PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bluff Achievement Glitched ??

Zombie Pirate T
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
I cannot get this achievement to unlock in public or private poker game. I have cleared my cache and retried it with friends but no achievement. Is anyone else having trouble with this one ????

Arrogus
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM
seem to be having the same issue...
can't figure it out...

MartyMcFly
10-25-2010, 03:50 AM
Hmm, I'm not really sure what to tell you that could fix it, but you're 100% sure you're doing it right?

I don't know if it has to be after the flop or what, but I know I got it somewhere during the flop, turn, or river.

Make sure it's head to head with 1 other person and you cause them to fold by making a bet even though you have the better hand (but there's no way for you to really know that).

You can have other people in the game, but I think it has to be just you and another person in the hand at once for the achievement.

cydine
10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Not unlocking for me either. Latest title update to blame?

LORDHALO12
10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Won't unlock for me either

Reaper ECG
10-27-2010, 02:33 AM
My friend and I tried to get this yesterday aswell and had no luck.

cydine
10-27-2010, 07:14 AM
I've emailed rockstar support so let's see what they say...

NinJaSword
10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Hopefully someone figures this out as I have had no luck getting the achievement as well. I guess I shouldn't have waited this long to try for it.

thehuskerfan
10-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Not working for me today either.. very frustrating.

knaus86
10-29-2010, 11:07 AM
same here. tried several times in several different games. nothing

cydine
10-29-2010, 02:21 PM
'In a van down by the river' also doesn't seem to be unlocking.

Still no reply from rockstar support....

Mr Fiddler
10-29-2010, 04:32 PM
'In a van down by the river' also doesn't seem to be unlocking.

Still no reply from rockstar support....
Any reports of the Poker Ace achievement having problems?

cydine
10-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Any reports of the Poker Ace achievement having problems?

Hmm yes. Not good getting 6 people together and boosting for half an hour to find out it won't unlock either...

leonid4d
10-30-2010, 05:58 AM
the same crap:( I think, maybe copying multiplayer save to flash, then deleting it from xbox and starting new game could help. But i havent tried it yet.

JRV5207
10-30-2010, 10:19 AM
it hasnt work for me either this is frustrating

SpeleoFool
10-30-2010, 10:58 PM
'In a van down by the river' also doesn't seem to be unlocking...
I got "in a van..." to unlock last night in a private match. Seems you need two things to happen: 1, you need the river card to change your fortune (meaning the 5th card to turn up suddenly gives you a better hand), and 2, you need the hand to go to a showdown (meaning you flip up your cards and compare--don't have everyone fold). I'm not sure if you also need to knock the other person out of the game, but that's what happened when I got the achievement.

The "Big Bluff" on the other hand, I have no idea. I've tried a bunch of different things and no luck so far.

aubrey
10-30-2010, 11:08 PM
In a van worked fine for me about two hours ago, but as for the big bluff me n a friend tried this for two hours and no luck whatsoever.

I'm pretty annoyed as I really wanna complete this game. Any suggestions please post.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Is here anybody who has already unlocked the achievement?
What criteria did you follow? :confused:

Ibanez V7
10-31-2010, 03:26 AM
The last time this achievement was unlocked was on October 20th, according to TA which is a reliable source.

So, like someone has already mentioned, the latest title update (which I guarantee you was on the 20th) has glitched this. Not the first time an update has glitched previously working achievements.

NinJaSword
10-31-2010, 03:31 AM
Lets hope they address this problem, because that would be insanely retarded to not be able to complete the game. Especially for those who manage to get the other more crap poker achievements. Has anyone tried resetting your cache and trying just basic system link? I wonder if that would work.

cydine
10-31-2010, 08:56 AM
I got "in a van..." to unlock last night in a private match. Seems you need two things to happen: 1, you need the river card to change your fortune (meaning the 5th card to turn up suddenly gives you a better hand), and 2, you need the hand to go to a showdown (meaning you flip up your cards and compare--don't have everyone fold). I'm not sure if you also need to knock the other person out of the game, but that's what happened when I got the achievement.

In a van worked fine for me about two hours ago, but as for the big bluff me n a friend tried this for two hours and no luck whatsoever.

Good to know. I'll try it again later. Hopefully Poker Ace is OK as well.

Still no reply from Rockstar Support. Poor show. Maybe everyone else should contact them as well?

SpeleoFool
10-31-2010, 07:57 PM
The last time this achievement was unlocked was on October 20th, according to TA which is a reliable source.
Careful, though. TA also turned off scanning for this game as of xbox.com's site redesign. The new format is giving TA problems when a game has secret achievements in both the original achievement set and in DLC. Also, TA mentioned something about no more timestamps on achievements.

Anyway, with scanning turned off, none of the RDR achievements will show as having been obtained since then. So we can't use that as evidence that the achievement is not obtainable now, although it does suggest that the achievement was unlockable up at at least the 20th.

I keep wondering if maybe they changed something. Maybe it has to be Public now? Maybe you need more than 2 playerts now? I've talked to a few people who unlocked this previously and it used to be stupid-easy to get. It definitely is not stupid-easy now. I've tried every solution I could think of short of random Public matches with strangers and Big Bluff is not unlocking.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Is there a thread about this glitch on Social Club?
I couldn't find it. As long as Rockstar doesn't know anything about it, nothing will change.
I hope they can fix it and don't screw it up! :eek: :uzi:

Pine Reaper
11-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Yes TA has stopped scanning of RDR until he can figure a way around Secret cheeves in DLC. I started RDR after that announcement, currently have 1160GS, but none scanned by TA. So not a reliable source at the moment for the last award for Big Bluff

OT: Just been trying this tonight in Public Free Roam, and this will not unlock

We tried folding with just 2 cards, when one was clearly superior. I folded on the river after my partner went all in. I had a Full house King High.

No cheeve. We tried for over an hour folding at different points in the draw. No luck

In a Van. Popped 1st time!

Slim Pizza Boy
11-01-2010, 05:18 PM
its glitched

Pine Reaper
11-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Reply to Chrisw427 from R* after reporting the glitched cheeve

http://support.rockstargames.com/help/rockstar_games/rdr_thebigbluff

Guess its just a matter of waiting

JRV5207
11-03-2010, 06:36 AM
thankz rockstar for a least admitting the achievement is glitched

Andreas_loel
11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
means me and my friend can quit trying now then

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I got the glitched I am Bad Company achievement fixed days ago. And now I get another glitched achievement! :mad:
I really really really hope that Rockstar can fix it and not let us down.

Pine Reaper
11-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah, will add it to the list of glitched cheeves I'm waiting to get done. I won't start to worry till its my last cheeve of the game though.

LanceX
11-05-2010, 02:48 AM
big bluff is definently glitched still

Derrock
11-05-2010, 03:15 AM
big bluff is definently glitched still

yes... =( very sad...

Pine Reaper
11-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I've had an email from R* support asking me to clear my cache, try the achievement, and get back to them.

It didn't work, and I am waiting for a reply after telling them exactly what I did to go for the achievement.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I've had an email from R* support asking me to clear my cache, try the achievement, and get back to them.

That is the same nonsense standard answer when you're asking supports.

JRV5207
11-07-2010, 06:06 AM
well just waiting for this achievement to get fix for my 1500 gamerscore

Darkness_SJD
11-08-2010, 06:28 AM
well just waiting for this achievement to get fix for my 1500 gamerscore

yep, me too

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I hope they fix it in november yet.
Want my 1500!

Pine Reaper
11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
No reply from R* so have emailed them again today. Will send another message to support site if no reply in a couple of days

GMichaelC
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
I did not try for this achievement when it originally came out but purchased Liars and Cheats the same time I purchased the Undead pack. What if you deleted both of these from your HD and then only downloaded the Liars and Cheats pack. Would this fix the glitch since it was apparently obtainable before the Undead DLC? If anyone has tried this, please respond b/c I would like to know if it has worked.

MediumMelanin
11-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Yep, this achievement's definitely glitched! :/

Where's the damn fix Rockstar Games?!

Nima Astrouskij
11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Puh, I'm glad that I got the achievement before it glitched.

Pine Reaper
11-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I did not try for this achievement when it originally came out but purchased Liars and Cheats the same time I purchased the Undead pack. What if you deleted both of these from your HD and then only downloaded the Liars and Cheats pack. Would this fix the glitch since it was apparently obtainable before the Undead DLC? If anyone has tried this, please respond b/c I would like to know if it has worked.

Ill try that after I get my last Undead cheeve, but I think it might be a problem with the title update you get when you start the game up. But worth a shot

punkska183
11-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Any updates on this?

ThunderingLefty
11-15-2010, 11:49 PM
I only have 2 online achievements left and really want this done so I can start the single player.

General Valtiel
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
I hope Rockstar won't play it Valve style and give up the update to fix this...

That's the last damn achievement I need...

Redeemed Hitman
11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
i have a friend who got the achievement after the update but IDK how. I have spent several hours with no success

Pine Reaper
11-16-2010, 07:11 PM
The email I recieved from R* today

Achievements, like trophies on a PS3, are handled exclusively on the network of the console provider.

Kind regards,
Ian
Technical Support

So no help there. I don't have a M$ email to query with them. But I'm pretty sure they will just say it is up to R* to fix

usa@rockstarsupport.com is the address if anyone else wants to have a go. Maybe you will get someone more helpful than Ian here

Ibanez V7
11-17-2010, 06:54 AM
I hope Rockstar won't play it Valve style and give up the update to fix this...

That's the last damn achievement I need...

Rockstar at least admitted title update 1.05 corrupted the achievement. Valve style, as you put, is to simply remain oblivious to the existence of such problems.

Then release another DLC add-on with the exact same problem.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I'd say that the next title update will come with the Undead nightmare retail disc

Pine Reaper
11-20-2010, 11:06 AM
My latest email from R*

Thanks for reporting this issue about the The Big BuffTrophy/Achievement.
Although this is not a known problem, we will test to make sure it unlocks
properly and we will also keep an eye out for further reports by other
players. If any issues are found, we will post an article immediately on
support.rockstargames.com and update it frequently with the most current
information.

In the meantime, we recommend consulting online guides and forums where
players who have unlocked this Trophy/Achievement may have advice.

If you are having an issue with trophies that relates to your PS3/PSN
profiles, we recommend contacting Sony/Microsoft Customer Support directly.
If you are still having an issue after that, please let us know and provide
the following:

1. Full Name

2. PSN ID/Gamertag

3. Email used to register for PlaystationRNetwork/Xbox Live

4. Sony/Microsoft Case Reference #

Best Regards,
Michael
Technical Support

Ian from techincal support also forwarded a paragraph I supplied regarding the achievement to "non customer facing" entities.

I still hope the fix will come with the release of the stand-alone disc, but I'd still like something solid as it is still a week away.

Gliedfurunkel
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
I hope, the update will come quite soon ... Meanwhile I will try to get some people for boosting Poker-Ace and Compulsive liar ;-)

Daaanty
11-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Here's to hoping for an update tomorrow when the disc releases for Undead Nightmare.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Here's to hoping for an update tomorrow when the disc releases for Undead Nightmare.

Are there any news from R* that they're releasing an update?

Daaanty
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Are there any news from R* that they're releasing an update?

i haven't heard personally, maybe someone else here could fill us in? :Bounce:

Pine Reaper
11-23-2010, 01:13 AM
No replies again to my email. I'll leave it another day, and if still nothing I'll bug the guy I've been trying to get an answer from, again.

thehuskerfan
11-23-2010, 08:02 AM
I just received an email from R*, and the guy that got back to me seems to be unaware of this glitch which is a little unnerving!!

"There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with this achievement, look for online guides to try and figure out how to do this.

Kind regards,
Paul

Technical Support"

Park Diesel
11-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Maybe those of you whom have contacted R* about this could throw up some email addresses or website addresses. If they are bombarded by emails from us gamers they may take the matter a little more seriously instead of assuming that you just don't know how to unlock it.

Pine Reaper
11-23-2010, 09:47 AM
usa@rockstarsupport.com is the address if anyone else wants to have a go. Maybe you will get someone more helpful than Ian here

I already did :)

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
"There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with this achievement, look for online guides to try and figure out how to do this.

Kind regards,
Paul

Technical Support"

bump!
anyway, are there forums on the rockstar, RDR or social club websites? we could spam there too

SpeleoFool
11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
For whatever it's worth, this is on Social Club:

Question
While playing poker in Liars and Cheat, I forced someone with a better hand to fold but "The Big Bluff" achievement did not unlock. How can I get this achievement?

Answer
We are aware that this achievement may not be unlocking properly for some players after Title Update 1.05. We are currently working on this issue and are planning to fix this in a future Title Update.

We will be updating this article when there is more information about the timing of the fix.

--

I had reported this problem via the support email shortly after my old posts here, but basically got no response. I was stopping by today to see if there were any updates, but it doesn't sound like it. I'm going to ping their support email again to see if they have anything new to say, or at least remind them that their game is broken....

Ibanez V7
11-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Unless they've got a reason for a game update, I don't think they'll ever fix this for a single 5G achievement.

farah540
11-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Its called remove all updates from your console and do system link offline to get it.....

Park Diesel
11-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Its called remove all updates from your console and do system link offline to get it.....

What do you mean? Like Left 4 Dead's Crash Course or with 2 actual consoles? Can anyone confirm that this does indeed work?

Firdaus800
11-26-2010, 09:19 AM
What do you mean? Like Left 4 Dead's Crash Course or with 2 actual consoles? Can anyone confirm that this does indeed work?

I think he means linking two separate consoles. In any case, I don't think it would work since there were reportedly System Link problems that Rockstar fixed with a patch hours after the game came out (see http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/19/red-dead-redemption-system-link-problems-patched/). So it looks like deleting all title updates would restore those System Link problems.

What I'd like to know is if anyone who bought the Undead Nightmare stand-alone disc tried to get the Big Bluff achievement and, if so, whether they were able to get it.

Daaanty
11-27-2010, 02:32 AM
For those that want to know. Myself and Edouken tried the system link with no title updates. Poker is not a game that you can play unless you have one of the title updates. So therefore it cannot be done until R* fixes it.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-27-2010, 04:54 PM
It seems like R* released all dlcs and the undead retail pack and think theyre done with this game and dont care anymore :(

II ClasseY II
11-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I was just playing with someone to get the "In A Van Down By The River" achievement and he also unlocked "The Big Bluff"!
He was however using the undead nightmare disc.

PonySl4ystation
11-27-2010, 10:42 PM
I tried this last night with another person, for an hour with no succsess! Is there any update when this will be fixed??????

Daaanty
11-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I was just playing with someone to get the "In A Van Down By The River" achievement and he also unlocked "The Big Bluff"!

look slike we need to get our hands on the undead nightmare disc. good thing Gamestop has that 7 day return for any reason on used games. :woop:

FawkCue
11-28-2010, 12:20 AM
I can confirm this absolutely does work with the undead nightmare disc. If you want it bad enough like I did, you'll just have to go rent it.

PonySl4ystation
11-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Cheers mate, looks like im going to have yo bite thr bullet and buy the fucker!

Firdaus800
11-28-2010, 01:29 AM

Listen, man. If you're right, I bestow all the possible love in the universe upon you. Thank you for sharing this. You're an angel.

Please try to verify the unlocking bit for yourself. Once again, thank you.

If this doesn't work, please forgive me for hunting your ass down and skinning you just like in the game. It's all in good fun. :)

Firdaus800
11-28-2010, 01:31 AM
I can confirm this absolutely does work with the undead nightmare disc. If you want it bad enough like I did, you'll just have to go rent it.

One more angel. It's guys like you who make the website tick. If this works, I'll personally see to it that both of you have statues made in your names. You absolute legends.

I only have these 5 points to go. If this works, make no mistake: I'm willing to help you guys with whatever so long as I'm online. And I always keep my word.

Hurball
11-28-2010, 01:37 AM
This is a joke, Rockstar not even accepting that the achievement is glitched. And they've not even bothered updating the Avatar Awards yet.

Edit:
Seems they have noticed it after all, and say a fix is being worked on.

nakedLEE
11-28-2010, 09:47 AM

I can confirm this as I was that 'someone'!

The best part of it was, I wasn't even trying for it, I just went 'all in' as I was trying to end the game.

I only bought the Undead Nightmare disk yesterday so it would seem it works with the disc and not for anyone who downloaded the dlc off the dashboard.

II ClasseY II
11-28-2010, 04:20 PM
I can confirm this as I was that 'someone'!

The best part of it was, I wasn't even trying for it, I just went 'all in' as I was trying to end the game.

I only bought the Undead Nightmare disk yesterday so it would seem it works with the disc and not for anyone who downloaded the dlc off the dashboard.

Sorry mate. Didn't mean to generalise as just 'someone', I just didn't want to go naming names, incase you got bombarded with messages asking "how did you get it?" etc etc.

nakedLEE
11-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry mate. Didn't mean to generalise as just 'someone', I just didn't want to go naming names, incase you got bombarded with messages asking "how did you get it?" etc etc.

No worries mate!

I'm not saying anyone would call you a liar for saying somebody got the achievement but at least if anyone looks at my gamercard, they can see that I have got it.

Firdaus800
11-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks to II ClasseY II, FawkCue and nakedLEE for the heads up. I just got this using the Undead Nightmare Collection disc so I can confirm this works as well.

This was the last achievement I needed. 1500/1500, finally. :)

bassbrahhh
11-29-2010, 08:54 PM
im happy this was discovered but not so great that for $40 i can earn a 5 point achievement. rockstar better fix this shit im not about to buy the disc when i just bought the same dlc a few weeks ago. ill hold out for a bit longer for a fix...if not ill wait for a used disc then return it. but jeese do i love paying full price for dlc that doesnt work properly. (left 4 dead, army of 2, red dead) :(

Daaanty
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
im happy this was discovered but not so great that for $40 i can earn a 5 point achievement. rockstar better fix this shit im not about to buy the disc when i just bought the same dlc a few weeks ago. ill hold out for a bit longer for a fix...if not ill wait for a used disc then return it. but jeese do i love paying full price for dlc that doesnt work properly. (left 4 dead, army of 2, red dead) :(

there's always gamefly. a friend of mine that has gamefly is snagging the disc for me. i mean the achievement would take 5 minutes if you're boosting.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-30-2010, 05:47 PM
bumpbumpbump

Park Diesel
12-01-2010, 10:21 PM
The disc does indeed work, just for further confirmation. Thank you GameStop! Now I'm off to return the used disc.

KongQuest
12-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Edit: deleted

wildwest08
12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
they know the glitch and enough people still play it that they will fix it

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-05-2010, 12:53 AM
they know the glitch and enough people still play it that they will fix it

I hope you're right

xbox360night
12-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah! rockstar admits the achievment is glitched and that they are planning on fixing it as soon as they figure out what went wrong during the dlc update 1.05. heres a link
http://support.rockstargames.com/templates/take2/seo/entryPage?entryID=rdr_thebigbluff&id=GATLAKH1Q43PC1O2QSFCDASMSS&moduleID=rockstar_games&rating=5

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah! rockstar admits the achievment is glitched and that they are planning on fixing it as soon as they figure out what went wrong during the dlc update 1.05. heres a link
http://support.rockstargames.com/templates/take2/seo/entryPage?entryID=rdr_thebigbluff&id=GATLAKH1Q43PC1O2QSFCDASMSS&moduleID=rockstar_games&rating=5

Great! Everybody already know this old news but it won't hurt if we know it twice.

Mutlucus
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm not paying for a disc when I already have all the DLC so they better fix it. I have all but this achievement on Red Dead Redemption, so it's not fair that I shoulndt have the change to get it. I hate that my profile says 1495/1500 when it should have said 1500/1500.

wildwest08
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm not paying for a disc when I already have all the DLC so they better fix it. I have all but this achievement on Red Dead Redemption, so it's not fair that I shoulndt have the change to get it. I hate that my profile says 1495/1500 when it should have said 1500/1500.

i agree totally i hate that i cant get the last one and it is one of the easiest should have gotten it earlier!!!

Gun Shark
12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
I think the problem with this achievement is that you need to be in a full game to get it. Was doing "Legion of Boom" achievement a few hours ago, and we had a game of five players and nobody got the achievement. But when we got another player in the game, the achievement unlocked for everyone.

Mutlucus
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I think the problem with this achievement is that you need to be in a full game to get it. Was doing "Legion of Boom" achievement a few hours ago, and we had a game of five players and nobody got the achievement. But when we got another player in the game, the achievement unlocked for everyone.

And you didn't use the disc?

Gun Shark
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
And you didn't use the disc?

Nei, jeg brukte ikke disc.

Daaanty
12-06-2010, 03:01 PM
No, I didn`t use disc.

that had to have been a glitch. I've been in a full game while boosting for Pa Pa Poker Ace and I know this happened at least 4 or 5 times. Didn't unlock.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM

You're talking pointless bullshit! Legion of Boom isn't a Poker achievement and you say it unlocked for everyone, so why didn't you get the achievement too?

Let me guess....................erm...............you're talking pointless bullshit?

OnTheRun
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes, it has already been confirmed this achievement has been glitched with the release of the zombies TU. However, if you get the seperate RDR DLC disk the achievement will still unlock on there for now.

Melanski v2
12-07-2010, 10:45 PM
man such a piss off, kinda put me off gettin my last few RDR achievements.

im not even going to bother with them till big bluff is attainable without the
undead disc. would just be to painful having that 1450 ..lol
Every once n awhile ill pop in the disc hoping for an update, if not out it comes. unless im playing poker of course ;)

Gun Shark
12-08-2010, 01:52 AM
You're talking pointless bullshit! Legion of Boom isn't a Poker achievement and you say it unlocked for everyone, so why didn't you get the achievement too?

Let me guess....................erm...............you're talking pointless bullshit?

Well I`m just trying to help and I`m sorry if I was spreading "pointless bullshit".
And by the way, I have the Legion of Boom achievement.

Chorus
12-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Is there an email address were we can spam some mails to that they need to fix it? Im still optimistic that they fix this.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Is there an email address were we can spam some mails to that they need to fix it? Im still optimistic that they fix this.

try usa@rockstarsupport.com

Chorus
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Can someone typ a letter that explains the problem? Im not English so its full of typos, when the letter is ready, everyone just copys it into the mail and spam their asses.

Pine Reaper
12-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I've been writing emails for the past month or so now. And basically the usa@rockstart.com email is just a technical suppport (Which has been a reply to 3 emails)

They have now just stopped replying to me

EDIT - On one of the emails they did leave a phone number

Phone: 1-866-405-5464
For Canadian Support
Phone: 1-800-269-5721
For UK Support
Phone: 08701 200060

I would have phoned but I can't be bothered to deal with another customer service d-bag this week

m4milo
12-11-2010, 02:49 AM
I was boosting the Poker achievement that needs 6 people last week. None of us had the disc and one of the boostees unlocked the Big Bluff achievement. The other player that folded had a pair with just two cards. Like others have said, the achievement could be unlocked with 6 players. I however did not get the achievement.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I was boosting the Poker achievement that needs 6 people last week. None of us had the disc and one of the boostees unlocked the Big Bluff achievement. The other player that folded had a pair with just two cards. Like others have said, the achievement could be unlocked with 6 players. I however did not get the achievement.

What's his gamertag?

m4milo
12-13-2010, 12:27 AM
What's his gamertag?
RaPnBaLL26

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-13-2010, 06:24 PM
RaPnBaLL26

I've just asked him and he used the disc!

m4milo
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I've just asked him and he used the disc!
Oops! Guess he fooled me then.

intheshallow
12-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, just a quick suggestion I made to another. If you are really wanting to finish this now, go "buy" the disc from Gamestop PRE-OWNED. Return it the next day and get all of your money back.

I just did this the other day. Worked like a charm.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I received an answer from rdrsupport@rockstargames.com

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and it will be patched for Title Update 1.06.

R*

They've updated the site and have added the info with the disc thing.

MiChIgAn2009
12-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Hey guys, just a quick suggestion I made to another. If you are really wanting to finish this now, go "buy" the disc from Gamestop PRE-OWNED. Return it the next day and get all of your money back.

I just did this the other day. Worked like a charm.

We Don't Know If Every GameStop Store Does That Policy. Plus Paying $24.99 for a pre-owned game is too much Just For Going For That One Achievement. Im Not That Desperate

Chorus
12-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I received an answer from rdrsupport@rockstargames.com

They've updated the site and have added the info with the disc thing.

It says:

We are aware that this achievement may not be unlocking properly for some players after Title Update 1.05. This issue has been fixed and the achievement will unlock properly in Title Update 1.06.

So does that mean the update is online? Cause I havent got it.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
It says:

We are aware that this achievement may not be unlocking properly for some players after Title Update 1.05. This issue has been fixed and the achievement will unlock properly in Title Update 1.06.

I was wondering too but I think they mean the undead nightmare disc.

m4milo
12-14-2010, 09:16 PM
It says:

It clearly says that the issue has been fixed but will unlock with update 1.06 Since there hasn't been a 1.06 update yet, don't expect it to unlock now.

artphobia
12-23-2010, 06:18 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I was thinking if you cleaed your cache and then did a offline system link with someone to get this achievement would it work?

BattFink!
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I was thinking if you cleaed your cache and then did a offline system link with someone to get this achievement would it work?

No because you won't have the update to allow you to play Poker in the first place.

xuyongadam
12-24-2010, 02:46 AM
what can we do for this?waiting...and waiting...

artphobia
12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
No because you won't have the update to allow you to play Poker in the first place.

Yea, trying to play the game while offline and cache cleared only allows me to watch the starting movie (not even load a save) and then crashs to the dashboard.

Spliff Starz
12-28-2010, 01:13 AM
yh waiting, R* will release title update 1.06 but when?
i've sent them an email, they are saying early January 2011.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-28-2010, 02:11 PM
i've sent them an email, they are saying early January 2011.

nice new year gift

ThunderingLefty
12-31-2010, 01:20 PM
i sure hope this gets fixed. cant stand having 1495/1500 on this.

wildwest08
01-04-2011, 02:13 AM
i sure hope this gets fixed. cant stand having 1495/1500 on this.

yea i agree and i want to sell it while it is hot

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
01-06-2011, 06:56 PM
According to R*'s news they have fixed it now.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news/article/12731/a-new-title-update-is-now-available-for-red-dead-redemption-and-.html/#comments

I haven't tried it out yet but I will!!! :uzi:

wildwest08
01-06-2011, 07:14 PM
still doesn't work for me anybody else having problems?

MiChIgAn2009
01-06-2011, 08:03 PM
i've been trying for it all afternoon and no achievement

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
01-06-2011, 09:47 PM
I FINALLY GOT IT!!!1!

CLEAR YOUR DAMN CACHE!!!

AND YOU'LL GET IT!!!!!!!!

:woop:

Spliff Starz
01-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Thx to Spliff Starz for the clearing the cache thingy :)

Oh wait, its me :drunk

Perasnovitch
01-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Thx to Spliff Starz for the clearing the cache thingy :)

Oh wait, its me :drunk

^^

Most stupid ban ever, atleast answer my email.

Mr Matty
02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Fixed now.