PDA

View Full Version : Mustang guitar question?

M A N I K Fury
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM
will this almost play like a real guitar? i want to play pro asap but i also wanted the fender. so are the gray things on the mustang buttons? if so, it has a shit load of buttons? and the strumming looks more like real strumming so i know what that will be like. its just about how real does the mustang feel, chord and playing wise?

PS. obviously i know its not a real guitar but i want it to at least play somewhat like a real guitar or i can save my money and wait for the fender to come out

SebastianSB
10-25-2010, 06:45 PM
so are the gray things on the mustang buttons? if so, it has a shit load of buttons?

Yes. It has over 100 buttons.

TwistedFate
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM
It plays just like a real guitar will. In fact it has MIDI out so you can use it as a real guitar if you have something that will process the MIDI signal.

M A N I K Fury
10-25-2010, 08:52 PM
sweet. will there be a bundle or something to buy it with tomorrow? and will the skills i learn from using the mustang be able to transfer to a real guitar??

SebastianSB
10-25-2010, 09:02 PM
sweet. will there be a bundle or something to buy it with tomorrow?

No. All the retailers I've seen have it listed for early/mid November with no bundle.

TwistedFate
10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
and will the skills i learn from using the mustang be able to transfer to a real guitar??

In theory, yes. However, switching between buttons and strings will take an adjustment period, and there will be "technique" problems to be overcome seeing that the button version will be more forgiving of bad technique than a real guitar will. You will have some basic skills, though.

M A N I K Fury
10-25-2010, 09:55 PM
alright sweet, and yea i guess you'll get some of the hand movements down then its just transferring the skills from the buttons to the actual thing.

And to clarify the mustang wont be purchasable for a while ??

SebastianSB
10-25-2010, 10:01 PM
alright sweet, and yea i guess you'll get some of the hand movements down then its just transferring the skills from the buttons to the actual thing.

And to clarify the mustang wont be purchasable for a while ??

Amazon.com: Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller for Xbox 360: Video Games

M A N I K Fury
10-25-2010, 10:07 PM
oh well November 19th im going to save the 150$ for the fender :( i guess ill just be playing the piano part until the fender is released. but then again cod bo is coming out so it wont be that big of a wait until then fender is released.