PDA

View Full Version : Who else got Gunless Wonder without dying?

CIF
10-23-2010, 05:48 PM
I just find it funny that the guide says "dying is pretty much inevitable". Run, stun the Taken with the flashlight, use a Flare if you're surrounded, and flashbang enemies if you have to fight them (i.e. the elevator part).

I kinda wish Remedy had combined Idyllic Small Town and Gunless Wonder in the latter chapter, or at least required them to be done on Hard. I had 8 flashbangs at the helicopter defense on Normal - not that hard haha.

Ravenhood
01-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I did too, actually. I expected it to be a lot harder, but so long as you're smart about what you use and when, it's all pretty much a cake-walk.

FSparacino4
01-21-2011, 07:06 AM
I agree. I didn't find any achievements for this game particularly difficult. Heck, I think I only died maybe 4 or 5 times in my entire Nightmare playthrough. I had more problems with not dying on normal during both DLCs. Boy does this game have bad platforming! Scaling the tornado was my downfall.

ThaElectroGypsy
01-28-2011, 09:16 PM
ya the normal game was easy... but the dlc -_-. that stuff is a lot harder i found. but not impossible. gunless wonder was just simple. stay in the vehicle as long as possible then use flares/flashes if they get within 15 feet or so. just simple run at the light and avoid enemies XD

juniormint52884
01-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I got the achievement easily without dying. The only achievement I failed at the first time through was child of the elder gods. I got smacked by the last guy who happened to be a brute and he took me from full health to almost dead in one swing.

tash3r
01-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Ya I thought it was pretty easy also. I did do it on normal difficulty though.

xXSerialXx
01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
i thought it will be hard but i never died and only needed around 5 flares until the "final" part where the "stuff" blocks the road.

hollow212
02-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Beat the game on hard and had no problem. On the other hand i found the dlc to be challenging on the normal difficulty the first time through.

Wortsenawl
02-16-2011, 05:57 PM
I did die, twice... but honestly, both time could have been prevented... for example, rather than setting a flare I thought "hrm, I wonder if I can duck under that chainsaaaarrrrggghhh."

rabies
02-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I did it on nightmare..and I died..2 or 3 times...at least twice at the spot in the ghost town where you first use a spotlight on guys..then the 2 chainsaw guys come at you from your right/behind. On nightmare, they kill you in one shot..and it takes a long time to wear them down...so yea...

The other tough spot was the one where you start the generator and wait for the platform to lower.

Shade42
02-20-2011, 05:31 AM
Yeah, Gunless Wonder was a one time through for me as well. However I found Idyllic Small Town took me a few tries to get through the church step stand-off

GamBeaT
03-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Didn't try that without dying, cuz I was going through my Nightmare playthrough and did it there, so took a couple of tries :)

Bones007
03-14-2011, 06:38 PM
The achievements were pretty easy.

XFaLLeN FoEX
03-20-2011, 12:44 AM
same here for me i went through again after for it