PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Story Mode

FunkSoulStrange
10-25-2010, 03:51 AM
The game started out pretty rough, but by the end it kinda grew on me. Sure would not pay $60 for it but its better than Rock Revolution once you get comfortable with the new mechanics. Overall the music was pretty good too, I'm kinda surprised. Finishing the story mode on Medium I was able to get 435 points in about 9 hours. Each not has a hit and perfect hit, which I do not have the time timing to get all perfects so I'm missing out on a 100 point achievement I could have gotten with one play.

Couple other things worth noting:

-15 points for the credits, leave them on. :)

-There is at least 120 points that require the string guitar so there is no way to get 1k without it.

- You can't get the achievement for the guitar tutorial without a string guitar.

- Pay attention to the directions in the story mode for filling up the mojo thing, there is a 50 point achievement to clear it less than 80 songs, if you play ones that don't count towards your current meter you will probably miss it.

- There is also a special drum set for the game that has a petal and an activate mojo power petal, you can still hit a button for regular RB drums but that might make the drum/band achievement difficult as well.

I think that is all. If you must play every rhythm game like me, its worth a play as long as you don't spend $60!

lostmotiv
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
i totally wanna try this game out eventually. But it's really gonna have to wait till it's like $10 or less.. I paid almost nothing for rock revolution and i still felt kinda ripped off. I buy almost all these type games but with the amount of great stuff that been coming out lately gotta be kinda picky with purchases.

FunkSoulStrange
10-26-2010, 06:05 AM
I'm sure the price will drop fast. It really is better than Rock Revolution, but I fired up RB3 tonight and it was nice to be back to the good stuff. Keytar is really fun!

joecamnet
11-03-2010, 06:03 AM
It really is a halfway decent game. It's not going to win awards, but it's nice that they tried something new and it almost works.
I wouldn't mind seeing PowerGig 2 someday as long as they fixed most (if not all) of the problems with this game. It's clunky, but still fairly fun.

CoDyBEAR144
11-13-2010, 10:44 PM
if you guys are having trouble with that 100G achievement...just sing the rage agains the machine song on easy difficulty....sooo easy

HoJo1369
12-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm stuck on my story. All I can play is 4 clubs. Dont know what else to do. Can you help me out?