PDA

View Full Version : Pro guitar query

Aye Pure Minted
10-22-2010, 12:07 PM
i am on the verge of pre-ordering the pro mustang controller. For folk who may have this can you unlock achievements as you would with the normal controller? Not just the pro achievements.

Apologies if this has been asked.

TwistedFate
10-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Pro guitars can only be used in Pro Mode. You can earn the Pro Mode achievements with the Mustang, but nothing that requires you to be in Normal mode.

Aye Pure Minted
10-22-2010, 01:12 PM
So i take it i need the normal guitar for the career etc?? Like 5 starring all songs on normal and so on.

NoThru22
10-22-2010, 01:15 PM
I remember reading that the Mustang would work in five color mode but not the Squier, but I am not 100% on that.

SebastianSB
10-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Pro guitars can only be used in Pro Mode. You can earn the Pro Mode achievements with the Mustang, but nothing that requires you to be in Normal mode.

The mustang works in five-button mode, but not the Squier.

TwistedFate
10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
The mustang works in five-button mode, but not the Squier.

Did not know that, obviously. Probably read about the Squier and assumed it was the same for the Mustang.

Runny
10-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Did not know that, obviously. Probably read about the Squier and assumed it was the same for the Mustang.

Yeah, the mustang can be used in standard mode and pro mode. I'm not sure how it works though..It will be a LOT harder than using a regular guitar controller for standard mode, I'd imagine..but it'd be fun physically strumming :p

SebastianSB
10-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, the mustang can be used in standard mode and pro mode. I'm not sure how it works though..It will be a LOT harder than using a regular guitar controller for standard mode, I'd imagine..but it'd be fun physically strumming :p

It's not hard to imagine how it would work. I mean the guitar has buttons.

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 12:47 AM

Yeah, I'm guessing that you will be able to press any of the 6 buttons that line up with the color and strum any of the 6 strings to count as a strum...I doubt they set it up any other way for standard mode.

Runny
10-25-2010, 03:32 AM
It's not hard to imagine how it would work. I mean the guitar has buttons.

That's not what I said. I said I didn't know specifically how the guitar worked in standard mode. And that I'd imagine it would be harder than using a regular controller due to different size buttons and having to strum with a pick.

But I read in a review that explained that the first 5 frets act as the 5 buttons, and you can press any of the 6 buttons within those frets and strum and string. So that clears it up...so yeah, I'd imagine it'd be harder than using a regular controller.