PDA

View Full Version : Appearing Offline.....

rattlesnake
10-24-2010, 01:22 PM
When i appear offline, people say that they can tell i am, is there anyway to chnage this so they don't know.

Also when appearing offline is there away to stop the game changing when you go on a different game.

Bleeding Star
10-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Nope, no way at all, you might as well just be online

rattlesnake
10-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Is there a way then to stop it from constantly saying 1 min ago

Bleeding Star
10-24-2010, 01:31 PM
As long as you do are doing something on the xbox it's going to keep updating. After all you are still online and connected to live, just not showing it to your friends

Only way I see you getting what you want is buy disconnecting from live and playing offline, it won't then update what you've been playing until you connect to XBLive again

rattlesnake
10-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Its just i have two groups of people who hate each other, and if i talk to one i get messages of each.

Its just a way i was thinking of to split the time i spend with each.

Bleeding Star
10-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Only solution is get the groups to just deal with it, you could set your status to busy as I believe that stops message notifications. That or just play not connected to live

siamese snake
10-24-2010, 01:40 PM
The only way is to hide your game info (ie achievements) or disconnect from live altogether.

Genesis x360a
10-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Have you tryed changing it in Privacy setting? Im sure theres a setting in there that lets you appear offline to your friends at all times. That might sort of the updating. I sometimes appear offline and the only thing it updates is the game if i change it and thats it.

rattlesnake
10-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Does that keep the time at the end of your name?

Shelton
10-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Does that keep the time at the end of your name?
What you need to do, is appear offline before even signing in. Go to preferences, "Appear Offline" then sign in. If you had not signed in for a day previously, it will say "Last online one day ago". Changing games is a giveaway however, as it will update your last played game. Might need to fix your privacy settings if it is that big of a problem.

rattlesnake
10-24-2010, 03:07 PM
If you send a message when appearing offline does it change your offline time to a min, cause thats what ive just been told.

Shelton
10-24-2010, 03:22 PM
If you send a message when appearing offline does it change your offline time to a min, cause thats what ive just been told.
No. Do not go on Xbox.com though, as it is exactly the same as being online. When you get off the site, it will say "Last online 1 minute ago".

rattlesnake
10-24-2010, 04:03 PM
so if i appear offline without being on xbox.com it will not show that i am online 1 min ago anymore.

SSJ3
10-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I just deal with it and just say it glitched.

Ryot Control
10-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Your, "Friends" already know that you play offline, so there is only one thing you can do, and that is hang out with who you want when you feel like it and make them deal with it. You have to accept that if you want date stamps, you have to play online and deal with your friend issues.

Regardless of what you do on xbox, wither it be on the computer or on the console, if you are linked to your GT, your status will update. It's up to you to decide which is less annoying to you now because you cannot change how xbox works. Would you rather have no datestamp on your achievements, or have your so called friends pepper you with messages about how much don't want to share you with anyone. (Sexual innuendo or not, however you want to imply it.)

Oh and internet drama? Take it from a guy who knows better; it's not that big a deal when you think of it. What are your "Friends" going to do if you hang out with your other friends? Take you off their friends list? Send you more messages? Whoop de do. Screw em then, they're not good friends for you then anyway.

I guarantee you that you're just going to get a bunch of following posts saying, "Deal with it." It's not bad advice.

Shelton
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
so if i appear offline without being on xbox.com it will not show that i am online 1 min ago anymore.
Not if you weren't online 1 minute ago. :p Friend request yourself with a second tag and check it out, it works. As long as you don't get any achievements/change game, people won't be able to tell that you are online.

F Swan
10-24-2010, 08:01 PM
I change my options on xbox.com to always appear offline, and no 1 seems to know I'm online, unless I get an achievement and they have noticed I got one.
This way even if I go on xbox.com or on my 360 I'm always showing offline, even on mygamercard it says cannot update online status.