PDA

View Full Version : Wow, this game must really suck

ApochWeiss
10-23-2010, 09:06 AM
So, it's been out now for 4 days. A total of 15 posts made here including OPs. Seriously...is this game THAT friggin' bad? I mean, is there not one redeeming feature to this game?

Starstrukk X360A
10-23-2010, 09:24 AM
I hear it makes a good paperweight.

I honestly didn't even know it came out already.

Juiceh
10-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Never even heard of this game. But looking at the screenshots isn't really tempting me to even consider buying this game.

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 02:14 AM
I work for a store that rhymes with Lame Slop so I get to try it out for free. Here goes nothing...

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Ok, I did the parts of a the tutorial I could do with a GH guitar.. turns out you need the 6 string to complete it all and get the stupid 10 parts. So far I can't believe how bad this game really is!! Worse that Rock Revolution, there are good and perfect hits, stupid mojo orbs you save up to unleash mojo power.... They must have said mojo 20 times in tutorial! Too bad it was not made by Dr. Evil cause then it would be at least funny!

Ok I'm gonna go play a song now.

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 02:36 AM
OMG, the story is so BORING!!! ZZZZ! Plus I heard Mojo another 20 times. If I paid for this POS I would kill someone!

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Can't wait for RB3 on Tuesday!

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 02:57 AM
100 points on the first 3 song set and I was on something like easy mode in GH. The worst is you can't raise the neck to activate mojo power, you have to hit the start button!!! How does a game like this get made??

Coadster1
10-24-2010, 03:01 AM
100 points on the first 3 song set and I was on something like easy mode in GH. The worst is you can't raise the neck to activate mojo power, you have to hit the start button!!! How does a game like this get made??

...Shit happens

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Yeah it does. You would think a different company would bring new songs to the table, but many are from RB or GH. At least they are originals, unlike Rock Revolution. For whatever reason there is a version of Crossroads performed by John Mayer.... are you kidding? That is more insulting than the rest of the game. I'll probably go after a few more achievements, but I don't have the timing for all perfects and that 100 point achievement.

ssmaster69er
10-24-2010, 06:21 AM
omg so far only 19 people have this based on mygamercard.net this game looked ok up until rock band 3 stole its thunder with the real guitar thing a few months after this was announced. I bet the developers of this game feel like wicked crap.

Ice Car
10-24-2010, 06:47 AM
*post*
*double post*
*triple post*
*quadruple post*
Holy shit man. Have you heard of a little thing called the edit button? It's located at the bottom right of your post, FYI.

OT: I never knew about this game ever, let alone it was out. :drunk

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Holy shit man. Have you heard of a little thing called the edit button? It's located at the bottom right of your post, FYI.

OT: I never knew about this game ever, let alone it was out. :drunk

Well your one post to complain that I didn't edit and that you had never heard of the game was so meaningful! As you can tell by my post count, I don't post often even though I have been here for years... probably cause of stupid replies like this.

lostmotiv
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
alot of the reason there is no real info/discussion on this game is because alot of places don't even have it in stock yet. While it was supposed to come out last week a large portion of retail stores haven't even received the game yet. It supposedly only started reaching stores this weekend and then even alot of places don't have it yet or have any idea when they gonna show up.

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
It was originally street dated for 10/26, but then they said sell it as soon as it shows up. Not sure why they would even consider going head to head with RB3 except they both can use a string guitar.

MuscularTea
10-25-2010, 01:36 AM
I just wanted to see how much it would be when it came out along with Rock of the dead, but neither have hit store shelves yet where I live. Just pure Fallout New Vegas.
I probably wouldn't get it anyways other then possibly picking up a cheap electric guitar.

Starstrukk X360A
10-25-2010, 01:43 AM
I'll buy it. I'm a sucker for music games, as horrible as they are.

When it becomes like, 3 bucks.
I plan to buy Rock Revolution too =D It's like, $5 new at Gamestop.

FunkSoulStrange
10-25-2010, 03:41 AM
I just wanted to see how much it would be when it came out along with Rock of the dead, but neither have hit store shelves yet where I live. Just pure Fallout New Vegas.
I probably wouldn't get it anyways other then possibly picking up a cheap electric guitar.

For some reason its selling for $60. Rock of the Dead is only $40, and yeah I gotta try that out.

Ice Car
10-25-2010, 03:57 AM
Well your one post to complain that I didn't edit and that you had never heard of the game was so meaningful! As you can tell by my post count, I don't post often even though I have been here for years... probably cause of stupid replies like this.
I wasn't complaining. I thought it was obvious that there is an edit button for a reason, and should especially be used since your posts are one right after the other.

And allow me to restate some of your posts.

Can't wait for RB3 on Tuesday!

OMG, the story is so BORING!!! ZZZZ! Plus I heard Mojo another 20 times. If I paid for this POS I would kill someone!

For one, you call me out for making a post that isn't meaningful, while you make a quad post that isn't meaningful? Hypocrite. Secondly, do these really require a new post? They could easily be edited in as part of the post. I was merely mentioning that there is an edit button for a reason, and said where it was, whether it be sarcastic or not.

I guess trying to help someone by letting them know of a forum feature is STUPID right? :uzi:

Edit: OH LOOK I USED THE EDIT BUTTON. And that is how you do that. Getting to the point of this edit, you obviously don't know what a stupid reply is. If you want, I could make a MUCH MUCH more stupid reply for you. Complete with tons of grammar/spelling errors, insults, etc. That is all.

FunkSoulStrange
10-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Why do I have a feeling that nobody likes you? Do you think you are cool or something? I know what the stupid EDIT button is for, I was posting while playing the game and just hit a few in a row, BFD!! I did, however, post some things that would be useful on another post for people trying to decide if they wanted to go after achievements on this game. You are still a dildo with nothing useful about this game.

Ice Car
10-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Do you think you are cool or something?
Not really. Quite the opposite.

I know what the stupid EDIT button is for, I was posting while playing the game and just hit a few in a row, BFD!!

Why not pause the game or wait until you're done with it? It clearly says in the forum rules to use the edit button if you see a mistake or want to add something, and not to double post if it isn't needed.

I did, however, post some things that would be useful on another post for people trying to decide if they wanted to go after achievements on this game.

I was not saying all of your posts were entirely useless. If I did I would have quoted all of them.

Anyways, I'm done arguing. Continuing this argument is pointless already. :uzi:

lostmotiv
10-25-2010, 10:57 PM
now now children, play nice. lets try and get this back on topic of why power gig potentially sucks or at least is just barely becoming available now a week after it was supposed to release. I should say i was actually really hoping this game would turn out to be decent, but i really don't have much faith in it anymore. There's bound to be something positive in it that will eventually start some discussion on this board.

oceanstar87
10-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Actually I just got this game today as it had just came in at my local eb games (Gamestop). I am loving it. It is actually quite a nice change from the same old RB and GH. I love those games, but honestly, I was getting bored at some points because they are sooo repetitive. This game actually changes it up a bit and I love it. So far it is a great game. And honestly, why does everyone seem to think that NEW companies who make these games must live up to RB or GH? Do you honestly think they are going to do it with their first game.....no. But I give them thumbs up for doing a good job. It's not easy to compete with a big company such as Activision or Neversoft as they have been making games for years therefore duh making them better than any new company just starting out with their first game. Sure we are all HUGE fans of RB and GH and expect a whole lot more, but cut them some slack knowing this is their first game. It's not easy to compete against a large company trust me :) I'm going to love playing this game :)

Daniel55645
11-01-2010, 11:50 PM
no. this game is horrible. its worse than rock revolution was it that game was horrible.

Kenwood
11-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I just got this game from GameFly....as it was delayed 3 TIMES. All I want to do is play the Dave Matthews Songs....but the are not unlocked yet. The game is REALLY tiring my patience. There's a couple things I can'T figure out...I guess if you don't "five star/pyramid" I don't think you can move on. My brain is really trying to translate their highway.

joecamnet
11-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Won this game in a contest and I'm actually somewhat enjoying it.
It's not a great game by any means at all, but it's still halfway decent and at the very least it's a HUGE step above Rock Revolution.
Didn't really dig using the guitar that came with it, so I'm back to my normal plastic instrument, but maybe I'll try the guitar again later on.
I'd give those stupid air drums a shot, but I don't have stock in Energizer to afford all the batteries needed to drum. 6 batteries needed for the drum setup. Two in the base and two in each drumstick. No thanks.
Story mode is quite dumb, and there's a lot of forced song repetition, but overall it's still fairly decent once you get used to the note chart differences.
It's not ever going to replace Rock Band 3 for me, but I can see myself playing this about as much as Warriors of Rock at least.

blaznee007
01-13-2011, 06:44 PM
i only see one person posting on here they dont like game
over and over again
too bad u cant handle it
i did get the funky guitar its nice .. if u know a little about guitars
obtw the whammy bar triggers the mojo
and i dont recommend reading the story but the music blows warriors out of the water

KSizzle
01-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I got this game over the weekend as a gift. It came with the 6 string guitar. I am not one to complain, especially when it is free but this game is shit! The note charts are fuckin orbs and the mojo thing is just ridiculous. The setlist looks shitty as well, although I like Clapton.

I just played with the RB guitar so far, I might try the six string later. All the reviews I've read have said the real guitar is horrible as well. You can play it though, I hooked it up to my amp and it sounds like shit. It comes with 3 picks and some extra strings. I did however, play like 3 songs with the RB guitar and got like 5 achievements, only plus so far.

This is not an ideal gift for anyone imo. I'd rather get another fuckin Cosby sweater that is 2 sizes big from Grandma than this shit game.

blaznee007
01-20-2011, 06:57 PM
tuners ftw

lordthrash
02-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I've played worse. It's not that bad. I can't play with the six string included to save my life but i did do it good enough to get the 100g achievement.

lignimvite
03-14-2011, 01:45 AM
I even think that this game dropped price faster than Rock Revolution, and that's quite terrible...