PDA

View Full Version : since xbox.com now sucks what do you guys use to compare achievements?

mickspawn
10-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi guys,
I used to use xbox.com to keep up with what friends were playing and compare games and try to compete with them. Also used to check what achievements they needed to plan what to boost etc.
360voice is broken and trueachievements suck. My gamercard isnt much good either.

What keeps you all interested now and give you that drive to get achievements and bragging rights etc? Or are achievements, competition, ladders etc now a thing of the past?

[Waggly Bean]
10-24-2010, 11:42 PM
They might have changed the layout of xbox.com, but you can still compare games in exactly the same way as you used to - I don't see what the problem is? :confused:

Anyway, if you're looking for something different, I stumbled across this a few months back:
http://compare.my360stats.com/

It's interesting because you can compare up to 4 gamertags, which is a feature I haven't seen elsewhere - it's usually just a comparison between two tags.

Try it out - see what you think! :)

Snowwwwy
10-25-2010, 12:27 AM
To answer your topic question, I still use xbox.com? All they have done really is change the layout of it, you can still use it to compare achievements or to check out achievements?

mickspawn
10-25-2010, 12:45 AM
To answer your topic question, I still use xbox.com? All they have done really is change the layout of it, you can still use it to compare achievements or to check out achievements?
when u compare to friends on xbox live its so hard to find out what they have been playing because they are in the order you played.. but yeah

nappster187
10-25-2010, 01:09 AM
i use mygamercard.net it is the best and easiest in my opinion.....

SillyXP
10-25-2010, 01:12 AM
i use xbox.com i still like it and you can still see what your friends are doing and compare

Magespower
10-25-2010, 01:21 AM
I will use xbox.com once in awhile but I just like to stick to comparing right from the xbox itself. Easy to use and I don't have to get up and go to the pc lol.

mickspawn
10-25-2010, 02:44 AM
is there any way to see more than the most recent 3 games your friends have played? if you click on view games it shows your order completed and you cant tell what your friends have been up to of late.

AltruismIsDead
10-25-2010, 02:48 AM
I still use Xbox.com unfortunately, and yes I absolutely hate the new layout for comparing achievements.

I have like 600+ games on my list while my friends have maybe 80-100... so comparing and searching around for the games they played is a f***ing b****.

Is there a way to change the view to compare your games to their games in the order they played them?

newbsicle
10-25-2010, 03:43 AM
I usually only compare with my friends so most of comparing is done on the console.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I usually only compare with my friends so most of comparing is done on the console.

this for me too

[Waggly Bean]
10-25-2010, 01:07 PM
is there any way to see more than the most recent 3 games your friends have played? if you click on view games it shows your order completed and you cant tell what your friends have been up to of late.
Just click 'Compare Games' on the left hand side. Example, if you click on my gamercard to the left of my post, it'll take you to my xbox.com pofile. To the left of my avatar is the compare games option. It's the same sort of deal as on the old xbox.com, except not in the order of the other persons last played anymore.

Is there a way to change the view to compare your games to their games in the order they played them?
As far as I can see, no. But I'm hoping it's just a glitch in the system. When they first launched the new xbox.com, there were loads of dead links and other glitches, so I'm hoping that they're just going through ironing everything out.

At the moment it makes no sense anyway. It's not in the order the other person played them, and it's not alphabetical. It looks kind of close to me to the order I've played them in, but then that's not even quite right!
So who knows? Hopefully it's just something in their tracking scripts not working that will be sorted out soon. :)

merzitar
10-25-2010, 01:09 PM
I prefer the new layout of Xbox.com - it doesn't take as long to load. Anyways, I use Xbox.com, and the Xbox 360.

mosin360
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
After weeding out the casuals and the few who let anyone play on their profile, its not hard to compare on the xbox.com site.

Keithustus
07-03-2011, 04:19 PM
How do I tell how long ago each friend played a certain game?

Most of you seem to be missing the point of the old xbox.com. How do I now tell how long it has been since friends have played each game? At the old xbox.com, by looking at each friend's profile or game list, it would show exactly when each game had been played last by each friend. Now, the reason that this is so important is that because of M$'s shitty 100-friend limit in your friend list, I only want people on my friend list who have been actively playing the few games I have been playing every week for the last few months/years.

At the old xbox.com, I could cycle through all the friends who I hadn't seen on those games and check whether they indeed had not been playing it in months, in which case I'd be able to unfriend them and add other people I knew who were playing it. There doesn't seem to be a way to find that information now on the new xbox.com. Is there some other site that shows this information, or some place on xbox.com to find it?

Q ipoddy Q
07-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I use the Xbox Live feature on my WP7, its quick to load and shows you comparisons between your friends in an easy to see and navigate screen.

TVthePunisher
07-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Since I use IE more than Firefox, I don't go to Xbox.com that much anymore. It never loads on my IE and crashes it every time, but works on Firefox...YET Firefox is a resource hog on my computer and is very slow, while everything is fairly fast with my IE...anyways, I only go to Xbox.com when I need to send a message to everyone on my friends list...but it annoys the crap out of me that after I do that, I can't message people individually because it tells me I've "reached the limit" or some crap like that.

Anyways, I just go through the dashboard itself on my xbox to compare achievements..

Burnout x360a
07-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Xbox.com like normal.

Damn, just realised this thread is nearly a year old.

Lord Yamikage
07-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Did Xbox.com changed since October of 2010? If it didn't, then Xbox.com is very useful. Showing overall games percentage to individual games percentage, it's very clear and useful. If this update was after October 2010, then I didn't use much as I do now.

Eludingkarma
07-03-2011, 06:46 PM
xbox.com keeps telling me that someone else is using my gamertag so I've never been able to use that site.

I like trueachievements.com, I don't think it's terrible. I like seeing what achievements my friends get and on what day. Especially if we are playing the same game at the same time.

EMP
07-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I usually just compare with my friends, or randoms in game I find while I'm waiting.

CyberPunch83
07-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I use trueachievements.com for comparison purposes, but when that is not available I use my 360 itself. I wouldn't go as far as to say xbox.com sucks, it's slow because it uses a bunch of authentication software to ensure few others can host the information they do, to keep a captive market in a way.

Sampson
07-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I log onto my xbox, go to a users profile and scroll down to "Compare Achievements". If I'm online I use Xbox.com

ChosenOne
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I either still use xbox.com or I use achievements.com.

Keithustus
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
How do I tell how long ago each friend played a certain game? I could before M$ ruined xbox.com.

See post 15.

Damage
07-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I use trueachievements.com they allow you to compare yourself with friends and the community in general (although not everybody who is on XBL is scanned by them). They also give you a TA score with is a way of showing you how difficult the achievements you have are, by how many people have it. For example Fear2 5* general is worth loads. Also allows people to post there own solutions etc.

However the forums, roadmaps and news etc, is a lot better over here at xboxa.

Oh and to the guy away up above 'MyGamercard.net' is dead. Sadly it died long ago, look at your signature if you don't believe me.

Akuza
07-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Microsoft broke xbox.com .. I remember on day 1 of the new look the border said "join the converasion".. That pretty much summed up how bad it was..

Hence why I joined up here I used to be a regular on xbox.com all the time but now.. No chance!

[Waggly Bean]
07-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh and to the guy away up above 'MyGamercard.net' is dead. Sadly it died long ago, look at your signature if you don't believe me.

It wasn't dead in October 2010 when he made that post. :biglaugh

You obviously didn't notice that this is an 8 month old thread that was necro'ed yesterday. ;)

Nero x360a & ps3t
07-05-2011, 12:12 AM
I go on my xbox.

my_box_72
07-05-2011, 08:21 AM
;3657178']They might have changed the layout of xbox.com, but you can still compare games in exactly the same way as you used to - I don't see what the problem is? :confused:

Anyway, if you're looking for something different, I stumbled across this a few months back:
http://compare.my360stats.com/

It's interesting because you can compare up to 4 gamertags, which is a feature I haven't seen elsewhere - it's usually just a comparison between two tags.

Try it out - see what you think! :)

Umm the problem is the new xbox.com layout sucks and so do the forums , and as for the OP he voicing out his opinion no need to get testy

jacobite
07-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Xbox.com suck so bad now Iv stopped useing it, might be coz I use firefox and say no to anything silverlight.

good thing is im here alot more.

[Waggly Bean]
07-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Umm the problem is the new xbox.com layout sucks and so do the forums , and as for the OP he voicing out his opinion no need to get testy

Firstly, you're questioning a post I made 8 months ago.

Secondly, did you actually read my post through? I'm not sure how you could interpret that as getting 'testy'? I might have said I didn't understand what the issue was, but it wasn't said in a malicious or angry way. Then I even offered up another site for him to look at, so it was actually a potentially helpful post for the OP. I'm pretty sure he never took any offense by it anyway, and that's all that matters really.

In summary, you're weird. :rolleyes: