PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone as excited for the Sims 3 as I am?

Focus
10-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I am so fucking excited for the Sims 3 its ridiculous. I already paid it, Fable 3, Rockband 3, and the Force Unleashed 2 off at the gamestop I work at.

If anyone is as stoked as me, please add me: 'Still Halo God'

I swear I will 1000 that game in one day <3

Daiphyer.
10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Somehow I really doubt that you will 1000 The Sims 3 in a day.
I'm gonna wait and see how's the control scheme. All The Sims games in consoles so far have been garbage.

Vigor
10-22-2010, 01:11 PM
I think Sims 3 will be great but a disaster for a 100% completion.
That game is doomed to have the most DLC ever seen.

Starstrukk X360A
10-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I think Sims 3 will be great but a disaster for a 100% completion.
That game is doomed to have the most DLC ever seen.

Pshhh, music games already took that spot (:

Anywhozle, I can't wait for this game! I never played Sims on a console before so I don't know how it'll work, but I had Sims on my first phone I owned and I was really obsessed with that, so I think I'll love the console versions (:

ellamouse9
10-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Sims 3 is brilliant on the PC, but I doubt I will be getting it on Xbox - for the exact reason that I do have it on the PC. Perhaps in a year or so when the price has dropped considerably I'd do it for a laugh and an easy 1000gs, or I might rent it for a bit.

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 01:18 PM
I stopped playing sims years ago, i had sims 2 and all the add ons, it got to a point where i had no time in the day (game time not actual real time) for my sim to do anything except go to work and come home , sleep for about 5 mins then go to work, she was always pissing her self just cos she had no time for the toilet, she was stinky cos no time for showers etc, i just got bored and stopped playing

Focus
10-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I bet there will be alot of addons, but every 10 days I get 100 MSP from bing so its like a dollar a week allowance lol.
As far as controllable goes, I home its not like the Sims 2 on consoles in that way, that was dumb. The Xbox 360 has so much potential and no ones pushing it to its fullest, so I'm hoping the Sims 3 will be the first to do that, but at the same time, its on the Wii too, so I hope its 2 different versions.
With my statement on 1000G it in one day, in my defense, I've played all the original sims, sims 2, and the sims 3 on PC, I have the games down to a science lol. Maybe not one day, but a lot sooner than most. I can easily say I'm going to log over 100 hours in this game within a few weeks of owning it. (Sorry I'm a sims Junkie but I openly admit it)

Coxy x360a
10-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty syked. Should be getting it :D

Focus
10-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty syked. Should be getting it :D

Add me on Xbox Live <3 my tag is 'Still Halo God' I work 2 jobs about 50-60 hours a week, but I will make time for this LOL

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 02:43 PM
oh is there a huge difference of the pc version of the previous sims to the xbox ?

It was the PC version i played and i did see an nintendo DS version that looked like a totaly different game tbh, it was like you were playing a kids version of GTA but instead of selling drugs and killing people you was making cups of tea and things like that, just a totaly different game perspective all together

DarthSoth
10-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Sims 3 definitely has piqued my interest, but I'm playing the wait and see card. I definitely will be renting the game but I doubt I will be able to get to it before december. Just too many other titles in queue before Sims 3 will get a shot. Going to be a busy November.

TacticalTodger
10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Considering my computer is a heap of shit HELL YEAH!! I can finally play it I didn't mean the sims games on the consoles back in the day.

Capn Doug
10-22-2010, 05:18 PM
I was addicted to the first one on PC, played it constantly, had every expansion, that sort of thing. Will definitely be getting the game fairly early (don't know if I'll pre order, but week one is likely). Just hoping that it will be two or three big expansions for this one as opposed to dozens of little ones.

Inyaface13
10-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah this looks like a pretty quick and easy 1000/1000 I mean I read through the achievement list a few times actually and I mean I was like "What? I did that all the time" a lot while reading it. I am excited for this game though ;)

Focus
10-23-2010, 04:34 AM
I was reading about features like uploading/downloading house's ect, what do you all think of that?
Also, I hope all their DLC has a free version like Fable 2 style, where you can download it just to see the objects ect. when playing with a friend. I'm so Excited about it. I requested the 2 days off after its release at my one job LOL.

MAXout
10-23-2010, 05:37 AM
I LOVE the Sims 3... however I really HATE it on consoles. PC is the only way to play the Sims games or anything similar.

I had tried Sims 2 on console at a friends place and I just hated the controls, it was so annoying and difficult. Fair enough they may change the controls and make them better or what not... but nothing beats the click of a mouse.

So, if you are after an excited Sims fan on PC... I'm your person. On console however, NOT interested!

PurpleSkwid
10-23-2010, 08:36 AM
I used to be a massive Sims junkie on PC.
Had almost all the Sims 1 expansion packs.

Started to lose interest as Sims 3 came out though. I'm borrowing it from a friend now, but I doubt I'm going to buy the 360 version until it drops in price a lot.
Plus, it depends if it has cheats or not... :P

master_shake_350
10-23-2010, 10:13 AM
At first no. But I will probably end up getting it when its 50 AED!

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
10-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm psyched for it, but had to pass it up for WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011. I also have to pick up Rock Band 3, Stars Wars Force Unleashed 2, and Fable 3 all in the same day. So those four have made it to where I must wait a few months for The Sims 3.

CraZ x360a
10-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I have played The Sims since I was 5, and I can't wait for this. I pre-ordered it and all day Tuesday at school, I will be killing myself waiting to get home play this and get some easy achievements. :)

I'm also picking up RB3 and Kinect the next week, so I'm gonna be busy and I CAN'T WAIT!

merzitar
10-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I am also looking forward to it. I recently sold some games so that I could afford it. I am not usually bothered about console versions of The Sims, but this appears to be the full version, with added stuff. Plus, ACHIEVEMENTS! That's what annoyed me about Spore on PC... it had achievements, but no way to link them to your gamertag.

|oneyedNewb|
10-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Only if its just like the PC version, console versions always seriously lack! I remember the sims for the ps2, it was ok but not the same. I'le get it tho!.

SSJ3
10-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah I can't wait I hope it is online co-op.

k1ng Brownie
10-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I have it on the PC and It was only fun for about a week so probably won't be getting that. Another reason I'm not getting it is that I had Sims 2 on the original xbox and the controls where kinda bad and wasn't as easy to make houses/move around.

sak7395
10-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Sims will only be good on pc, console versions suck and its gonna have so much dlc completionists will probably get bored of it, and it does get to a point where you have nothing to do. For people who have never played sims and want to, I recommend the pc but thats me.

Bleeding Star
10-23-2010, 09:54 PM
I am absolutely pumped for it, I am just hoping its an accurate port or the PC version and not the "adventure story" like the old console versions

Day one buy for me

bones213
10-23-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't think I could play The Sims 3 on Xbox after playing it on the PC.....

speedysamt3r
10-24-2010, 09:42 PM
i feel the same way as you so excited for sim 3 :D :D :D :D

Creed Braton
10-24-2010, 09:54 PM
I bet there will be alot of addons, but every 10 days I get 100 MSP from bing so its like a dollar a week allowance lol.
As far as controllable goes, I home its not like the Sims 2 on consoles in that way, that was dumb. The Xbox 360 has so much potential and no ones pushing it to its fullest, so I'm hoping the Sims 3 will be the first to do that, but at the same time, its on the Wii too, so I hope its 2 different versions.
With my statement on 1000G it in one day, in my defense, I've played all the original sims, sims 2, and the sims 3 on PC, I have the games down to a science lol. Maybe not one day, but a lot sooner than most. I can easily say I'm going to log over 100 hours in this game within a few weeks of owning it. (Sorry I'm a sims Junkie but I openly admit it) How come you get 100 points from bing? that sounds like one sweet deal. also, I might get around to getting this. always wanted to play the sims, just never had a good enough computer...

SillyXP
10-25-2010, 02:20 AM
im excited tooo wooooo!!gettin it with fable n star wars but def am playing sims first!

Xenization
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
As previous people have mentioned I'm eagerly awaiting the release, but the control scheme is what concerns me. Generally games that require you to scroll around a lot have a horrible transition to a controller that's not mouse and keyboard related. I'll wait to see some solid game play footage and reviews before I commit to something like this.

DokMMz
10-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Is there actually any official reviews up for The Sims 3 yet?

KFZ Scrubs
10-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Jesus man.... that's a lot of games to have paid off already, but since you work at gamestop i guess it's all good. I'm pretty damn excited for it.... i remember playing the Sim (i forgot which ones) on my ps2 and pc and it was so damn fun.... making mansions, punishing sims for no reason by creating inescapable rooms.. ahhh, the good old days.

RickyMcG
10-25-2010, 03:38 PM
*Social services come to take your child* > Delete bedroom door. Ha. Personally, I enjoyed just building huge mansions more than anything. I'll probably get it during Christmas. I used to play the Sims constantly on the PS2. Just hope the controls aren't too bad.

Gareth Dent
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
I have to agree on the DLC front, the amount of furni/location packs that could possibly come out for it will be ridiculous.

As for the idea that all console sims were a bust-up. While i only played sims 2 on PC i really enjoyed Sims: Busting out and the regular Sims on Ps2/Xbox

As long as i can have my fun killing the sims in various little ways i'm as excited as ever.

Steelhead
10-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I've never played a Sims game, so I'm certainly looking forward to trying it out. I hope the addiction levels aren't really as high as I've heard. My wife already gets a tad frustrated with the amount of time I spend gaming...any added time may result in me never getting laid again :eek:

Mayerzee
10-25-2010, 05:03 PM
It is on my xmas list. its not good that it comes out the 29th. Its my wifes birthday that day and its bad enough im running out to get WWE Smackdown. Haha. However she does like the Sims but i gotta get smackdown first.

wildlatics09
10-25-2010, 05:59 PM
40 for sims is a lotta money... - nope gettin black ops and maybe fable 3 if its any good

Jackal115
10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm really excited for it but I almost never buy any game new. I like to buy the games for $10-$30 used at Gamestop. How fast do you guys think the price will drop? I mean surely not as fast as sports games because the following year their prices drop by a ton!

Focus
10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Yea my entire gamestop paycheck tends to go back into the store, my other job is my savings job lol

Ice Car
10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Not really... I never really fancied these kinds of games. I tried a few Sims games on the computer way back because my mom likes to play it... didn't last too long. :|

SSJ3
10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
40 for sims is a lotta money... - nope gettin black ops and maybe fable 3 if its any good

Doubt it, It's well worth the money it will last longer then Fable and Black Ops.

CONKER1182
10-26-2010, 02:03 AM
I`m not into the Sims anymore. The best Sims game I ever played in my opinion was the Sims 2 and The Sims online.

regulardrake
10-26-2010, 02:10 AM
I am so fucking excited for the Sims 3 its ridiculous. I already paid it, Fable 3, Rockband 3, and the Force Unleashed 2 off at the gamestop I work at.

If anyone is as stoked as me, please add me: 'Still Halo God'

I swear I will 1000 that game in one day <3

Oh I am pretty excited for this game also. I didn't realize they where having sim 3 come to console until about a week ago. I hope it is as good as the sim 2 for PC, and not a let down on whatever sim game that was on the PS2 a while back but either way I am still getting this game. Now unfortunately I am not sure if I will be able to get this game right away and I might have to wait until Christmas. Fiancee keeps telling me I am going to get coal for Christmas if I keep buying the new game coming out. lol

FFFreak1129
10-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm looking forward to it. The only game I've played in this series is the original on the PC. One of the few games that I've played on there and I was hooked on it for a while. I hope its good on consoles and is easy to control.

Ryot Control
10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
The guys on the The Sims 3 forum are saying that there is no online co-op at all.

Instant deal breaker for me. I am disappointed.

Steelhead
10-26-2010, 04:35 PM
The guys on the The Sims 3 forum are saying that there is no online co-op at all.
While I love coop, I'm still going to get it. It's nice to have a game where you can sit down and play while leaving the headset aside for a change.

Bleeding Star
10-26-2010, 08:57 PM

Instant deal breaker for me. I am disappointed.

I honeestly don't see how, online co-op only gives other people the chance to come in a fuck your family up

I'll be more than happy to just work away on the game in SP

littlemissymoo
10-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Sadly I am really hyper for it. Been a Sims fan since the first lot so looking towards an relaxing different game for me to play :)