PDA

View Full Version : Easy Chapter 4 Boss Method

pacokorn77
10-22-2010, 03:19 AM
For anyone having issues with the Chapter 4 boss, here's a tip; this was rejected at GameFAQs (why, I'm still trying to figure that out), so it's merely a copy/paste from my contributor page:

During the boss fight in Chapter 4: Hell, stand on one of the raised sections, and as the boss is about slam his fist down, pause the game, go to [Switch Character], and the game will say you cannot. Press 'A' and you'll still be in the pause menu, however, the boss will still be going about his animations in the background, and you are invincible! Stay away from the center, as he uses a head-smash move, and be on the lookout for the raining, flaming bodies from the ceiling.

Have fun.

[UPDATE] For further clarification, you'll have to exit out the pause menu after the attack is over, as he will do nothing. Simply repeat the above process to defeat the boss without breaking a sweat.

Shiny Pidgey
10-22-2010, 03:31 AM
If you're invincible why do you need to stay out of the center? Or look out for the bodies?

pacokorn77
10-22-2010, 03:43 AM
After he completes each attack, all he'll do is sit there with that same sh*t-eating grin on his face. You'll have to back out to the game, pause again and redo the process.

Essentially, after each attack, you'll have to Pause > Switch Character > Press A > Hang out at Pause menu until attack ends > Exit out of Pause Menu > Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

I'll update my OP with this.

D.A.N.
10-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Why do you need an alternate method to beating one of the easier bosses in the game? He does the same pattern every time. Memorize it and stand where you need to stand.

pacokorn77
10-22-2010, 04:03 AM
@ DAN - I hope we're talking about the same boss. Chapter 4: Hell, right? Considering you can't jump over his fist, and that even standing in the recessed area won't protect you from his fist sweep, this seems to help with that.

Glick
10-22-2010, 04:30 AM
@ DAN - I hope we're talking about the same boss. Chapter 4: Hell, right? Considering you can't jump over his fist, and that even standing in the recessed area won't protect you from his fist sweep, this seems to help with that.

Err, you can easily jump over his fist. Make a running jump from the opposite end of the screen to make sure you are at max height before the swing comes. It's quite easy

pacokorn77
10-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Couldn't get the timing right myself.

Then again, an easier method is always better. :)

nemesiscw
10-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Let me see if I can remember it off the top of my head:
Left, Right, Center, Smash, Left, Center, Smash, Smash, Center?

MoldyClay87
10-22-2010, 07:36 AM
When I first fought this, I had the hardest time beating it, because when I tried jumping over his fist, I would get killed.

Then, while showing my girlfriend how hard it was, I magically jumped over his hand perfectly. In disbelief, I discovered that it was just me being retarded and not getting the timing down on jumping.

So, for the record, I actually beat him by falling off the side and jumping against the side when he slid his arm across the screen. So I beat it the hardest way imaginable.

Man, do I feel stupid.

GR4V1G0R3
10-22-2010, 10:15 AM
indeed, you stand at the nearest part of the other raised platform, then run away and jump just before he starts to move

i only found this out by accident as it annoyed me and i went o kamikaze off the edge, and in doing so i cleared his hand

work out the timing, and follow the order that nemesiscw said

D.A.N.
10-22-2010, 02:36 PM
You can easily jump over his fist, it's just timing. He blinks right before he swings.

KingBroly
10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Right Side, Jump
Left Side, Jump
Far on either side
(Boss takes hit)

Inner Right/Left
Outer Right/Left
Right Side, Jump
(Boss takes hit)

Inner Right/Left
Outer Right/Left
Inner Right/Left
Outer Right/Left
(Boss dies)

kookyscientist
10-22-2010, 03:34 PM
He is quite easy if you know the patterns. Do it like a man. If you need help here I see no chances for the next levels.

pacokorn77
10-22-2010, 08:35 PM
indeed, you stand at the nearest part of the other raised platform, then run away and jump just before he starts to move

i only found this out by accident as it annoyed me and i went o kamikaze off the edge, and in doing so i cleared his hand

work out the timing, and follow the order that nemesiscw said

I tried starting my run from the opposite side of the platform, and even while holding X while jumping, I still couldn't clear his fist.

When I first fought this, I had the hardest time beating it, because when I tried jumping over his fist, I would get killed.

Then, while showing my girlfriend how hard it was, I magically jumped over his hand perfectly. In disbelief, I discovered that it was just me being retarded and not getting the timing down on jumping.

So, for the record, I actually beat him by falling off the side and jumping against the side when he slid his arm across the screen. So I beat it the hardest way imaginable.

Man, do I feel stupid.

That's the same thing I tried doing. I would get a nice streak going, and then I'd fall to my death.

He is quite easy if you know the patterns. Do it like a man. If you need help here I see no chances for the next levels.

The patterns weren't a problem, it was making the jump over his fist.

And don't worry, I've already beat the game. Thanks for your concern, though. ;)

twinkie
10-23-2010, 04:42 AM
how long does it take for him to die? it's been going on for 5 minutes already :mad:

EDIT: he just goes into the same pattern for the last 15 minutes. he's not dying

MoldyClay87
10-23-2010, 08:43 AM
That's the same thing I tried doing. I would get a nice streak going, and then I'd fall to my death.

Yeah, I was so mad. I was like THERE'S GOTTA BE AN EASIER WAY!

But I couldn't jump over his fist for some reason, so I just kept at it for like a half hour, maybe more. Lost track of time.

Eventually I beat it with that terrible method. I don't know if I should be proud of myself for beating it that way or feel stupid. lol

twinkie
10-23-2010, 10:27 PM
finally beat it. basically, the game glitches if you do the pause method when he's going for the 3rd and final head stomp. if you do that method on the 3rd one, he'll go into an endless loop of slams and you'll have to restart the boss fight