PDA

View Full Version : DLC Achievement Song Lists

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Some of the achievements are vague, or at least aren't as descriptive as they could be...so I figured I'd put together a list of the songs needed for some of the achievements, given that the information is currently available without needing to actually play the game.

What I am unsure of is if imports will count towards the achievements, I will update this list once the game is released and it is confirmed...

Live Free or Die (Beat All of the Free DLC Songs):
Miranda Cosgrove - Headphones On
Vesuvius - Promised Land
Stephen and the Colberts - Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)
GlaDOS - Still Alive

Shameless Self-Promotion (Play 3 DLC Songs from Harmonix Bands):
Freezepop - Sprode
Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk
Freezepop - Get Ready 2 Rokk
Freezepop - Science Genius Girl
Bang Camaro - Rock Rebellion
Count Zero - Shake
Megasus - Megasus
Shaimus - Like a Fool*
Shaimus - All of This
Shaimus - Tie You Down
Honest Bob and the Factory-To-Dealer Incentives - Entangled

* = May not count towards the achievement as it was part of the 20 Song Pack (and therefore a RB2 Import)

There are also many songs by Bang Camaro, The Main Drag, and Speck on the RBN, although I'm not sure how the game is going to track compliance with the achievement, however the moment I find out if they count towards the achievement I will add them to the list.

If imports count, you have a ton more to select for as nearly all bonus songs in RB1 are by Harmonix bands, and there are quite a few in RB2 as well. Although either the Freezepop or Harmonix packs would be a cheap (240 MSP) way to grab this acheivement.

Mercurial Vocalist / I Want It All (5 Star Vocals / Play a DLC Queen Song):
Another One Bites The Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
One Vision
Fat Bottomed Girls
I Want It All
I Want To Break Free
Killer Queen
Somebody to Love
Tie Your Mother Down
Under Pressure

Depending on how the LEGO RB Import is handled, We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions may also count.

Just Another Band Out of Boston (5 Star a DLC Boston Song):
Peace of Mind
More than a Feeling
Smokin'
Rock and Roll Band
Something About You
Hitch a Ride

If Imports count you also have Foreplay / Longtime

Face Melter (Beat 3 DLC '80s Metal Songs):
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Blackened
Metallica - And Justice for All
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast (cover)
Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast (Original Version)
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills (Original Version)
Iron Maiden - Can I Play with Madness
Iron Maiden - The Clairvoyant
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Judas Priest - The Hellion / Electric Eye
Judas Priest - Riding on the Wind
Judas Priest - Bloodstone
Judas Priest - (Take These) Chains
Judas Priest - Pain and Pleasure
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming
Judas Priest - Fever
Judas Preist - Devil's Child
Megadeth - Wake Up Dead
Megadeth - The Conjuring
Megadeth - Devil's Island
Megadeth - Good Mourning / Black Friday
Megadeth - Bad Omen
Megadeth - I Ain't Superstitious
Megadeth - My Last Words
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Motley Crue - Slice of Your Pie
Motley Crue - Rattlesnake Shake
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Motley Crue - Without You
Motley Crue - Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S)
Motley Crue - Sticky Sweet
Motley Crue - She Goes Down
Motley Crue - Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
Motley Crue - Time for Change
Slayer - Black Magic
Dio - Holy Diver
Dio - Stand Up And Shout
Anthrax - Among The Living
Anthrax - I'm the Man
Anthrax - Indians
Anthrax - Madhouse (Live)
Anthrax - Metal Thrashing Mad (Live)

Again with Imports this list would be expanded a bit, with additional songs from these bands most likely going towards the achievement.

Dave Grohl Band (Beat 5 Songs from DLC Songs that include Dave Grohl):
Foo Fighters - Doll
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Foo Fighters - Hey, Johnny Park
Foo Fighters - My Poor Brain
Foo Fighters - Wind Up
Foo Fighters - Up in Arms
Foo Fighters - My Hero
Foo Fighters - See You
Foo Fighters - Enough Space
Foo Fighters - February Stars
Foo Fighters - Walking After You
Foo Fighters - New Way Home
Foo Fighters - This is a Call
Foo Fighters - Times Like These
Foo Fighters - DOA
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Foo Fighters - I'll Stick Around
Foo Fighters - Lonely As You
Foo Fighters - Best of You
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Foo Fighters - Wheels
Foo Fighters - Word Forward
Nirvana - Breed
Nirvana - Lounge Act
Nirvana - On a Plain
Nirvana - Polly
Nirvana - Something in the Way
Nirvana - Stay Away
Nirvana - Territorial Pissings
Nirvana - About a Girl
Nirvana - Blew
Nrivana - School
Nirvana - Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)
Nirvana - Lithium (Live at Reading)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang

Grohl has also done work with Queens of the Stone Age and Tenacious D, however I'm not sure if the songs by those bands will count towards the achievement, again I will update when I finally get my hands on RB3.

Hope this helps you guys preparing for RB3 looking to knock out those DLC based achievements. And of course if you want all the DLC achievements be sure to pick up Nine Inch Nails' "The Perfect Drug" as you need to maintain a 200 note streak in that song for another Achievement.

Starstrukk X360A
10-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Amazing job at this!
For the import question bit, I figure the imports that are marked as DLC will also count towards it (Like the LEGO Rock Band import, which is considered DLC in RB2.)

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Amazing job at this!
For the import question bit, I figure the imports that are marked as DLC will also count towards it (Like the LEGO Rock Band import, which is considered DLC in RB2.)

Thanks, glad you enjoy it.
But yah, I think the LEGO imports would work like that, but someone with RB3 would have to confirm that the LEGO Import still comes up as DLC in RB3, and I will go ahead and update where need be :-)

Starstrukk X360A
10-24-2010, 01:08 AM
http://rockbandaide.com/9270/send-me-your-rock-band-3-questions/

Try asking here (:

MysterE
10-24-2010, 06:07 AM
There are other "FREE" tracks that are not on your list as well...

The Doors RB3 FREE Launch Pack - Free

“Light My Fire” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
“Riders on the Storm” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
“Touch Me” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)

As well as the three you can get from reserving the game from GameStop...

Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
Deftones - My Own Summer
New Order - Blue Monday

Of course, I'm not sure if they all count either.

Deaj3472
10-24-2010, 07:03 AM
The Doors 3-pack is only free for the first week, so those might not count. And the Gamestop pre-order songs will be available to everyone in the future, probably for 160 points.

The Rock Band Network Megamix may or may not count either, due to it being 360 exclusive (PS3 gets the same trophies, so why make the conditions different?) and currently pulled from the Music Store for the broken Vocals.

Didi Mau
10-24-2010, 09:52 AM
There's also two more free tracks: "Dreaming Of Love" by Lights Resolve, and "Am I Crazy" by Little Fish. I'm not sure if they're 360 exclusive or not, though.

If the Rock Band Network songs count, there's quite a lot more Harmonix band songs available as well. As far as Regular DLC goes, off the top of my head both Honest Bob And The Factory-to-Dealer Incentives and Count Zero have some tracks in the marketplace. Crooked X has several normal DLC as well, I think they count as Harmonix.

RealistIdealist
10-24-2010, 10:10 AM
What I'm thinking with this achievement is all songs that are free all the time in RB, I doubt 20 pack will be included or the Doors/Gamestop DLC considering they won't be free forever.

Starstrukk X360A
10-24-2010, 10:39 AM
What I'm thinking with this achievement is all songs that are free all the time in RB, I doubt 20 pack will be included or the Doors/Gamestop DLC considering they won't be free forever.

I really doubt the 20 pack will ever be released for download (I also doubt it would count towards the achievement as not everyone purchased a new copy of Rock Band 2.)

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 12:02 PM
I must of overlooked Honest Bob, I knew they were a Harmonix band. There's only one Count Zero song in normal DLC, and I'm not sure Crooked X is considered a Harmonix band as there is no mention of them on the Harmonix Wiki page.

I guess the site I looked up for free songs was a bit out of date, I have since added the two other free songs...and yeah, I don't think the Doors or Pre-Order songs count, as the Doors are only temporarily free and the Pre-Order songs require a code to make them free.

Thanks for all the feed back guys, I'll continue to update this as more info is out there over what counts and what doesn't, but the songs I listed will without a doubt unlock the achievements for you.

Starstrukk X360A
10-24-2010, 12:04 PM
If it was a bonus song in a Harmonix game, more then likely it was made by one of their bands.
Except the South Park one on RB1, obviously.

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 12:19 PM
If it was a bonus song in a Harmonix game, more then likely it was made by one of their bands.
Except the South Park one on RB1, obviously.

Right, but the problem is the game may not count Imports as Downloadable songs, which would rule out all of those bonus songs :-P

Starstrukk X360A
10-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Right, but the problem is the game may not count Imports as Downloadable songs, which would rule out all of those bonus songs :-P

We'll just have to see, then! I'm still leaning on the idea that Lego Rock Band imports and Track Pack imports will be considered DLC regardless (:

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Track Packs are indeed DLC, as they are just compilations of already released songs. The game doesn't differentiate between buying "On The Road Again" from the Rock Band Store or Xbox Live Marketplace or Importing it off the Country Track Pack disk.

As for LEGO Rock Band, I don't have the game yet, so I am not positive if it will be listed under DLC or have a heading for LEGO Rock Band, again...this list is a work in progress and will continue to be updated as more songs are released and more info is known on what counts and what doesn't :-)

To be honest I was bored and figured doing some data mining on Wiki would be a fun way to kill time haha.

Starstrukk X360A
10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Well I have LEGO Rock Band imported into RB2 so yeahhh (:

For the import thing, it kinda does tell the difference. Not directly but like if you went to the song in the XBLA Marketplace or the in game store, it considers it not purchased even though you have the song.

Shelton
10-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Didn't a guy with the game (on this forum) confirm that the free song achievement only requires four of the six you listed? I'll search for his post...
The RBN Harmonix songs count towards the self-promotion achievement. I played one of the Main Drag songs (Dinosaur) and it shows up on the checklist now. The checklist doesn't show which songs count until you play them, however. Also, there are only four free songs listed for the free song achievement, but I don't remember which (I thought there were five so far.)

RealistIdealist
10-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Well I guess it doesn't hurt to download and play all of the free ones regardless. Every one of them that's free I download anyway (Except headphones on, my friends downloaded that even though I didn't want to).`

Personally of the free songs I think the only good ones are "Still Alive", "Charlene", and "Dreaming of Love".

SebastianSB
10-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd recommend just not bothering with this list. Why speculate on what songs will unlock achievements before the game comes out?

Apparently you can select an achievement in the game's achievement menu and it will take you to a list of all the songs that can unlock your achievement. Problem solved, so just wait for the Tuesday release.

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd recommend just not bothering with this list. Why speculate on what songs will unlock achievements before the game comes out?

Apparently you can select an achievement in the game's achievement menu and it will take you to a list of all the songs that can unlock your achievement. Problem solved, so just wait for the Tuesday release.

I was unaware there would be something like that in RB3...*shrug* well like I said, I was bored when I made the list so it's no biggie lol...

NoThru22
10-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Little Fish - Am I Crazy
Lights Resolve - Dreaming of Love

Are not required for the free song achievement.

Most of the NIN songs except for Perfect Drug count for the Grohl achievement. Most of the QotSA songs count as well.

None of the Lego songs count for DLC achievements.

You can go to career and then goals and choose any of the goals, some of which double as achievements, and it will either make a setlist for you or take you to quickplay where it only lists the songs that are eligible to complete the achievement. (For example, yesterday I chose the five star all Rock Band 3 songs achievement/goal and it made an instant setlist of the 35 songs that I had not done that for yet. Good luck with Caught in a Mosh.)

There are tons of cutesy goals like "Talk Nerdy to Me" where you are required to play Jonathan Coulton songs and another that makes you play Parry Grip songs.

A lot of "Harmonix" artists were missing from the Harmonix achievement list, but the Main Drag, Freezepop, and Bang Camaro songs were all listed.

daenius
10-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Dave Grohl Band (Beat 5 Songs from DLC Songs that include Dave Grohl):

Grohl has also done work with Queens of the Stone Age and Tenacious D, however I'm not sure if the songs by those bands will count towards the achievement, again I will update when I finally get my hands on RB3.

I think both of them count towards this Achievement as well, since Grohl was a full-time member in QOTSA during the "Songs for the Deaf" Tour (he even blew off a new Foos album for this), as well as being a permanent member in Tenacious D (just not included on tours).

Also, if any bands that Grohl recorded for count towards the Achievement, Nine Inch Nails and Garbage also come to mind, although he only recorded one song for Garbage ("Bad Boyfriend")...

oldgam3r
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I got the Downloader achievement after playing Hysteria by Muse, which was exported from Rock Band.

SebastianSB
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I got the Downloader achievement after playing Hysteria by Muse, which was exported from Rock Band.

That's a bit of a grey area since other regions had to buy that song as DLC.

oldgam3r
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Just had a quick go and played Maps, exported from RB, and this did not count towards the achievements.

Also, while checking I noticed that none of the QOTSA songs we played last night counted towards Dave Grohl Band.

Son of Kyuss
10-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Just had a quick go and played Maps, exported from RB, and this did not count towards the achievements.

Also, while checking I noticed that none of the QOTSA songs we played last night counted towards Dave Grohl Band.

None of the songs in the QotSA Track Pack had Dave Grohl on it since they were from Lullabies to Paralyze and Era Vulgaris. Now if the RB1 export songs counted, Go With the Flow would've been a song to use for the achievement.

bubbadmc
10-26-2010, 04:55 AM
With the Live Free or Die achievement....

The free songs by Vesuvius and Stephen and the Colberts have never been available to download in Australia (and probably other regions). Does this mean that this achievement is non achievable in the regions that cannot get these songs?

I would check myself when I get the game, but I already have these songs through other means. Was just wondering for others really.

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 05:24 AM
With the Live Free or Die achievement....

The free songs by Vesuvius and Stephen and the Colberts have never been available to download in Australia (and probably other regions). Does this mean that this achievement is non achievable in the regions that cannot get these songs?

I would check myself when I get the game, but I already have these songs through other means. Was just wondering for others really.

Wait until people from the region get a chance to play it. I'd expect the achievement simply has different requirements.

zeroway21
10-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I got the david grohl achievement by playing.

monkey wrench
best of you
about a girl
come as you are
smells like teen spirit.

wcellon
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
What achievements are considered DLC? I only see 8 achievements that mention downloading and those only add up to 150 points. I've read that the Dave Grohl achievement requires downloading, so that brings it up to 180 points. Where do the other 70 DLC points come from?

Does the game give you more data on this somewhere than the achievement descriptions do? The game should be delivered to me later today. Just trying to get my achievement lists updated properly.

http://www.xboxachievementlist.com

Daniel55645
10-28-2010, 01:13 AM
the 4 songs that he mentioned are the only 4 you have to play for the achievement for play all free songs. you can find out also by going to career it will tell you. those are the only 4 i played and it unlocked and i have every free song thats come out

Daniel55645
10-28-2010, 01:16 AM
What achievements are considered DLC? I only see 8 achievements that mention downloading and those only add up to 150 points. I've read that the Dave Grohl achievement requires downloading, so that brings it up to 180 points. Where do the other 70 DLC points come from?

Does the game give you more data on this somewhere than the achievement descriptions do? The game should be delivered to me later today. Just trying to get my achievement lists updated properly.

http://www.xboxachievementlist.com

the achievements are:
dave grohl band
just another band outta boston
shameless self promotion
decent collection
Mercurial vocalist
i want it all
The Perfect Drug
Accountants dozen
Face Melter
Downloader
Fistful of awesome
Live free or die

SebastianSB
10-28-2010, 01:18 AM
I've made complete lists for all of the DLC achievements.

Links:
I Want It All (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67384/i-want-it-all-achievement.htm)
Fistful of Awesome (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67383/fistful-of-awesome-achievement.htm)
Accountant's Dozen (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67382/accountants-dozen-achievement.htm)
Decent Collection (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67439/decent-collection-achievement.htm)
Live Free or Die (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67438/live-free-or-die-achievement.htm)
Dave Grohl Band (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67381/dave-grohl-band-achievement.htm)
Shameless Self-Promotion (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67440/shameless-selfpromotion-achievement.htm)
The Perfect Drug (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67442/the-perfect-drug-achievement.htm)
Downloader (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67387/downloader-achievement.htm)
Face Melter (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67441/face-melter-achievement.htm)
Mercurial Vocalist (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67437/mercurial-vocalist-achievement.htm)
Just Another Band Out of Boston (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67385/just-another-band-out-of-boston-achievement.htm)

See above.

You have career goals in the game. There are way more goals than achievements, but each achievement is tied to a goal. The DLC achievement goals are all in a DLC category. Some are listed for specific instruments even though they aren't in the achievement description.

Daniel55645
10-28-2010, 01:22 AM
I've made complete lists for all of the DLC achievements.

Links:
I Want It All (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67384/i-want-it-all-achievement.htm)
Fistful of Awesome (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67383/fistful-of-awesome-achievement.htm)
Accountant's Dozen (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67382/accountants-dozen-achievement.htm)
Decent Collection (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67439/decent-collection-achievement.htm)
Live Free or Die (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67438/live-free-or-die-achievement.htm)
Dave Grohl Band (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67381/dave-grohl-band-achievement.htm)
Shameless Self-Promotion (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67440/shameless-selfpromotion-achievement.htm)
The Perfect Drug (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67442/the-perfect-drug-achievement.htm)
Downloader (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67387/downloader-achievement.htm)
Face Melter (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67441/face-melter-achievement.htm)
Mercurial Vocalist (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67437/mercurial-vocalist-achievement.htm)
Just Another Band Out of Boston (http://www.trueachievements.com/a67385/just-another-band-out-of-boston-achievement.htm)

See above.

You have career goals in the game. There are way more goals than achievements, but each achievement is tied to a goal. The DLC achievement goals are all in a DLC category. Some are listed for specific instruments even though they aren't in the achievement description.

good job on making a list saying the same thing i did right after me

SebastianSB
10-28-2010, 01:24 AM
good job on making a list saying the same thing i did right after me

They're links to the lists of songs that work for each achievement...

Daniel55645
10-28-2010, 01:27 AM
They're links to the lists of songs that work for each achievement...

1: or links go to true achievements which is stupid
2: if they wanna see them, they're the last achievements listed on this site for the game

SebastianSB
10-28-2010, 01:29 AM
1: or links go to true achievements which is stupid
2: if they wanna see them, they're the last achievements listed on this site for the game

Troll elsewhere.

Daniel55645
10-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Troll elsewhere.

i applaude you for that amazing comback

SebastianSB
10-28-2010, 01:33 AM
There's no need for comebacks. I'm posting useful information, and you've found some reason to be a douche. Enjoy.

Daniel55645
10-28-2010, 01:36 AM
There's no need for comebacks. I'm posting useful information, and you've found some reason to be a douche. Enjoy.

you posted the same info i already did and tried to get them to go to another site when all the info is already on this site and the dlc achievements are already in order on the list. they're all at the bottom. you're just making things complicated

wcellon
10-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Thank you both for sending me the lists!

You may now continue fighting amongst yourselves... ;)