PDA

View Full Version : RE:: Fable 3 DOES NOT work on beta dashboard

M 0 R T I K I A
10-25-2010, 03:20 PM
RE:: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=269332

After doing a bit of research to find out why you would have this problem, I came across this article;

New Protections Added to Leaked 12606 and Fall2010 Dashboard?
>> A new beta version [build 12606] of the Fall 2010 [alias 'Kinect'] dashboard has been leaked on the internet a few days ago and it seems like Microsoft added new protections to it. Several users seems to report problems booting certain games from recordable media on 360s with a modified DVD FW.
One of the titles affected seems to be Fable III. The game boots fine from any media on the current dashboard on a 360 with modified FW, but fails to boot from recordable media on the leaked/12606 beta dashboard ["This disc is unreadable"] - while the retail disc will work just fine according to #FW@EFnet.

Right now it's unclear which games, DVD models and/or modified FWs are exactly affected.

The new fall 2010 dashboard might get official released tomorrow [Tuesday Oct 26th 2010] (unconfirmed date, but it will be before Nov 4th anyway) to all 360 owners, so we suggest you do NOT update if you have a modified FW until we know more about these issues.
JTAG users should of course not update at all (will lock-out old CB and make the JTAG hack impossible), they should wait for a new rebooter.

Source: www.xbox-scene.com

So, overall you screwed yourself.

kickers97
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
RE::
So, overall you screwed yourself.

Haha, nice summary. Glad they're doing something to get the JTAG'ers off the system.

oXStarKillerXo
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Very sneaky Microsoft! I Like it!

Dumb ass hackers/modders getting owned :D

Jappe XBA
10-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Me thinks that if you modded your Xbox, it's right that you won't be able to play Fable III. Just for the fact that the modders are not paying for the games they play, and everyone knows the effect of piracy. BUT let's not start discussing about modding/piracy here.

I shouldn't have problem myself this Friday when I'm getting my copy, because I ain't got modified DVD FW :p

Srew you hackers.

Des
10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Seriously? There is more than one reason to mod your 360. :| Get over yourselves.

littlejay
10-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Seriously? There is more than one reason to mod your 360. :| Get over yourselves.

no good reasons. the 360 is just fine without screwing with stuff. mod your system? 99% of the time you are up to no good. good for MS making sure you can't do this.

Captain Urahara
10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
no good reasons. the 360 is just fine without screwing with stuff. mod your system? 99% of the time you are up to no good. good for MS making sure you can't do this.
Agreed with this 100%

Des
10-25-2010, 09:21 PM

I have a modded xbox (Note, xbox, not 360) that I used as an emulator and a DVD player. Seriously where the hell is the logic in paying 20 bucks for a remote controller just to make something function that is already meant to function? It's like paying for DLC that was supposed to be in the game and was cut just so they could make you pay more. Retarded.

[Waggly Bean]
10-25-2010, 09:44 PM
I have a modded xbox (Note, xbox, not 360) that I used as an emulator and a DVD player. Seriously where the hell is the logic in paying 20 bucks for a remote controller just to make something function that is already meant to function? It's like paying for DLC that was supposed to be in the game and was cut just so they could make you pay more. Retarded.

Yeah, and you're talking about the original Xbox. The original Xbox is probably the best console to mod for stuff like emulators. You haven't explained why you would mod a 360 other than for piracy. Surely if you wanted the emu-scene etc, you would buy a really cheap original Xbox, mod it for cheap and use that. Why would you do it with a much more expensive console that undoubtedly doesn't support anywhere near the amount of homebrew apps that the original Xbox does.

So what are these other reasons to mod your 360 then?

Des
10-25-2010, 09:53 PM
;3660947']Yeah, and you're talking about the original Xbox. The original Xbox is probably the best console to mod for stuff like emulators. You haven't explained why you would mod a 360 other than for piracy. Surely if you wanted the emu-scene etc, you would buy a really cheap original Xbox, mod it for cheap and use that. Why would you do it with a much more expensive console that undoubtedly doesn't support anywhere near the amount of homebrew apps that the original Xbox does.

So what are these other reasons to mod your 360 then?

Modifications are unlimited. It's ignorant to assume that the only modification that exists is for piracy purposes. Being that I'm not a modder I don't pay attention. I modded my original back when they were new right away and never regretted it. Few hiccups but to this day its still my only working DVD player...

ITRUK
10-25-2010, 10:32 PM
All they'll have to do is update with the full version of the dashboard once its out officially. Not a biggy really is it?

[Waggly Bean]
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Modifications are unlimited. It's ignorant to assume that the only modification that exists is for piracy purposes. Being that I'm not a modder I don't pay attention. I modded my original back when they were new right away and never regretted it. Few hiccups but to this day its still my only working DVD player...

It's ignorant to not read the OP. This bit of news specifically talks about flashed firmware on the dvd drive, not about general modifcations (LED lights etc). There is no other reason to do this than for piracy AFAIK.

Also, the 360 works as a DVD player without a remote just fine, so you have that too surely? ;)

M 0 R T I K I A
10-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Im sorry I dident mean for this thread to get out of hand, I just wanted to point this out to the other user that was having a problem with the game not loading, thats all.

Captain Urahara
10-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Im sorry I dident mean for this thread to get out of hand, I just wanted to point this out to the other user that was having a problem with the game not loading, thats all.
No need to apologize. You did nothing wrong.

Des
10-26-2010, 12:56 AM
;3661328']It's ignorant to not read the OP. This bit of news specifically talks about flashed firmware on the dvd drive, not about general modifcations (LED lights etc). There is no other reason to do this than for piracy AFAIK.

Also, the 360 works as a DVD player without a remote just fine, so you have that too surely? ;)

Every time I've tried with my 360 controller it's not worked. o.O Then again, that was only twice.

Shelton
10-26-2010, 01:24 AM
I see...

On a side note, aren't emulators illegal? It is still piracy, as you did not pay for the games.

rianbattle
10-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I see...

On a side note, aren't emulators illegal? It is still piracy, as you did not pay for the games.

no, the emulators aren't illegal. the roms are illegal to have if you do not own a physical copy of that game. i think you can have a rom of a game you don't have for like 24 hours or something like that besides, if i remember right.

i've never modded my 360, but i do have emulators on my iphone because i don't want to carry around my super nintendo so i can play mario at work lol

Shelton
10-26-2010, 02:12 AM
no, the emulators aren't illegal. the roms are illegal to have if you do not own a physical copy of that game. i think you can have a rom of a game you don't have for like 24 hours or something like that besides, if i remember right.

i've never modded my 360, but i do have emulators on my iphone because i don't want to carry around my super nintendo so i can play mario at work lol
Just to clear things up, it depends on how you are using/creating the emulators and roms.

Emulators:
"Ok, so these console emulators sound pretty interesting. But, are they legal? Yes, they are, provided that the following rules were obeyed in their development. First of all, no copy protection built into the console unit could have been broken in order to discover functionality. Basically, if something in the design is encrypted, working around the encrypted lockout to discover a functionality is illegal.

Second, the ROM BIOS of the console unit could not of been reversed engineered to learn about the unit’s behavior. A person cannot dismantle the code stored in the ROM BIOS because its code is protected under copyright law.

If either of these two rules were broken during the development of the emulator, the emulator that was creates is illegal. If they were obeyed, then the final product is perfectly legal."

Roms:
"Under US law, creating a backup of software that you own is legal. Thus, creating a ROM image of a game that you own is legal for back-up purposes. In fact, it is legal to run the copied software on an emulator. The only pitfall is that only one copy of the game can be active at a time, because the other copy is intended for archaic purposes. This means that your physical counterpart cannot be in use while you are using the copy on emulator.

However, distributing or obtaining unauthorized copies of a ROM image is illegal. A cartridge that I buy from the store is considered an authorized copy. If I were to copy a cartridge that I own, the copy I now posses is not authorized by the manufacture, but it is perfectly legal to have. It would be illegal to distribute that unauthorized copy to others."

rianbattle
10-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Just to clear things up, it depends on how you are using/creating the emulators and roms.

Emulators:
"Ok, so these console emulators sound pretty interesting. But, are they legal? Yes, they are, provided that the following rules were obeyed in their development. First of all, no copy protection built into the console unit could have been broken in order to discover functionality. Basically, if something in the design is encrypted, working around the encrypted lockout to discover a functionality is illegal.

Second, the ROM BIOS of the console unit could not of been reversed engineered to learn about the unitís behavior. A person cannot dismantle the code stored in the ROM BIOS because its code is protected under copyright law.

If either of these two rules were broken during the development of the emulator, the emulator that was creates is illegal. If they were obeyed, then the final product is perfectly legal."

Roms:
"Under US law, creating a backup of software that you own is legal. Thus, creating a ROM image of a game that you own is legal for back-up purposes. In fact, it is legal to run the copied software on an emulator. The only pitfall is that only one copy of the game can be active at a time, because the other copy is intended for archaic purposes. This means that your physical counterpart cannot be in use while you are using the copy on emulator.

However, distributing or obtaining unauthorized copies of a ROM image is illegal. A cartridge that I buy from the store is considered an authorized copy. If I were to copy a cartridge that I own, the copy I now posses is not authorized by the manufacture, but it is perfectly legal to have. It would be illegal to distribute that unauthorized copy to others."

thank you, i knew i was close lol

Des
10-26-2010, 02:40 AM
I see...

Modder. As in present tense. Modded as in past tense. Grammar. Amazing.

Shelton
10-26-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm not a murderer. I murdered someone two years ago.

That is basically what you said. Would you not agree that that statement is contradictory?

M 0 R T I K I A
10-26-2010, 03:12 AM

I can say the same about your grammar;
Modder, as in present tense. Modded, as in past tense. Grammar. Amazing.

Des
10-26-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm not a murderer. I murdered someone two years ago.

That is basically what you said. Would you not agree that that statement is contradictory?

If I create, am I a creator?
If I masturbate, am I a masturbator?
If I invest, am I an inventor?
If I see, am I a seer?
If I bleed, am I a bleeder?
If I sneeze, am I a sneezer?
If I touch, am I a toucher?
If I rape, am I a raper?
If I hate, am I a hater?
If I suck, am I a sucker?
If I blink, am I a blinker?
If I play piano, am I a pianist?
If I play Guitar, am I a guitarist?

Des
10-26-2010, 03:43 AM
I can say the same about your grammar;
Modder, as in present tense. Modded, as in past tense. Grammar. Amazing.

Depends exactly on how it's meant to come across. I was emphasizing heavily on the two aspects although apparently forgot a period after Modded. Try again.

M 0 R T I K I A
10-26-2010, 04:18 AM
If I create, am I a creator? - Yes
If I masturbate, am I a masturbator? - Yes
If I invest, am I an inventor? - Ummm, I don't think so!
If I see, am I a seer? - Seer is a word?
If I bleed, am I a bleeder? - Yes
If I sneeze, am I a sneezer? Yes
If I touch, am I a toucher? Yes
If I rape, am I a raper? Yes
If I hate, am I a hater? Yes
If I suck, am I a sucker? Yes
If I blink, am I a blinker? Yes
If I play piano, am I a pianist? Yes, but whether your good or not is the Q.
If I play Guitar, am I a guitarist? Yes, but same as the above question.

I hope I answered all your questions.

Webb
10-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Now now people.

*clicks the lock on this bad boy*