PDA

View Full Version : OK, Robbery sucks.

y2duane
05-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I thought for sure it wouldn't be as hard as it is.

I went back and read everyone's tips on the Robbery achievement. So, I went and turned up the defense for the guys in my outfield (Boston) and I played the AL All-Stars at Wrigley Field. I started Schilling and just grooved fastballs down the middle and put all the power hitters in the AL's lineup.

I turned on both the Turbo cheat and the Super Wall climb cheat. But, when they hit home runs, sometimes I would get the red arrow and sometimes I would get the "Wall Climb" prompt. Yet, my outfielder would either dive head first into the wall, or he would make some stupid lame effort at catching the ball over his shoulder and just kinda fall into the wall.

I repositioned the outfielders to play deep every time, but I could never get one of my outfielders to climb very high at all. A couple over the shoulder catches on balls hit deep, but no robberies at all.

Any advice?

piledriver26
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
How do you unlock the two cheats you talked about? Are those unlocked with the Derek Jeter code?

xl SuB Z3r0 lx
06-01-2007, 02:00 AM
ya i really hate this achievements too, I tried for 2 hour and no luck with achievement so i kinda give up and rip up my mlb manual. I saw the thing over my head telling me to push RS but i still wont get it.

sprayandpreyoverlords
01-10-2008, 02:28 PM
got the wall achievment took me about 35 min got all 5 and a thousand
i used the royals vs yankees since yankees were my boosted team i just played against them i used dodger stadium as the field cuz theres alot of wall to climb on a homer.. The homerun was a long lazy fly ball it seemed like it went somewhat slower than usualy it said hit up on rs so i did and dude climbed the wall got it.. oh i had my guys shifted deep left cuz the homers never seemed to go straigt middle right or left so with em shifted deep left he was in good spot to catch the homer that was hit to center right feild.. good luck

Haywood Ublowma
01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
got the wall achievment took me about 35 min got all 5 and a thousand
i used the royals vs yankees since yankees were my boosted team i just played against them i used dodger stadium as the field cuz theres alot of wall to climb on a homer.. The homerun was a long lazy fly ball it seemed like it went somewhat slower than usualy it said hit up on rs so i did and dude climbed the wall got it.. oh i had my guys shifted deep left cuz the homers never seemed to go straigt middle right or left so with em shifted deep left he was in good spot to catch the homer that was hit to center right feild.. good luck

ur talking bout 2k6 not 2k7

KILLING5PR33
01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the help....... Dodger stadium really helps and all i did was play the yankees vs the yankees b/c i jacked up there the outfielders ratings and all u do is set ur outfield for deep left and when they cpu hits the ball for a home run run back with the rb and once ur on the fence it will tell u to press up on rs and thats all i did and got it...... took me two days but listening to this kid really helped......