PDA

View Full Version : Anyone to get saved files off of broken hard drive?

ExcrementHammer
10-22-2010, 08:53 PM
My Xbox fell out of the box I was carrying it in the other day and the hard drive doesn't work anymore. When I turn on my 360 with the hard drive attached I get an error message but when I take the hard drive off the console works fine. I bought a data transfer cable and a new hard drive but my computer says that it can't find any hard drive devices when they're plugged in. Is there any way I can get all my saved files from my old hard drive to my new one? I know I can recover my gamertag onto my new hard drive, but that just gives me all my achievement points and downloaded games, no saves or anything like that.

Thanks.

EDIT: Title should be "Any way to get saved files off of broken hard drive?" Not "anyone"

mitchcraft1980
10-22-2010, 09:04 PM
i didnt read the whole page but it might be a start

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937279

as i said i didnt read the full page im too lazy for that lol but hope it helps

mrbonelly
10-23-2010, 12:40 PM
If you are technical enough, you can unassemble the HDD and test if it still functional(meaning can power up/etc). If it's good then search the net for a cheap 20gb HDD which you can just transfer the old drive to and install it into the new shell kit. Or search the net for a new hard drive shell kit ... .

If you're not technical enough, you should take it to a local pc repair store and have them see if the HDD still functional for you to proceed with the above case swap sugguestions. If so, buy the kits or used HDD and take it to them to install. It's not that hard to install anyhow, there are lots of tutorials on it.

My Xbox fell out of the box I was carrying it in the other day and the hard drive doesn't work anymore. When I turn on my 360 with the hard drive attached I get an error message but when I take the hard drive off the console works fine. I bought a data transfer cable and a new hard drive but my computer says that it can't find any hard drive devices when they're plugged in. Is there any way I can get all my saved files from my old hard drive to my new one? I know I can recover my gamertag onto my new hard drive, but that just gives me all my achievement points and downloaded games, no saves or anything like that.

Thanks.

EDIT: Title should be "Any way to get saved files off of broken hard drive?" Not "anyone"

ExcrementHammer
10-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

flat black vw
09-24-2011, 04:07 PM
hey im wondering if anyone found a solution to this, the same thing happened to me, xbox fell, now i have e86 due to my hdd and i can not recover any of my save files. I tried a data transfer cable but the xbox doesnt recognize that a harddrive is attached.

TIA