PDA

View Full Version : Now that's metal.

Hero Of Acre
10-22-2010, 06:09 AM
YouTube - Machine Head Phil Demmel Collapses In Sheffield 12.12.2008

What makes collapsing on stage metal? The fact that he didn't stop playing until after he hit the ground; that's commitment. Also I realise it's an old video, but I just found it.

ApochWeiss
10-24-2010, 10:00 AM
YouTube - Machine Head Phil Demmel Collapses In Sheffield 12.12.2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXIK3zRroZY)

What makes collapsing on stage metal? The fact that he didn't stop playing until after he hit the ground; that's commitment. Also I realise it's an old video, but I just found it.

There's very few metal videos out there that I sit back and smile at. This is one. Not in a bad "I'mma laugh my ass off now kthnxbai" way, but just of pride. Heat is a son of a bitch, and the fact that he was that worked up on stage just shows the energy the band has.

of course, there's the video, the video of Phil throwing a punk causing trouble at a Down show out after making him appologize on his knees, and Watain beating the fuck out of a hardcore dancer that stupidly got up on stage.

Hero Of Acre
10-25-2010, 04:37 AM
It wasn't because of the heat he collapsed, he has a rare heart condition and sometimes his heart won't pump enough blood through his body and he'll pass out. It's happened a number of time throughtout the years, and I think it speaks to Machine Head as a band that they don't kick him out for it, which is awesome. I loved Machine Head before I found that out, but I gained quite a bit more respect for them after finding that out.

ApochWeiss
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
It wasn't because of the heat he collapsed, he has a rare heart condition and sometimes his heart won't pump enough blood through his body and he'll pass out. It's happened a number of time throughtout the years, and I think it speaks to Machine Head as a band that they don't kick him out for it, which is awesome. I loved Machine Head before I found that out, but I gained quite a bit more respect for them after find that out.

See now, I didn't know that. I though it was just from the heat. huh. Good to know.

XxBlueSpade2xX
11-01-2010, 04:01 AM
It wasn't because of the heat he collapsed, he has a rare heart condition and sometimes his heart won't pump enough blood through his body and he'll pass out. It's happened a number of time throughtout the years, and I think it speaks to Machine Head as a band that they don't kick him out for it, which is awesome. I loved Machine Head before I found that out, but I gained quite a bit more respect for them after finding that out.

That's crazy. At first, I thought he was just going all out and fell backwards.

bapae
11-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Lol i thought i was kind of funny the way he fell backwards but yes that is metal.

thereefernander
11-04-2010, 06:31 AM
MACHINE FUCKING HEAD!
This is my Firefox persona/theme (Custom made by me :) Since "Fucking" couldn't be uploaded to their database)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6544/themeex.png (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/themeex.png/)