on his own xbox.

Also why would people mod gamerscore its just sad its there to inspire you to do something in the game its jsut sad modding gamerscore.

TsarBlandi
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Im sure because its their service they can do what they like, we agree to their terms and conditions so if we break them they can just go ahread and reset it without need for an email to be sent

though it does seem a bit odd, i always thought you got "put under investigation" first

JB x360a
10-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Seems weird if it was just a couple of achievements on just one game. Has he tried recovering his account?
Seems a bit harsh.
LOL, it's not harsh they are doing the right thing, even if its for one achievement you should get banned.

LOL, recover it and ull get instant gamerscore xD

Sounds about right, some times they dont give reason. I know a guy who flashed his xbox360 so he could get pre-releases and any game he wanted for a cheap 50P (about a dollar each)

No reason given but he is definatley reset, mind you he don't need a reason he knows he cheated
YOUR FRIEND IS WORSE THAN HITLER! meow
Great Comment!!
My friend got reset too lol. 3 years of gaming all lost over a few games modded what a idiot.

My mate didnt get a email, but he said when hes offline his gamerzone is Pro but when he is online it changes to cheater but only he can see it everyone else sees Pro as his gamerzone so ask your mate to check his gamerzone on his own xbox.

Also why would people mod gamerscore its just sad its there to inspire you to do something in the game its jsut sad modding gamerscore.
Becasue they are shit at playing game normally
Im sure because its their service they can do what they like, we agree to their terms and conditions so if we break them they can just go ahread and reset it without need for an email to be sent

though it does seem a bit odd, i always thought you got "put under investigation" first
They can do whatever they like and good on them keep the ban hammer swinging i say

Gareth Dent
10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Microsoft rarely give a reason and they wont give you an "Under investigation stage" for obvious reasons.

Now, as far as i'm concerned your mate knows what he did wrong wether or not he chooses to admit it is his business.
Microsoft have only been wrong about a ban once and it was very slim.