PDA

View Full Version : Cheating Mw2 Boosting.

Sicko19
10-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Hey Guys. Im 100% Against Boosting Levels/Ranks in Mw2.
And Sadly i know a Guy who does these 10th Lobbies.
I've Filed A Complaint against him 3 times and yet he still walks free.?

Does Filing a Complaint do anything?
All my Dumb Idiotic friends are also Boosting their Challenges and what not.

How can i get this guy to stop doing this and ruining the game?

Sicko19
10-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Another funny lil fact is.

He's like 12.
And Charges people for 10th.
People are Stupid enough to buy this?

Snowwwwy
10-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Noob question.. but can someone explain to me what 10th lobbies reaaaalllly are? I still dont know.

Sicko19
10-25-2010, 01:51 AM
10th Lobbies are basically a lobby u go into and boom u got 10th prestige.

Im sure theres more of an explanation, but i dont know lol.

I hope black ops wont be like mw2. :|

Corrupt.
10-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Anybody who spends money to get to 10th prestige is a big fat loser...

Th33Troop33r
10-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Noob question.. but can someone explain to me what 10th lobbies reaaaalllly are? I still dont know.
10th Lobbies get you to 10th prestige in a matter of minutes. Everyone is different some you can kill people and get enough exp to be level 70 in one kill, others have you press a button on the D-Pad and you get to 10th prestige automatically. You also can get all your titles, emblems, and attachments for your guns plus the camo.

SillyXP
10-25-2010, 02:20 AM
sad lol im prestige 2 and im happy about it hmph! haha

Tufty
10-25-2010, 02:22 AM
You pay £40 for the game and spend another £20 to have it completed for you. I don't understand some people.

Snowwwwy
10-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Damn, I thought it was something like that, but I dont understand why people would pay someone to do that. Really.

AltruismIsDead
10-25-2010, 02:43 AM
Well to answer the original poster:

Check out this forum here:

Gamer Tag Investigations (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1813)

While I am sure most of the complaints in there are for modding/hacking gamerscore, I know that MS was having a huge deal over these 10th Lobbies.

Just read the instructions, everything is kept confidential, and basically post his Gamer tag, what he is doing (10th Lobbies on MW2) and the good folks at X360A will look into it, talk to the MS secret service team (Or Policy Enforcement team or whatever they are called) and if they find out this is true, they'll probably end up banning him fast enough.

Ice Car
10-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Damn, I thought it was something like that, but I dont understand why people would pay someone to do that. Really.
This. Some people who join it even claim that they own the lobby, and poor dumbasses fall for it and lose 1600 MSP.

OT: Yeah, boosting sucks. I usually just run into their hiding spot and kill them a couple times for free kills. They eventually leave. I always derep them so I can avoid running into them again, if the damn system even works. I sometimes file a complaint for cheating if I'm pissed off enough. Honestly though, I doubt any boosters are going to get banned unless enough people decide to file a compalint against him/her/them.

Anyways, boosters and modders are just a natural part of just about any game. If it bothers you, then just do what you did (filed a complaint) and then walk away.

Sicko19
10-25-2010, 03:21 AM
Well to answer the original poster:

Check out this forum here:

Gamer Tag Investigations (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1813)

While I am sure most of the complaints in there are for modding/hacking gamerscore, I know that MS was having a huge deal over these 10th Lobbies.

Just read the instructions, everything is kept confidential, and basically post his Gamer tag, what he is doing (10th Lobbies on MW2) and the good folks at X360A will look into it, talk to the MS secret service team (Or Policy Enforcement team or whatever they are called) and if they find out this is true, they'll probably end up banning him fast enough.

Gonna Give this a shot.
Also he has a Website, although i cant remember the address right now.
If i find it i'll post it up so ye can see for yourselves. :)

Im on 2nd Prestige and Happily staying there.
I'll still get my Prestige Challenges done in time. :)

RASISIMMORTAL
10-25-2010, 03:40 AM
You guys do know that to host a 10th lobby you need a Jtag Xbox 360 and a jtag gets banned within 4 hours of going on xbox live right?

I think thats enough punishment, what do you think?

Ice Car
10-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Gonna Give this a shot.

You know that all the weapon prestige challenges carry over right? only 4 of them reset, and that's not much at all since they're easy to get.

You guys do know that to host a 10th lobby you need a Jtag Xbox 360 and a jtag gets banned within 4 hours of going on xbox live right?

Keep in mind punishment is something given in order to stop someone from doing something. Doing that is obviously not stopping them, so resetting their gamertag or banning them completely will likely do just that.

AltruismIsDead
10-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Gonna Give this a shot.

If he has a website that mentions 10th lobbies, and includes his gamer tag, or any of his contact information, definitely include that in your compliant to help your case with "evidence" that he is soliciting this service. Also like other people have mentioned, he'd need a Jtag xbox which would definitely get him banned and microsoft would be able to detect this.

Sicko19
10-25-2010, 05:51 AM
If he has a website that mentions 10th lobbies, and includes his gamer tag, or any of his contact information, definitely include that in your compliant to help your case with "evidence" that he is soliciting this service. Also like other people have mentioned, he'd need a Jtag xbox which would definitely get him banned and microsoft would be able to detect this.

Im not sure what a JTAG is, but on the website it mentions he has a JTAG :D
hehe he busted me thinks :)

RASISIMMORTAL
10-25-2010, 04:04 PM
What is a Jtag?

There has been an additional development in the never-ending battle that’s Microsoft trying to keep its gaming method closed to unauthorized use. Xbox-scene reports that a new hack called freeBOOT permits the Xbox 360 to upgrade for the newer kernels, but allows the choice of rebooting to an older kernel in order use the JTAG exploit and gain access towards the hardware.

A jtag is an xbox that allows run homebrew code on an Xbox 360. Exploiting this hack makes it feasible to boot a Linux kernel in about five seconds. We’ve long been fans of the homebrew work done with XBMC on the original Xbox and hope that advances like this will lead to that end. We want this simply because the older hardware cannot handle high definition content at full resolution but the Xbox 360 certainly can.

This exploit is still far from ideal. It currently requires that the Cygnos360 mod chip be installed on the program.

Other facts:

A Jtag also comes console banned(meaning you cannot connect to Xbox Live). You can however buy a Jtag that comes unbanned(it is only unbanned for a few hours). If you get banned or it comes banned you will need a KV(Key Vault) to unban it. Another thing is that soon this month or early next month Microsoft will be coming out with a new dashboard update which will kick Jtag's offline even with a Key Vault. If you are looking to go online anytime soon, DO NOT buy one.

Key Vault:

A Keyvault is the part of an Xbox 360 that makes each console unique. It is the part of the Xbox that Microsoft uses to identify which console is connecting to their servers. There are specific details located inside the Keyvault that makes it so important, one of the main details located in the keyvault is the serial number.

The reason Keyvaults are so important to JTAG's is because you can use them to unban your console. You can swap a keyvault from another unbanned JTAG into your JTAG and then your box magically becomes a different console according to Microsoft.

When a Keyvault gets banned, it doesn't ban just the console, it bans the Keyvault, which means every console using that Keyvault becomes banned,YOU CAN NOT MAKE A KV. But you can extract one.

Types of Jtags:
Xenon: 1st type of jtag(cheapest)
Zephyr:2nd type of jtag(same generation)
Falcon:3rd type of jtag(2nd generation)more updated
Jasper:4th type of jtag(3rd generation)best type but also most expensive.

DO NOT:Buy a Jtag for just mw2 lobbies
With the new dashboard you wont be able to go online. Starting next month.

Benefits:
Downloading games for free and getting them early.
If new freeboot comes out will be able to go online.

dakisbac
10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
This. Some people who join it even claim that they own the lobby, and poor dumbasses fall for it and lose 1600 MSP.

OT: I'm with you. I De-Rep boosters for Unsporting Conduct and File a Complaint for cheating on every booster. That's even after I find them 3 times a match and kill both of them. :p

If I'm pissed off enough (Like if I'm winning with 1300 and then they pass me up because of stupid spawns putting me miles away from any activity during the last kills) then I will ask like 5 of my friends to de-rep and file a complaint for cheating against them. It is relatively easy to spot them. Some idiots even boost the winning killcam (Don't find a seperate kill for the game winning, they just do the tactical insertion basically showing everyone they are boosting).

When I usually find someone like that, I send them a message saying something like "Nice boosting skills. It must have taken you a long time to learn how to show everyone in the lobby that you're a cheating dumbass. Learn to get the winning killcam not on your boosting partner dumbass."

And since I have no mic, yes, I spend like 2 minutes putting that in. I am also very picky about spelling and grammar and rarely ever shorten the message. (e.g. u instead of you) Even if it's obvious why people do things like that when sending a text message, I still like to use proper grammar and spelling when sending a message.

From the sounds of this, people should be filing complaints against you - not the other way around.

Since boosting is allowed any complaints filed against them will be dismissed, but if you're sending them messages calling them a "cheating dumbass" then you can get banned from sending messages. That's irony.

Tips for you; Get all of your legit friends to file a complaint against the bastard. Microsoft will likely not ban someone if they get 7 complaints from the same person rather than 1 from 7 different people.

A) Feel free to waste all the time you want sending in multiple complaints against the same person. Only the first complaint actually goes through, even if they're for different things. You can "de-rep" them if you'd like, but nobody gives a shit about that system.

B) Getting your friends to file complaints is a good way to get them in trouble. Microsoft disregards complaints filed by people who haven't played with the person (for this very reason) and if they do it enough, they won't be able to use the system anymore. Also, these friends can't "de-rep" people they haven't played with.

Summary: You're wasting your time being an anti-booster, and you need to grow up.

wildlatics09
10-25-2010, 06:02 PM
shouldnt this be in the mw2 section?

i would go 10th 70 for free, i prefer playing the game personally rather than ranking up :P

MC B0B x360a
10-25-2010, 06:50 PM

no its not enough punishment. People think there is a ban on the xbox and that it is no good after its banned. Wrong. I wont go into details or use any specific because it may not be allowed, but the owner of the jtag can purchase something that essentially unbans the jtag xbox. The thing that unbans the jtag usually cost about $80. so they host a lobby and get about ten people giving them msp. they then sell the msp online to get money. Once there jtag gets banned then they use the money to purchase the thing that unbans it. I hope i was vaugue and helpful about how it works. Point is once its banned you dont have spend the money on a new xbox every time.

Ice Car
10-25-2010, 10:09 PM
From the sounds of this, people should be filing complaints against you - not the other way around.

Since boosting is allowed any complaints filed against them will be dismissed, but if you're sending them messages calling them a "cheating dumbass" then you can get banned from sending messages. That's irony.

I've heard a few times that people who have been found to be boosting had their ranks reset. Also, I've gotten much worse messages and flaming from people for reasons of what weapon I'm using, or that I was the MVP.

A) Feel free to waste all the time you want sending in multiple complaints against the same person. Only the first complaint actually goes through, even if they're for different things. You can "de-rep" them if you'd like, but nobody gives a shit about that system.

I actually don't do this. I usually file a complaint only if I'm pissed off enough to do it. Even so, I only file it once. It seems common sense that even though there's an option to file a complaint twice, they aren't going to count a complaint for the same person twice. Needless to say, I overexaggerated my post.

B) Getting your friends to file complaints is a good way to get them in trouble. Microsoft disregards complaints filed by people who haven't played with the person (for this very reason) and if they do it enough, they won't be able to use the system anymore. Also, these friends can't "de-rep" people they haven't played with.

I actually did not know this since I get a lot of messages saying to derep "X" person, or to file a complain against "X" person for "X" reason. That's not to say I actually listen to them or do it myself. I merely mentioned it, because the OP is anti-booster.

Summary: You're wasting your time being an anti-booster, and you need to grow up.

I haven't really seen any boosters at all since getting both the map packs, and even so, it's fun to run int a boosters hiding spot and get 2 free kills. They usually get pissed off and leave. Anyways, I don't actively look for boosters and ruin them. I just play normally and if a booster joins the room or if I join one they're in, I just go in and ruin them.

RASISIMMORTAL
10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
no its not enough punishment. People think there is a ban on the xbox and that it is no good after its banned. Wrong. I wont go into details or use any specific because it may not be allowed, but the owner of the jtag can purchase something that essentially unbans the jtag xbox. The thing that unbans the jtag usually cost about $80. so they host a lobby and get about ten people giving them msp. they then sell the msp online to get money. Once there jtag gets banned then they use the money to purchase the thing that unbans it. I hope i was vaugue and helpful about how it works. Point is once its banned you dont have spend the money on a new xbox every time.

Just wanna add that the "thing" that unbans 360's is called a Keyvault that every 360 has. Other than that you're right.

Sicko19
10-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Where do i Post his Gamertag in that Thread for Gamertag Investigation?

So if he has JTAG then he can never get his xbox banned? cause he can unban it himself.?

His Website is:
http://nbdlobbies.webs.com/

dakisbac
10-26-2010, 12:17 AM
I've heard a few times that people who have been found to be boosting had their ranks reset. Also, I've gotten much worse messages and flaming from people for reasons of what weapon I'm using, or that I was the MVP.

Individual developers can implement their own rules when it comes to boosting, but it's not breaking the XBL ToS (which is the only important set of rules). Bungie, as a prime example, will give people temp bans or reset their Credits/Rank but that doesn't affect you in any way on the rest of XBL. If you're playing a game where the devs dislikes boosting, if you can somehow contact them then by all means go for it. Don't waste the enforcement team's time with false complaints though.

Also, it is irrelevant how many nasty messages you receive - you're still not allowed to send them out yourself (even back to the people who sent them to you). File a (valid) complaint for that and move on.

i got squeezed
10-26-2010, 12:32 AM
I gave up on this game, I hardly ever touch this, I use to love it, but now I'm losing taste in one of my most beloved FPS series of all the cheaters,boosters, and hackers. If Black Ops is like this, then I'm giving up on CoD period. I'll have to find another game series I love, which I dont have any at all.

CONKER1182
10-26-2010, 01:03 AM
I don`t see the point in this your not getting any achievements for getting 10th prestige in MW 2 and MW 2 is such a broken game anyways with over 2 million players doing this.

RASISIMMORTAL
10-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Where do i Post his Gamertag in that Thread for Gamertag Investigation?

So if he has JTAG then he can never get his xbox banned? cause he can unban it himself.?

His Website is:
http://nbdlobbies.webs.com/

He can get banned and unban his 360 but its hard to find people selling Keyvaults and they usually go for $80

And come on you can't post one guys gamertag when there is a ton of people who hacked, look at the leaderboards for MW2. And btw 10th lobbies also exist in CoD 4 and WoW... Hopefully there will be none in Black Ops.