PDA

View Full Version : Please explain the Sightread

komodokid77
10-21-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm utterly confused as to what the HUD is supposed to mean, especially the fretboard. At first I thought it was kinda simple; strings match and the number atop them represents the fret number. However, what do the various colors mean then? What do the notes to the side of the fretboard (like G5, F7, etc.) mean if chords are already simulated on the fretboard? How is simulating chords with the strange shaped notes done? Is every note one that is strummed, or are there some sort of hammer-ons? I'm interested in this game, and have tried watching gameplay videos, but I'm at a loss for understanding them.

As a sidebar, yes I do know some basic guitar skills, so I'm not a Guitar Hero nut complaining about using a real guitar. I'm just curious as to how user-friendly it is before I dedicate any time to the concept.

TwistedFate
10-21-2010, 08:46 PM
The notes on the side are chord notations. They serve two purposes, another way of seeing the chord you are supposed to play, and allow novices to learn the chord by it's proper name so they can take it to a real guitar and play it.

The strange shaped notes are the "shape" of the chord. The tutorials will have more information about how to read the notations on the fretboard. I do believe there is a "tab mode" option where you can turn on fret numbers for all fingers instead of just the first one in a chord.

You may need to spend some time with the game, instead of trying to figure it out through videos. It's easier to pick up if you are actually doing it, and have been through the tutorial sections.

komodokid77
10-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Thanks, you've cleared up a lot. I'll see if I can borrow this from a friend, or try it out at Walmart if they decide to put it out as a trial.