PDA

View Full Version : LIVE deal .....

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 04:30 PM
ok im on the 3 months for 7.99 just now, i also have another deal on my dashboard saying after them 3 months 39.99 for a year.

I have 2 questions really, 1. How long does that offer apply to me ? Will it be there in 3 months time when im away to get cut off ? 2. I have heard rumours that they offer that deal of 39.99 now and say you dont need to pay now because in 3 months time the deal will go invalid and you need to pay the full price because you accepted it at the time.

Im kind of presuming that question no.2 is bull shit because they would get done for false advertising or has anyone actually had this happen to them ? I did say it was rumours .....

nappster187
10-22-2010, 04:48 PM
it adds on to whatever you have left on your membership...if you have 11 months left, it adds 1 year to that....

and no, its a limited time, so if you wait it may not be there..especially since the price is going up to 59.99 US dollars (currently 49.99us) sometime in November...

So i would buy it now if you could.

TacticalTodger
10-22-2010, 04:50 PM
It's normally 39.99 for a year I thought anyway. But If I see a 1 year offer for 27.99 I always just click it, it doesn't charge till the end of your scription one anyway as far as I'm aware. (Mine runs out in July 2011) Kind of too far to test that theory but i've never been charged.

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 04:54 PM
i understand how they add the months on i wasnt asking about that lol

where did you see an offer for 27.99 ?

that sounds bloody good :)

TacticalTodger
10-22-2010, 04:56 PM
It was around when Halo:Reach was launched you also got a free halo avatar helmet, although I haven't recieved mine :L. But if you look online like on playtrade & amazon you can find good deals, I used to just pay 30 for a e-mailed code just make sure the seller is well known for it.

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 05:03 PM
My bad its actually 31.99 :) .. i was looking on e-bay also, they all seem to be roughly 30 give or take a pound or two so i might as well just get the offer on my dashboard then if its going to vanish as the 2nd poster said .

with some stupid avatar item i probably will never use lol

i see on that screen that the avatar item will be e-mailed to you 4-6 weeks after the offer has closed, so you could be waiting a while mate for yours lol

For some reason im getting an error when i try to sign up for the deal, they cant retrieve the info from xbox.com ... must be with all this probs they are having.

I will try later or in a couple of days time and if its gone i will e-mail saying i tried to accept that offer but cos your a bunch of dumb asses that didnt use a staging site to test all your coding the offer didnt work so i want it back lol :D

gamerguy69
10-22-2010, 06:37 PM
It's a "limited time" offer that appears on your dashboard. It most likely will NOT be there in 3 months. Take it now and you aren't charged until your current (3-months?) subscription expires.

There will be other offers later on. It's just up to you which one you accept if any.

Taking the offer sets up your account for auto-renewal at the regular rate. The regular rate kicks in after your discounted 39.99 year. Of course, by then (during the 12 months) there may come another offer that will AGAIN discount the regular renewal rate.