PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Metal Bands???

GurglingShrimp
10-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Post what your top favorite metal bands of all time below...

My top are: Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu, A Day to Remember, Silverstein

:woop:

Poida
10-24-2010, 01:50 AM
I like heaps but my 5 favourites are Nightwish, Korn, Motley Crue, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine.

Joker0fLife
10-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Five Finger Death Punch
Parkway Drive
Salt The Wound
Mudvayne
Korn

In no particular order.

Death Metal Jim
10-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Obituary
Suicidal Tendencies
Venom
Bathory
Dying Fetus
Death
Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
Malevolent Creation
Vital Remains
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Celtic Frost
Deicide
Vomitory
Kreator
Overkill
Sodom
Testament
Krisiun
Cryptopsy
Kataklysm

These are just a few of my favorites by the way :p.

Burning Karma
10-24-2010, 04:12 AM

Ho ho, you're going to catch some shit. *waits for it*

ApochWeiss
10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Ho ho, you're going to catch some shit. *waits for it*

...I should...but I shall not. Other then say OP: they aren't metal. Done.

You can check my site to see what I'm rocking out to, I got something going every day cause of that (linked in sig) but...

Annihilator
Cannibal Corpse
Carnal Forge
Cradle of Filth (fuck off haters, personal favorite)
Destruction
DevilDriver (in my eyes they are, too heavy to lump in as Mallcore)
Dimmu Borgir (except Abrahadabra. fucking sucked)
Kreator
Insomnium

oh god so many more. I'm not gonna go through that list.

REDEMPTIONDENIED
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Arch Enemy (My favorite band)
Mors Pricipium Est
Rob Zombie
Black Sabbath

merzitar
10-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Eluveitie
Nightwish
Blind Guardian
System of a Down (Nu Metal?)
Sferic

. . .and so on.

Burning Karma
10-24-2010, 04:59 PM
...I should...but I shall not. Other then say OP: they aren't metal. Done.
I am disappoint, Apoch. :(

Even if I do like BFMV myself. >>

APassingShadow
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Not really into the genre but I do like some

Korn
Rob Zombie
Nightwish
ASP

Eviltoastman
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Acid Bath
Goatsnake
Boris
Godflesh
Charger
Skid Row
Black Eye Riot
Iron Monkey
Khanate
Sepultura
Sunn
Acrimony
The Sword
Dukes Of Nothing
Nailbomb
Orange Goblin
Anthrax
Todd

Thraxus13
10-24-2010, 09:32 PM
August Burns Red
Dream Theater
Between The Buried And Me
Demon Hunter
Some of these could be considered metalcore though... :x

Joker0fLife
10-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Some of these could be considered metalcore though... :x

I don't understand why people think subgenres aren't connected to main genres...it has 'metal' in the name, so it's metal...

Jsraiders
10-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Metallica
Megadeth
Pantera
Disturbed
Slayer
Avenged Sevenfold
System of a Down
Black Sabbath
Trivium
Bullet For My Valentine

ApochWeiss
10-25-2010, 02:07 PM
I am disappoint, Apoch. :(

Even if I do like BFMV myself. >>

Hey, don't blame me. Blame GSL. I'm not costing my team 1k.

I don't understand why people think subgenres aren't connected to main genres...it has 'metal' in the name, so it's metal...

THANK YOU! God I'm tired of hearing "Metalcore isn't metal". Almost all my friends are elitists so if it's not Death, Thrash or underground "kvlt" black metal, it apparently isn't metal.

milecoupe
10-25-2010, 07:37 PM

These are metal to you?I'd love to see what you'd call black metal bands in that case.

I have to disagree with you.While i understand what your saying i think thats wrong.Main example look at all the "pop punk" "pop hardcord" bands but you never hear them on the radio and there not even close in any ways to pop so i would keep them separate as a day to remember is no were close to say jessica simpson and thats what your implying with the genres.So the same be said for metalcore vs metal and if i go up to a metalfan and say bring me the horizon is metal i'm pretty sure i'll get k/o'd LOL

Joker0fLife
10-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I have to disagree with you.While i understand what your saying i think thats wrong.Main example look at all the "pop punk" "pop hardcord" bands but you never hear them on the radio and there not even close in any ways to pop so i would keep them separate as a day to remember is no were close to say jessica simpson and thats what your implying with the genres.So the same be said for metalcore vs metal and if i go up to a metalfan and say bring me the horizon is metal i'm pretty sure i'll get k/o'd LOL

Well that's the thing...Popcore isn't really a sub-genre of metal, It's a definition of Post-Hardcore bands that also play pop/alternative songs (A Day To Remember being the perfect example). You wouldn't hear them on the radio because they don't just play pop/alternative songs. If the average person heard say for example, Hey There Delilah and loved it, but then found out that not all the songs sound like Hey There Delilah, and more like the Devil screaming at the top of its lungs, it wouldn't do the bands any justice...

Also, you'd get K/O'd because that's not what a metal fan (Im guessing if you'd have to say that to a Swedish Death Metal lover) wants to hear. Deep down they hate to admit that BMTH is metal (:mad::mad::mad:), but it's true.

In all honesty, I wish sub-genres would go away.

ApochWeiss
10-26-2010, 09:40 AM
These are metal to you?I'd love to see what you'd call black metal bands in that case.

...You do realize you're talking about POP and PUNK, right? Completely different then METALCORE.

You're argument makes sense, but at the same time fails. Yes, A Day to Remember is not pop like Jessica Simpson. BUT, at the same time, Pop refers to the music genre in many ways, such as being short for Popular or "Soda Pop", meaning light and airy or bouncy. Traditional Punk is just Punk. it can be heavy, it can fast, it ca be slow and ballady, it can be Ramones having a secret album where they play their material but had another person come in and fart on a snare drum at random times and call it techno punk(not a shot at techno), but still technically Punk. Pop Punk traditionally means easy to swallow, light, accessable to more then just a specific style's demographic.

Metal is not pop in any means right now, though I've heard some shockers on the radio such as All That Remains and Cradle of Filth. Of course, these don't make the band "pop metal", this just means these songs were light, accessible, and enjoyable to more then just a specific demographic. I know a lot of people who loathe metal but absolutely orgasmed over the track Nymphetamine. However, I will never understand why the gothic rock/metal scene hasn't blown up as big as it should thanks to HIM, 69 Eyes, and Evanescence. I also don't get why the band being called "Flower Metal" aren't that popular either, as they have a lighter sound that is open to many other musical tastes other then the stereotypes laid out within that specifc style's field.

Now, onto Metalcore. "core" has been brought into the metal world in more ways then one. Mostly, it was thanks to Napalm Death incorporating Grindcore along with Death Metal. Since then, it's accompanied the Metal style for many years, and have been a commonly accepted style of music. Pig Destroyer, Burzum, Phobia, the list goes on. Grindcore, however, it just (from my understanding, not a big Hardcore fan here) an amped version of Hardcore, which was spawned through musical endeavors through Punk, which can be placed as having a HUGE influence on some early bands in specific Metal genres. So, the inclusion of Hardcore is argued because of how different it is, but when you look at it, it isn't too different, especially with the Punk and Hardcore sound utilized in Crossover Thrash with bands like Suicidal Tendencies, Anthrax, etc., so, if you follow your logic, then these bands are Hardcore and not Thrash.

By following that concept, you need to look at Metalcore as a merging of both styles. While Hardcore is it's own seperate entity, it does have ties to the Metal world, and therefor, when mixed with a general Melodic Death Metal template, utilizing the overall intensity, attitude, guitar hooks, melody, etc., of that style, and blending it with the two-step, guitar riffs, and breakdowns commonly associated with the Hardcore style, it in turn becomes it's own entity that takes on more of the Metal aspect of the recording then the Hardcore. Technically, we should be calling this Crossover Melodic Death Metal, or even Crossover Punk, but the latter would cause confusion for Crossover Thrash acts. But, that's a fucking mouthful. So, the term Metalcore came about.

And why people hate it and try to distance themselves from it baffles me. Listen to Slayer, Exodus, any older Thrash act that is still well known to this day, and you'll hear breakdowns in it. You hear two-step in it. You hear a lot of Hardcore and Punk influences in many Thrash act's albums. Hell, go listen to Slam Death Metal. pick up an Incantation or Obituary release. There's breakdowns in there. Matter of fact, Slam Death Metal just rips breakdowns out of the Hardcore and Grindcore style all together, so does taking that little aspect of theft to enhance the music further really that damning? Honestly, I don't really hear much of a difference with bands like Heaven Shall Burn and Killswitch Engage then I do with some Melodic Death Metal or Thrash acts. I mean, Shadows Fall anyone? This band was well respected and had a top billboard selling album, being accessable to many people within the specific Metal field because of how well it blended Melodic Death and Metalcore, though the newer material is just becoming highly repetitive at this point.

Hopefully you understand this, because, I'll be honest...I just typed all that in about 15 minutes off the top of my head without stopping haha.

Well that's the thing...Popcore isn't really a sub-genre of metal, It's a definition of Post-Hardcore bands that also play pop/alternative songs (A Day To Remember being the perfect example). You wouldn't hear them on the radio because they don't just play pop/alternative songs. If the average person heard say for example, Hey There Delilah and loved it, but then found out that not all the songs sound like Hey There Delilah, and more like the Devil screaming at the top of its lungs, it wouldn't do the bands any justice...

Also, you'd get K/O'd because that's not what a metal fan (Im guessing if you'd have to say that to a Swedish Death Metal lover) wants to hear. Deep down they hate to admit that BMTH is metal (:mad::mad::mad:), but it's true.

In all honesty, I wish sub-genres would go away.

Exactly. I love all forms of metal, but there are some bands I just don't want to acknowledge the existence of. As much as I put the thought in my head that they aren't metal, deep inside I'm appauled that they are, but they just suck so bad at it. Bring Me the Horizon, Born of Osiris, Job for a Cowboy (though I liked their new album somewhat), all bands I'd have been happier with. Oh, and let's all not forget Deathcore, which people are still iffy about.

But again...what the hell? Slam Death Metal! Incantation = breakdowns. Deathcore = breakdowns that fucking suck and not as much talent. That's all. I Declare War anyone?

seriously, I Declare War makes me wanna put a bullet through my head

goodgoodgoodgoodgoodSTOP! .................guitar chord .................cymbol .................guitar chord .................cymbol random ass scream .................repeat for 45 seconds.

fail...

milecoupe
10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I was'nt implying popcore or pop was metal.I was saying that by you guys saying metalcore=metal by that same logic pophardcore=pop & to say something like pop punk/hardcore is "pop" because of the logic of metal being in metalcore makes it metal and not classed as a genre is wrong the way i look at it.Thats all i was trying to say lol.

On another note adtr actully dose have some pop/alternative songs & also some indie songs.Just wanted to point that out.

I'll read/reply to weiss later as i gotta go out quick befor they sell out of the games i'm getting.

Joker0fLife
10-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I was'nt implying popcore or pop was metal.I was saying that by you guys saying metalcore=metal by that same logic pophardcore=pop & to say something like pop punk/hardcore is "pop" because of the logic of metal being in metalcore makes it metal and not classed as a genre is wrong the way i look at it.Thats all i was trying to say lol.

You're taking something little I said ("...It has metal in the name, so it's metal...") and blowing it waaaaay out of context lol. A lot of the brutal metal lovers don't think that Metalcore is true metal, but it has metal in the name (slight observation to point out), so with that alone it has to be metal no matter what they say [doesn't apply to every genre]. That's why I put the '...' at the beginning and end of the statement to separate it from what else I was saying. My main point was that some people think that sub-genres aren't tied to their roots.

It's a definition of Post-Hardcore bands that also play pop/alternative songs (A Day To Remember being the perfect example).
On another note adtr actully dose have some pop/alternative songs & also some indie songs.Just wanted to point that out.You're pointing something out that I already pointed out :p

Santaslave
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
www.last.fm/user/Santaslave
Check out my last.fm for all the stuff I listen to, though here are some of my faves regarding "metal":

Nevermore
Carcass
Dream Theater
Megadeth
Testament
Exodus
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Necrophagist
Sanctuary
Racer X (<- Not as "metal" as the above ones, but I love this band regardless.)
Heaven Shall Burn

And people above; fighting about genres just make you look like a bunch of morons alltogether to be honest. Just listen to what you like and fuck genres.

ApochWeiss
10-27-2010, 05:49 PM
www.last.fm/user/Santaslave (http://www.last.fm/user/Santaslave)
Check out my last.fm for all the stuff I listen to, though here are some of my faves regarding "metal":

Nevermore
Carcass
Dream Theater
Megadeth
Testament
Exodus
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Necrophagist
Sanctuary
Racer X (<- Not as "metal" as the above ones, but I love this band regardless.)
Heaven Shall Burn

And people above; fighting about genres just make you look like a bunch of morons alltogether to be honest. Just listen to what you like and fuck genres.

Hopefully that moron quote has nothing to do with me. I made an intelligent statement. And btw...Racer X? Wow. Shocked to see someone else name that band haha. Nice choice.

Eviltoastman
10-27-2010, 06:41 PM
http://weak.iblog.co.za/files/2009/09/comic-book-guy.gif

Santaslave
10-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Hopefully that moron quote has nothing to do with me. I made an intelligent statement. And btw...Racer X? Wow. Shocked to see someone else name that band haha. Nice choice.

Dunno, didn't bother reading the entire argument.

And yeah Racer X is the shit, abnormally underrated though, sadly enough. Even though people have heard of Paul Gilbert, they don't seem to know Racer X. I think they have really catchy songs with amazing band members.

ShaneForWax
10-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Nightwish
Van Canto
Disturbed
Testament
A few others I can't remember atm

Joker0fLife
10-27-2010, 10:13 PM

LOL who says we're fighting? Can people not have a simple debate?

Santaslave
10-27-2010, 10:21 PM
LOL who says we're fighting? Can people not have a simple debate?

Yeah, those debates are infamous for being neverending. Just drop it.

Volzagia
10-27-2010, 10:25 PM

Oh god.... None of those bands are metal....

Anyways

Venom Ensiferum Mayhem Gorgoroth PanterA Metallica (1983-1989) Slayer Megadeth Anthrax Alestorm Swashbuckle Korpiklaani Evile Iron Maiden Amon Amarth Arch Enemy Celtic Frost Cannibal Corpse Deicide Dethklok Diamond Head Finntroll Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell Kreator Machine Head Motley Crue Motorhead etc etc etc

Joker0fLife
10-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, those debates are infamous for being neverending. Just drop it.

Lol, because I ended it above? I fail to see your logic in posting that we look like morons, this isn't Youtube. People are actually mannered here...

Kmillz0
10-30-2010, 03:36 AM
System of a Down
Black Sabbath
Bullet For My Valentine
Metallica

Afro Ninja
10-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Obituary
Suicidal Tendencies
Venom
Bathory
Dying Fetus
Death
Malevolent Creation
Vital Remains
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Celtic Frost
Deicide
Vomitory
Kreator
Overkill
Sodom
Testament
Krisiun
Cryptopsy
Kataklysm

These are just a few of my favorites by the way :p. You my friend, know good music.

My top 20 are:

1. Slayer
2. Megadeth
3. Iron Maiden
4. Metallica
5. Pantera
6. Testament
7. Carcass
8. Kreator
9. Exodus
10. Obituary
11. Diamond Head
12. Destruction
13. Warbringer
14. Evile
15. Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
16. Judas Priest
17. Black Sabbath
18. Death
19. Cannibal Corpse
20. Mortician

StillTIPPIN187
10-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Yup cuz those bands are sooo metal lmfao!

Although, Ill admit.. I like BFMV.. Nice riffs.

And i did like that cd "A Death-Grip on Yesterday" by atreyu.. that was heavy.

But

Lamb of god
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Parkway Drive
All That Remains
Job For A Cowboy

I could name sooo many more. Metal and Rap all day errrrr day.

Im mostly into Death And Thrash.. im into that metalcore shit some as well..

Mostly, Band just know how to hit the sticks and write good riff and ill like em =] Blast Beats and Double Bass are good to throw in the mix as well.

Santaslave
10-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Yup cuz those bands are sooo metal lmfao!

Although, Ill admit.. I like BFMV.. Nice riffs.

And i did like that cd "A Death-Grip on Yesterday" by atreyu.. that was heavy.

But

Lamb of god
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Parkway Drive
All That Remains
Job For A Cowboy

I could name sooo many more. Metal and Rap all day errrrr day.

Im mostly into Death And Thrash.. im into that metalcore shit some as well..

Mostly, Band just know how to hit the sticks and write good riff and ill like em =] Blast Beats and Double Bass are good to throw in the mix as well.

Oh my god.. Just leave.

ShaneForWax
10-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Is no one else a fan of Van Canto or Nightwish? :O

ColtoN899
10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Totally Slipknot :)

strikedc23
11-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Metallica and Slayer.

CutePoisonCTU
11-01-2010, 02:15 PM
lol, wow, was about to post my list until I saw paragraphs and paragraphs of people explaining what metal "really is", so don't think I'll bother now :P.

Hero Of Acre
11-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Psychostick
Machine Head
Pantera
Gojira
Coal Chamber
Rage Against the Machine
Fear Factory
Rammstein
Limp Bizkit
Bison B.C.

I figured I'd leave it at ten. Although I probally should've cranked it up to eleven.

And to the metal elitists that will curse me out for calling Limp Bizkit and Rage metal, fuck off. They are metal, you might not like it, but they are. You don't need songs to be 300 BPM and contain nothing, but grunts and growls to be considered metal. You can sing in metal, and yes...even rap.

ApochWeiss
11-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Is no one else a fan of Van Canto or Nightwish? :O

Van Canto, in my opinion, is one of the most talented acts in the metal scene today. And Nightwish...well...they have their ups and downs. LOVED the new one though. I enjoy Tarja, but she really started to hold 'em back around Once. Got some reviews up for both bands, but only the new Van Canto, can't get the others at the moment and the one was provided by the label.

Oh my god.. Just leave.

Please, take your own advice or quit trolling.

Psychostick
Machine Head
Pantera
Gojira
Coal Chamber
Rage Against the Machine
Fear Factory
Rammstein
Limp Bizkit
Bison B.C.

I figured I'd leave it at ten. Although I probally should've cranked it up to eleven.

And to the metal elitists that will curse me out for calling Limp Bizkit and Rage metal, fuck off. They are metal, you might not like it, but they are. You don't need songs to be 300 BPM and contain nothing, but grunts and growls to be considered metal. You can sing in metal, and yes...even rap.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of RAtM, I'd lump them more in a heavier Alternative then anything, but, hey, if you like 'em, I won't say anything. Guerilla Radio (spelled right?) always gets me pumped. And I grew up listening to Limp Bizkit, so I can't say anything. Even to this day, "Break Stuff" makes me wanna break stuff. Pure and simple. :D Shocked to see someone list Bison B.C. though. Nice choice.

bapae
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Death
Gojira
WhiteChaple
Cannibal Corpse

Brian Fantana x360a
11-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Killswitch all the way (y)

Hero Of Acre
11-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Personally, I'm not a big fan of RAtM, I'd lump them more in a heavier Alternative then anything, but, hey, if you like 'em, I won't say anything. Guerilla Radio (spelled right?) always gets me pumped. And I grew up listening to Limp Bizkit, so I can't say anything. Even to this day, "Break Stuff" makes me wanna break stuff. Pure and simple. :D Shocked to see someone list Bison B.C. though. Nice choice.

Yea, I'd put Rage as alt. metal; I can see why some people wouldn't consider it metal, but to me it is.

I'm surprised by the amount of people that know of Bison B.C. I mean it's not like I hear it all the time, but I've seen mention of them on occasion. You gotta love the sludge though.

And speaking of obscure bands, I almost put Brocas Helm on there too, but I've only recently started listening to them.

ApochWeiss
11-04-2010, 07:21 PM
You want obscure sludge?

YouTube - End Of Level Boss: Mr. Dinosaur Is Lost (live) @ Mikk, Murska Sobota, 3.4.2009

Just a Sludge band I came across at one point. Got their 2007 album, but it's really not that great.

REDEMPTIONDENIED
11-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Any Norwegian Black Metal fans? (Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Enslaved) Those guys are insane! Venom is also pretty good from what I've listened to.

Santaslave
11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Please, take your own advice or quit trolling

Yeah you can definitely tell I was talking about his taste in music, not the overall ignorance of that comment, right?

ApochWeiss
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah you can definitely tell I was talking about his taste in music, not the overall ignorance of that comment, right?

Actually, no I couldn't. If you responded to him about the ignorance of his post, my appologies. It looked like you were telling him to leave based on his musical tastes.

bapae
11-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Any Norwegian Black Metal fans? (Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Enslaved) Those guys are insane! Venom is also pretty good from what I've listened to. I love Norwegian death metal.

Santaslave
11-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Darkthrone

The winds! They called! DA DUNGEON SHAKAAAAAAHHHH!!1

I dunno, they're alright, that song always makes me laugh though.

ApochWeiss
11-08-2010, 10:00 AM
The winds! They called! DA DUNGEON SHAKAAAAAAHHHH!!1

I dunno, they're alright, that song always makes me laugh though.

Just that song makes you laugh? By the gods, their earlier material's production quality was so bad I always cracked up laughing.

FeeltheGroove
11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Personal Top 5:

X Japan
Pantera
Sex Machineguns
Nightwish
Versailles

I'm a sucker for Japanese metal bands, but anything melodic or kickass in general is right up my alley.

Santaslave
11-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Just that song makes you laugh? By the gods, their earlier material's production quality was so bad I always cracked up laughing.

Well I can't only blame it on the production, really, vox are kinda strange as it is.. Old Kreator (when they were called Tormentor) is some terrible production but it has some decent instrumental tracks (as I realized after I finally managed figuring out those songs by ear).

ShaneForWax
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
What about Blind Guardian and the Sword?

Hero Of Acre
11-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Of course The Sword, how can you not love stoner metal? It's like stoner rock, only heavier; so in other words taking ice cream and adding more awesome.

Burning Karma
11-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Of course The Sword, how can you not love stoner metal? It's like stoner rock, only heavier; so in other words taking ice cream and adding more awesome.
Too bad their drummer quit. Looks like he's been replaced though as they've rescheduled their tour dates.

ShaneForWax
11-09-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm not a fan of newer Nightwish. I know, I know, give the new lass a chance. but still... doesn't have the same feel. Has a 'sold-out' feel.

Oddvr
11-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Dream Theater, Pensées Nocturnes, Peste Noire, Gojira.

Some of the stuff I'm currently listening too.

Hero Of Acre
11-10-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm going to add Meshuggah to my list. I've only just started listening to them, and have only heard a few songs, but they're kicking some major ass. That and the video to New Millenium Cyanide Christ is awesome.

YouTube - MESHUGGAH - New Millenium Cyanide Christ

xBurnleyxFC
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Metallica, Slayer, Rage Against The Machine, Machine Head, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage and many, many more!

ApochWeiss
11-10-2010, 06:18 PM

Huge Blind Guardian fan here. Not too into the Sword sadly.

So pumped though. Got the new Rhapsody of Fire, and the new Cradle of Filth today. kinda counter the awful news I got when I went to fix my mother's internet :( But, hey, loving both. Got a review of Cradle up on my site though if anyone cares to check it out (link in sig)

rman0099
11-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Here are a few of my favorites....in no particular order:

Five Finger Death Punch
Soilwork
Trivium
In Flames
36 Crazy Fists
Il Nino
Nonpoint
Sevendust
Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold
Shadows Fall
Bullet for my Valentine
Demon Hunter
Silent Civilian

Lycan Supremacy
11-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Some of my favorite bands.

Iced Earth
Powerwolf
Pyramaze
Persuader
Scar Symmetry
Melechesh
Communic

Thraxus13
11-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Late reply, but some people get really anal about it being the correct sub-genre name >.<

ApochWeiss
11-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Some of my favorite bands.

Iced Earth
Powerwolf
Pyramaze
Persuader
Scar Symmetry
Melechesh
Communic

Great bands. Was shocked to see someone list Pyramaze, not a lot of people I know liked it compared to Iced Earth. Also, got to interview Melechesh himself (the vocalist of his band Melechesh, of course) and he's a pretty cool guy.

Lycan Supremacy
11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Great bands. Was shocked to see someone list Pyramaze, not a lot of people I know liked it compared to Iced Earth. Also, got to interview Melechesh himself (the vocalist of his band Melechesh, of course) and he's a pretty cool guy.

Yeah and Pyramaze is such an underrated band too in my opinion. Legend of the Bone Carver was a fantastic album. Though most I know didn't feel so and Matt Barlow's work with Pyramaze was outstanding. Would've been interesting to see how the band would've been on future albums if Barlow didn't rejoin Iced Earth.

A few more of my favorites.

Deadlock
Dagon
Alestorm
Heathen Foray
Fractal Gates
Be'lakor

Joker0fLife
11-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm going to add Meshuggah to my list. I've only just started listening to them, and have only heard a few songs, but they're kicking some major ass. That and the video to New Millenium Cyanide Christ is awesome.

Ohohoho, check out their newest CD "Obzen", "Nothing", and "Destroy. Erase. Improve."

Notable Songs being:

Bleed
Dancers To A Discordant System
Rational Gaze
Perpetual Black Second
Soul Burn
Future Breed Machine

Better...just listen to all their CD's when you get the chance, they're all equally bad ass in their own way :p

Hero Of Acre
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Notable Songs being:

Bleed
Dancers To A Discordant System
Rational Gaze
Perpetual Black Second
Soul Burn
Future Breed Machine

I've listened to Rational Gaze; "I LIKE JUICE!" (Yea I know it's 'Our light induced...') and that's another one of the video's that just doesn't take itself seriously and I love that about them. They're pretty wicked, but they joke around with it and have a good time.

PsychoPandaRR
11-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Killswitch Engage
Chevelle(is that even metal?)
Five Finger Death Punch
Bullet for my Valentine
Mudvayne
Disturbed
Mushroomhead
Rammstein

Can't think of more atm. I'd have to go through my collection, I'm lazy to do that..-__-

Joker0fLife
11-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Chevelle(is that even metal?)

They were Alt Metal until their newest cd, which leans more to Hard Rock. So yeah, I guess they are mostly.

Nurse Zydrate
11-18-2010, 07:48 AM
I have lots, but 5 of my faves are...

1. Five Finger Death Punch
2. Linkin Park (the old nu-metal stuff)
3. Fear Factory
4. American Head Charge
5. Korn

HacksawDoomx187
11-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Aborted
Acid Bath
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Architect
Between the Buried and Me
Botch
Cattle Decapitation
Cephalic Carnage
The Chariot
Converge
Daughters
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Ed Gein
Gaza
Genghis Tron
Heaven Shall Burn
Into the Moat
Lye By Mistake
Mastodon
Meshuggah
Misery Index
Napalm Death
Nile
Origin
Pig Destroyer
PsyOpus
Suffocation
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza

I realize a bunch of these fit into the category of Mathcore and Grindcore, so I'm not sure if that should be considered Hardcore and left out of the categorization of "Metal," but if people are going to post ADTR, I'll post Grind and Math bands. Anyways, just a few of my favorites.

xVx PUNISHER
11-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Megadeth is top fav
Death - second top
Metallica - second top
Avenged Sevenfold
Dream Theater
Trivium
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Voice of the Soul
Dethklok
Black Tide
Black Majesty

and tons of unknown/small/unsigned bands i can't even begin to list.

Well, problem is, to me when i listen to a song the band is either one of my fav or i just hate the band and never listen to it again lol

TehClownsta
11-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I personally don't see why everyone has to argue about metal and it's subgenre's, let people enjoy what they want to enjoy. I don't like Black or Grindcore, but I don't slam people for enjoying them. Anyways:

Between The Buried and Me
Gojira
August Burns Red
Suicide Silence
Avenged Sevenfold
Slayer
Job for a Cowboy
Lamb of God
Metallica
Slipknot
Exodus

And, on another note, I saw BMTH a few days ago, and thoroughly enjoyed their new CD.

scarface230
11-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Metallica, Motorhead, Korn, Megadeath

Axe Argonian
11-23-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm quite an open-minded metal head, so my tastes range between Alternative Metal (System of a Down; "nu-metal" is not a real genre. It's just a "style", just as "hair metal" was a "style" and not a genre) and Black Metal (Enslaved). Next to the names of the listed bands are their respective specific genres of metal.

Here I go...

Bison B.C. (Sludge Metal)
Deftones (Alternative Metal)
Demon Hunter (Metalcore)
Dio (Heavy Metal)
Disturbed (Alternative Metal)
Enslaved (Progressive Black Metal)
Godsmack (Alternative Metal)
Gojira (Progressive Death Metal)
Killswitch Engage (Metalcore)
Korn (Alternative Metal)
Kylesa (Sludge Metal)
Mastodon (Progressive Stoner Metal)
Meshuggah (Technical Thrash Metal)
Metallica (Thrash Metal)
Ministry (Industrial Metal)
Motörhead (Heavy Metal)
Nightwish (Symphonic Power Metal)
Opeth (Progressive Death Metal)
Pantera (Groove Thrash Metal)
Primordial (Folkish Black Metal)
Prong (Industrial Metal)
Sepultura (Thrash Metal)
Symphony X (Progressive Metal)
System of a Down (Alternative Metal)
Testament (Thrash Metal)
Tool (Alternative Metal)

MORTO hi
11-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Amon Amarth
Disturbed
Dream Theater
In Flames
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Slipknot
Stone Sour

That's all I can think of without having my iPod to get the full list.

mahyen
12-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Now im more into folk metal, like finntroll, turisas, ensiferum, blackguard, they are coming to january to mexico!!

McGoogles
12-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Slayer
etc..

THUGGEDOUT
12-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Lamb Of God
Metallica
August Burns Red

Neverender
12-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Agraceful
August Burns Red
Converge
The Devil Wears Prada
Drop Dead, Gorgeous
For the Fallen Dreams
For Today
Impending Doom
It Prevails
Misery Signals (before Controller, that album was horrible)
Of Mice & Men
Onward to Olympas
Parkway Drive
Recognize
Terror
Underoath (They're Only Chasing Safety & earlier, their latest three albums are terrible)
Vanna

Admittedly, most of these bands are more hardcore than metal, but it's the closest I get to metal.

TVC613
12-21-2010, 08:34 PM
So many:

Metallica
Anthrax
Slayer
Meshuggah
Slipknot
DevilDriver
Lamb of God
Chimaira
Opeth
Death
Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Avenged Sevenfold
Machine Head
(old) Sepultura
Soulfly
Dimmu Borgir
Behemoth
In Flames
Trivium
Five Finger Death Punch
GWAR

There's more, but that's what comes to mind right now.

ApochWeiss
12-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Now im more into folk metal, like finntroll, turisas, ensiferum, blackguard, they are coming to january to mexico!!

Blackguard have a new album coming out. In the states it's being released through Victory Records, which is kinda confusing, they mostly do bands like Atreyu anymore, but I'm seeing some decent-impressive acts popping up on that label now like Pathology. I'm just hoping I get my review copy of this album, we hit a snag with the new Autumn Offering one and I only just got my review copy last week.

Which I still gotta do...forgot all about it... I didn't like the first Blackguard CD too much honestly, but I'm interested in what the next one will sound like.

mikachu93
12-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Not a big metal fan, but going by whatever iTunes considers metal, I'd have to say my favourites are:

1. Dream Theater
2. Evanescence
3. In This Moment
4. Mastodon
5. Nightwish
6. Opeth
7. System of a Down
8. Within Tempation
9. Wolfmother
10. X Japan

Alphabetical order, obviously. Bullet for My Valentine is an honourable mention, but I don't know if that's "metal" enough for you guys.

Scotty
12-24-2010, 11:14 PM
i think ill hesitantly list my faves tough i fear ill get flamed for the being either not true metal or being too comercial, but here goes...

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
BREAKING BENJAMIN (THE BEST)
DISTURBED
MUDVAYNE
THREE DAYS GRACE

AND FINALLY.. MARYLIN MANSON.
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Nemril
12-28-2010, 04:56 PM
1. Marilyn Manson
2. Slipknot
3. Iron Maiden
4. Rammstein
5. KoRn

CyanideSpirit
12-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Mastodon, Megadeth, The Black Dahlia Murder, SkeletonWitch, Queensryche :)

DarkestofFlames
12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Iron Maiden
Primordial
Candlemass
Cathedral
Agalloch
Vital Remains
Turisas
Neurosis
Electric Wizard
Acid Bath
Bathory
High On Fire
Slough Feg
Eluveitie
My Dying Bride
Orodruin
Carcass

For the last 10 to 15 years I have been focusing my attention more on the extreme metal side. But within the last few weeks I have been craving some of the older metal bands I used to listen to: Tesla, Judas Priest, Saxon, Steeler, even Manowar:eek:

undeadjubbie
01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Megadeth
Nevermore
Trivium
In Flames
BFMV

Gman2
01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Dream Theater (new album 2011)
Nightwish (new album 2011)
Evergrey (new album 2011)
Warmen (new album 2011)
Angra
Disturbed
Symphony X (new album 2011)

rawsewage
01-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Slough Feg
The Crown
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
Pariah(UK)
DIO
Overkill
Destroyer 666
Dawnbringer
Rotten Sound
Repulsion
Helloween
Kamelot

Hiigarian
01-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, here is the holy quartet I never get enough off:

Isis
Neurosis
A Storm of Light
Deftones

Strange, I know - predominantly post-metal, but still, Deftones are a classic one.

Phoxinator
01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I used to hate metal, but then a friend convinced me to buy Guitar Hero: Metallica.
So now I love Metallica and Judas Priest :D

ChaosGod87
01-10-2011, 04:05 AM
1. Iron Maiden
2. Trivium
3. Bloodbath
4. Carcass
5. Taking Dawn, even though they just came out. Must say, love their music alot.

boostracer
01-10-2011, 04:49 AM
1. As I Lay Dying - Their lyrics appeal to me, and I can easily relate to them. Plus, their music is awesome.
2. Killswitch Engage - Another one of those bands that appeal to me on multiple levels. i.e lyrics and music.
3. Children of Bodom - Kick ass band in every aspect, the first melodic metal band I loved to death, and still do.
4. Five Finger Death Punch - Angry, emotionally charged lyrics and music. I fucking love it.
5. Opeth - I can listen to their music when I'm in any sort of mood. Amazing band, the only one on this list I haven't seen live. I really really want to though.

-Right outside the list-
6. Pantera - Monumental metal band, I love them to death.
7. Trivium - I loved their older stuff, but I hated The Crusade. Shogun is pretty great

LordMarduk
01-11-2011, 03:21 AM
1. Mushroomhead

2. Pantera

3. Sepultura

4. Morbid Angel

5. Danzig

Chevron411
01-12-2011, 06:48 AM
In Flames
Eluveitie
Rammstein
Iron Maiden
Kivimetsän Druidi
Obscura
Windir
Epica
Did I miss a genre?

jammiejay85
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Testament
Decapitated
Soilwork
Meshuggah
Darkane
Suffocation
Emperor
Slayer
Arch Enemy
Black Dahlia Murder
Pig Destroyer
Necrophagist
Dream Theater
Black Sabbath
Dark Tranquillity
Entombed
Sepultura
Death
Sentenced
Opeth
Anthrax
Obituary
Nevermore
Mors Principium Est
Kalmah
Wintersun
Insomnium
Kreator
Gardenian
The Duskfall
Helloween
The Haunted
Carcass
Nile
At The Gates
Morbid Angel
Nightrage

I would go on but i think thats enough

DemoMCN
01-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Immortal
The Gathering
Within Temptation
Theatre of Tragedy
Iron Maiden
Opeth
Tristania
Nightwish (Before Anette, some good songs with her though)
And many, many, many more.

I JUST D0 WORK
01-31-2011, 05:11 AM
Im not a huge fan of metal but i do like the occasional Slipknot (growing up my brother listened to them). I've always loved their sound. And idk if their considered metal but the band HIM. They have so many deep songs gotta love them

Andreas_loel
01-31-2011, 02:32 PM
I listen to more metalcore/Post hardcore bands like

Silverstein
Alezana
A Day to remember
Bullet for my valentine
All that remains
Still remains <3 RIP

Capn Vladimir
02-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Mastodon is pretty good, especially in the field of progressive metal

Beard Death
02-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Behemoth
Conducting From the Grave
Children of Bodom
Slayer
Dying Fetus

Damage Done
02-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I mostly prefer death metal but I enjoy most genres of metal, except symphonic and deathcore. Some of my favourite bands are:
Tool
Vital Remains
Nile
Misery Index
Mastodon
Metallica
Exodus
Periphery
Slayer
Suicidal Tendencies
Akercocke
Amon Amarth
At the Gates
Benighted

I could go on but the list would get rather large.

TehClownsta
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Lately I've been listening to Epica, Blind Guardian, Heaven and Hell, Machine Head, Between the Buried and Me, and Triptykon. Can't really say my favorite bands, that's a very hard choice.

CYKlone
02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Megadeth
Metallica (83-89)
Nightwish
Warpath
Evile
Motorhead
Diamondhead
Stratovarius
Powerglove

Ronnie86
02-15-2011, 05:53 PM
dying fetus
whitechapel
bloodbath
belphegor
necrophagist

xXxDave69prxXx
02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
i got to say Iron Maiden,Black Saba,Metallica,Poison,Guns And Roses,Bon Jovy,Osy Osborne,Monlly Crew

Hav0c
02-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Metallica would be my fav

ZackNovak
02-25-2011, 01:34 AM
In Flames
Trivium
Killswitch Engage
Opeth
The Black Dahlia Murder
Behemoth
:rock:rock

Kilmapunk
02-28-2011, 01:07 AM
System of a Down
Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
A Day to Remember
Motley Crue........................stuff like that

Kilmapunk
02-28-2011, 01:09 AM
@xXxDave69prxXx i dont know how i forgot Guns n Roses, i guess i was thinking of what i think is metal, when i think of metal i think of metallica and pantera.. stuff like that

Smoochy
02-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't care for much metal anymore, but a few of my favorites are:

Cattle Decapitation
Beneath The Massacre
Skinless

FilmAndMusicMan
03-02-2011, 05:11 AM
Metallica
Queensr˙che
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth
Helloween
Manowar
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Black Sabbath
Motörhead

Pieville
03-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't really like Metal that much but I do like:
DIsturbed
ADTR
3 Inches of Blood
Motorhead

And I know this isn't metal but I like the Punk-Rock band: The Offspring.

Rahnay
03-04-2011, 02:42 PM

Agreed. Here's mine:

Dream Theater
Iron Maiden
Kamelot
Mastodon
Opeth
Tool
Slipknot
Trivium
Metallica
Megadeth

:rock

xdisturbedx666
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Slipknot
Trivium
Disturbed
Suicide Silence
Metallica
All That Remains
FFDP
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
The Devil Wears Prada

evanclaw
03-05-2011, 01:12 PM
loving this topic being a huge rock and metal fan

best metal bands are in the perticuler order

1.METALLICA
2.DISTURBED
3.AVENGED SEVENFOLD
4.IRON MAIDEN
5.BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
6.GODSMACK
7.MOTLEY CRUE
8.PAPA ROACH ( i know more rock than metal)
9.TRIVIUM
10.RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

xIMsL
03-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Meshuggah, Machine Head, Periphery, Scar Symmetry, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and many more. If I going to say every favourite metal band it will be like a novel

NeuroticAlias
03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I like a variety of bands from Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath right upto a lot of newer bands,Opeth,Lamb of God etc.
Also,White Zombie,
AC/DC,
Rush,
Korn (Early stuff's better),
Danzig,
etc....

Blood Wolf347
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Killswitch Engage
ETHS
Korn
As I Lay Dying
Atreyu
Godsmack
B4MV

MaGna720
03-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Where's all the pornogore love? In all seriousness though, I do enjoy metal to a great extent, but mostly technical death metal and progressive metal (combining the two into progressive death metal is pretty awesome). Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, Arsis, Atheist, Cynic, Death, all the classics (of progressive death metal) and plenty of new stuff too.

phodie
03-08-2011, 06:10 PM
After the Burial, The Contortionist, Volumes...what i've been listening to lately for metal. Oh and the Plot in You

ColtoN899
03-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Slipknot! I'm gonna see them for the second time at Sonisphere this summer.

Dudeguy12zxq
03-19-2011, 10:25 PM
I have to go with Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu, Carnifex, Metallica, and Mudvayne

NeuroticAlias
03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Slipknot! I'm gonna see them for the second time at Sonisphere this summer.

Ha ha,might see you there! For my third time!:woop:

TVC613
03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Just strated listening to Kataklysm because of some friend's recomendations. What songs are good by them?

KillerChris8814
03-21-2011, 12:42 PM
And I know this isn't metal but I like the Punk-Rock band: The Offspring.
Technically they aren't punk either they're pop-punk. Pretty okay though. Anyway on topic DevilDriver, Coal Chamber, Pantera, Motorhead, Megadeth are my top 5.

GNB
03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Metallica (the classic stuff like and justice for all, ride the lightning, etc..)
Rage Against the Machine
White Zombie

Volzagia
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
i think ill hesitantly list my faves tough i fear ill get flamed for the being either not true metal or being too comercial, but here goes...

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
BREAKING BENJAMIN (THE BEST)
DISTURBED
MUDVAYNE
THREE DAYS GRACE

AND FINALLY.. MARYLIN MANSON.
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock
Your kidding right? C'mon your kidding...
Please tell me your kidding....

Aeroglyphix
03-27-2011, 09:31 PM
1. Black Sabbath
2. Iron Maiden
3. Judas Priest
4. The Scorpions
5. Metallica

bwettfett
03-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Judas Priest
All That Remains
Avenged Sevenfold
Iron Maiden
Warmen
Megadeth
Metallica
Between the buried and me
Scorpions
Dio

All great bands.

NeuroticAlias
03-30-2011, 06:28 AM
Forgot to include Mastodon.Superb band!

StillTIPPIN187
03-31-2011, 01:50 AM

Bullet = metal.

Atreyu = 1 heavy album- A Deathgrip on yesterday.

A Day to remember = heard a few random semi heavy song.. most was screamy stuff.

Silverstein = no

My favs?

Lamb of God (ashes of the wake era but i can get into their other shit as well)

Through the eyes of the dead (Malice Era)

Job For A Cowboy (Genesis Era)

As Blood Runs Black (allegiance era)

Shadows Fall (war within era, but i also like the majority of their other stuff)

Parkway Drive (like all their shit equall pretty much.. Horizons got me into em though)

I like a bunch of other shit as long as the bands sound stands out.. Hate generic "metal" bands that try to act hard but just do that breakdown crap throughout the whole song with a high pitched screamy singer wining throughout the whole song.

k3ndykane
03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Right now I would have to say:

3 Inches of Blood
Zimmers Hole
Gojira
Cavalera Conspiracy
Hatebreed
Metallica
Rammstein
System of a Down
Dethklok
Apocalyptica

Memento Mori
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Inevitably I will forget someone off this list that I would like to have on it. And maybe down the line there'll someone on this list that I would no longer have on this list (for example, Soilwork is an old favourite that I rarely listen to these days).

And overall, I'd probably say I'd have quite little I'd list as a favourite, but a fair range that I can happily listen to.

Anyway, here goes with the current faves.

Five Finger Death Punch
Tarot
Nightwish
Rammstein
Disturbed

Got a few others like BFMV and Metallica that aren't quite favourites, but aren't also rans either.

trev82us
04-01-2011, 03:48 AM
used to listen to these constantly, Machine Head, Slayer, Soulfly, Spineshank, Fear Factory, Korn, RATM, SOAD, but im pore into punk for the last ten years or so

PunkDoom13
04-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Metallica
Motorhead
Slayer
Slipknot
Alice In Chains
Pantera
Dragonforce
Disturbed
Stone Sour
Cradle Of Filth
Killswitch Engage
Avenged Sevenfold
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath
DIO
Black Label Society

ShawnSig
04-07-2011, 03:15 AM
I just started listening to Nightrage(Melo-death) and Goatwhore(Death Metal). Both pretty good bands, only listened to one Nightrage album "Descent Into Chaos" and one Goatwhore album "Carving Out The Eyes Of God".

k3ndykane
04-07-2011, 05:39 AM
^ I saw Goatwhore open for 3 Inches of Blood a while back, they are pretty good imo, my friend LOVED them though :)

alecslaptop100
04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
I am more of a heavy metal and thrash metal guy
I listen to bands like Iron maiden, Metallica(My favorite band in the world), Slayer, megadeth, disturbed, Testament, exodus, korn, dethklok, anthrax
Kiss, Ozzy etc

OzzyJericho
05-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Motorhead
Slipknot
Anthrax
Pantera
Black Label Society
Killswitch Engage
Iron Maiden

DucknahEireann
05-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Would Rage Against The Machine be a metal band? If so they are immense. Truthfully im into proper punk music. No rich kids thinking they are punk because they wear tartan trousers and a studded jacket. Fuckin' fakers looking for the $$$. Up The PUNX. :drunk

stabyourcat
05-15-2011, 07:23 PM
If I to round up a favorite 5 I would go with....

Neurosis
Pig Destroyer
High on Fire
Converge
Eyehategod

Errrrrr... Electric Wizard as well.

gromitSWE
05-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Pantera
Lamb of god
... And more

ZedChuva
05-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Classic stuff:

Annihilator
Metallica (pre Black)
Megadeth (pre Jesus)
Slayer
Testament
Anthrax
Overkill
Exodus
GWAR
Flotsam and Jetsam

Current stuff:

Between The Buried And Me (fave)
Killswitch Engage
Lamb Of God
Protest The Hero
Tesseract
Periphery
Veil Of Maya
The Faceless
As I Lay Dying

I'm leaving out a ton. Don't really have a "set favorite" per se. I'd say BTBAM and GWAR are my two favorite bands, but I don't pedestal any one band over another. I prefer heavy technical metal. Really, the only genre of Metal I don't like is Black Metal. Just too silly. And if you count it as a genre (which I don't), Rap Metal... GUH... just utter shitte.

JohnP
05-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Avenged Sevenfold
Killswitch Engage
Three Days Grace
Terror
The Ghost Inside

mileko101
05-29-2011, 11:34 AM
MEGADETH - (countdown to extinctsion album my fav)
IRON MAIDEN
OZZY
JUDAS PRIEST - (love defenders of the faith)

and of course W.A.S.P

OH and i like alice cooper

fatalcthulhu666
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
i like black,death,grind,,
1. misery index
2.malevolent creation
3.lich king
4.legion of the damned
5.korpiklaani
6.impaled nazarene
7.finntroll
8.amon amarth
that some to many to list:)

KingOfRap
06-02-2011, 03:12 AM
my favorite metal band is Hollywood Undead they tha best

KillswitchSkull
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Slipknot
Metallica
Slayer
Motorhead
Anthrax
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Killswitch Engage
System Of A Down

Dudeguy12zxq
07-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Metallica
Bullet For My Valentine
As I Lay Dying
Pantera
Avenged Sevenfold

thedors
07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Obituary
Suicidal Tendencies
Venom
Bathory
Dying Fetus
Death
Malevolent Creation
Vital Remains
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Celtic Frost
Deicide
Vomitory
Kreator
Overkill
Sodom
Testament
Krisiun
Cryptopsy
Kataklysm

These are just a few of my favorites by the way :p.
I've seem most of those live in some form or another. I'd have to add Emperor, Impaled Nazarene, Immortal, Hatebreed and Pitchshifter to that list though.

NeuroticAlias
07-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Also been getting into Kyuss again after seeing them recently.

kaseywc98
07-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Korn or Judas Priest.

Coadster1
07-21-2011, 07:08 PM
In no order

Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet for My Valentine
Pantera
Underoath
All That Remains
Bring Me the Horizon
August Burns Red
The Devil Wears Prada

Not as huge metal fan like I used to be, but these bands are alright. Not sure if you would classify all of them as 'metal' though. You could go more into detail, but whatever.

Dodo191077
07-22-2011, 03:47 PM
korn
foo fighters
metallica
alter bridge
hammerfall

Burning Karma
07-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Also been getting into Kyuss again after seeing them recently.
As Kyuss Lives!? Are they worth seeing that way? I'm thinking about catching them when they come by here later in the year.

Kirov3577
07-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Lately my favorite metal bands have been..

Opeth
Between the Buried and Me
All Shall Perish

Other than them...

The Devin Townsend Project
Fair to Midland

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-05-2011, 11:01 PM
metallica, bullet for my valentine, all that remains

NeuroticAlias
08-06-2011, 09:30 AM
As Kyuss Lives!? Are they worth seeing that way? I'm thinking about catching them when they come by here later in the year.

Definately! The new guitarist is no Josh,but hey,Garcia,Olivieri and Bjork more than make up for it!

I IVIuTanT I
08-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Iron Maiden, Megadeth, D.R.I., Vio-Lence, Kreator, Death and so on and so on.

The94thHour
08-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Made apparent by my gamertag, As I Lay Dying is one of my favorites. I also enjoy August Burns Red, For Today, The Acacia Strain, War of Ages, Whitechapel, Miss May I, old Killswitch Engage, Between the Buried and Me, Parkway Drive, Motionless in White, Born of Osiris, The Crimson Armada, and A Bullet for Pretty Boy just to name a few. I also play in a metalcore band called Behold the Reckoning which people should check out. Non-metal acts I enjoy are bands like Close Your Eyes, A Day to Remember, CKY, Coldplay, Clutch, Madina Lake, Saosin, and Elvis Presley.

ForBidMe
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Avenged Sevenfold. No arguments!

atomic viking54
08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
wow people like a lot of crappy bands...

August Burns Red
The Plot in You
Parkway Drive
All Shall Perish
The Acacia Strain
Whitechappel (old stuff)

Spade.
08-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Metallica, Megadeth, Underoath.

Purified666
08-22-2011, 12:29 AM
1) KoRn
2) Slipknot
3) Amon Amarth
4) SOAD
5) Metallica

and will you metalheads stop arguing about whts more metal, damn, just listen to what you like, it all comes from the main stream and it branches down. -_- hate the fact that everyone wants to me more metal then the other... just listen to what you like and if you dont like it, just leave it be.

Metalheads Unite!

HauntedKilla666
08-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Havok
Megadeth
Slayer
its a stretch but Buckethead

rawsewage
08-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Manilla Road
Bolt Thrower
Black majesty
Abraxas
Anubis gate
axehammer
Cauldron Born
Malice
Lizzy Borden amongst many others

Zydrate Junkie
09-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Death metal - Entombed, Dismember, Grave, Unleashed (aka the Big Four of Swedeath!), Bloodbath, Vader, Blood Red Throne, Torture Division, The Project Hate, Demiurg, Vomitory..... (this could go on for quite a while)

Melodeath - Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Amorphis, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, Miseration, Solution .45, Allegaeon, Edge of Sanity, Kalmah, Hypocrisy, Skyfire, The Crown...... (this could also go on for quite some time)

Symphonic/melodic - Epica, After Forever, ReVamp, Nightwish, Sirenia, Tristania, Flowing Tears, Within Temptation, Delain

Other - Paradise Lost, PAIN, Blood Stain Child, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian

I could name a bunch more, that's just off the top of my head. And no, that's not every band I listen to... those are just my FAVORITES.

TeamProdjectD
09-08-2011, 12:55 AM
In Flames, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, Solution.45, Iced Earth, Coal Chamber, Fear Factory, Firewind, this could go on FOREVER!

A Scary Demon
09-08-2011, 01:28 AM
parkway drive
disturbed
i killed the prom queen
buried in verona
in flames

theres heaps more bands but i dont wanna name them all

Jayouken
09-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Deftones are my favorite band although they fall under "Nu-Metal"

Parkway Drive, I Killed the Prom Queen, Scar Symmetry, August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada, Vanna, Oceano, Emmure, Suicide Silence, Korn, Hatebreed & far, far too many more for me to mention.

I know some of them are considered Deathcore & Metalcore but I really can't be arsed splitting hairs & leaving certain bands out.

Fai1cookie
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, seven dust, slipknot, stone sour, disturbed. Yeah. Good stuff man

Bearded Bugs
09-13-2011, 01:02 AM
wow people like a lot of crappy bands...

Says the guy who likes The Acacia Strain, All Shall Perish, August Burns Red etc. :rolleyes:

Unforgiven215
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
1. Gamma Ray
2. Helloween
3. Iron Maiden
4. Blind Guardian
5. Avantasia

TeamProdjectD
09-17-2011, 10:17 PM
I just heard Animals As Leaders, they are badass. Instrumental only but VERY technical.

Bearded Bugs
09-18-2011, 12:29 AM
I just heard Animals As Leaders, they are badass. Instrumental only but VERY technical.

They played near here a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic band.