PDA

View Full Version : HUT Help

oleson_10
10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd like peoples feedback on what methods they used to get a good 5 star team. Do you go for standard packs or jumbo packs? Or do you strictly save up to buy players off the market instead of buying packs at all? What tourneys or game modes do you play to maximize EA pucks earned? Once you get a star player (rare) do you play them or bench em till you have a full team so you don't burn away their career games. And lastly, once you have a decent team do you buy the consumables packs or just buy the +# all cards on the market?

So far I've bought 2 jumbo packs, one decent the other not so much, and a couple of standard packs, i've mainly received contract rare cards and 3 rare skaters, had to buy a rare G and Def off the market. It just doesn't feel like im getting anywhere and seems like by the time I will get more rare players my other skaters will have 0 games left on their career...so any feedback or tips is appreciated!

GuidoNGR
10-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Usually buying good players from the Market isn't always a good thing, most of them have low career games left. I would stick to doing Single Player Games/Tournaments and just stack up "Pucks" and just continue to buy packs and just fill your collection with Consumables and Players.

If you are going to buy anything off the market, I would look for the Att. Consumables that are like ALL +5 or something like that. Because most skaters especially the rare ones will only take like 2 or 3 Att. Consumables til' it stops you from adding them on.

acdougla17
10-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Usually buying good players from the Market isn't always a good thing, most of them have low career games left. I would stick to doing Single Player Games/Tournaments and just stack up "Pucks" and just continue to buy packs and just fill your collection with Consumables and Players.

If you are going to buy anything off the market, I would look for the Att. Consumables that are like ALL +5 or something like that. Because most skaters especially the rare ones will only take like 2 or 3 Att. Consumables til' it stops you from adding them on.

That is why you only buy the cards with a lot of games left. There are TONS of good cards cheap on there. I personally just spent 1600 MSP on jumbo packs and had a 4.5 star team. Then I just bought a couple more cards on the trading HUT. But I only did it that way since I wanted to just do it ASAP and I dont care if it costs me 1600 points to get it done. You could easily build a 5 star team relatively quickly by just buying individual cards and playing single player tournaments. (Or have a friend keep quitting out).

GuidoNGR
10-25-2010, 08:57 PM
That is why you only buy the cards with a lot of games left. There are TONS of good cards cheap on there. I personally just spent 1600 MSP on jumbo packs and had a 4.5 star team. Then I just bought a couple more cards on the trading HUT. But I only did it that way since I wanted to just do it ASAP and I dont care if it costs me 1600 points to get it done. You could easily build a 5 star team relatively quickly by just buying individual cards and playing single player tournaments. (Or have a friend keep quitting out).
I have found some deals around, but most of time I see hustlers. Who have the card for a cheap price but have like 10 games left for the Skater/Goalie. Like when I started I bought a Thomas Vanek Overall 92 for 2.5k but I realized 10 games later he could not play anymore. So ever since then I've been looking at the Career Games left and most are very low with a Cheap price. So that was just my opinion from my experience.

oleson_10
10-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Yea I've seen that quite a bit too. Pavel Datsyuk for 1000? SWEET...wait...only 6 games on career left...crap
If I only purchased players in the market w decent careers left you end up spending 2000-5000 which adds up to 1-2 standard packs anyway...should i take the for sure way of getting one good rare from the market, or buy 2 standard packs and have a chance at 2-4 players (highly unlikely i think), and then also spend 5000 on a consumables pack and get crap or spend 7500+ on a +5 all? Frustrating trying to find the best path and i don't have money or care enough to spend money to get a 5 star team that ill only be using to get a couple achievements

GuidoNGR
10-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Yea I've seen that quite a bit too. Pavel Datsyuk for 1000? SWEET...wait...only 6 games on career left...crap
If I only purchased players in the market w decent careers left you end up spending 2000-5000 which adds up to 1-2 standard packs anyway...should i take the for sure way of getting one good rare from the market, or buy 2 standard packs and have a chance at 2-4 players (highly unlikely i think), and then also spend 5000 on a consumables pack and get crap or spend 7500+ on a +5 all? Frustrating trying to find the best path and i don't have money or care enough to spend money to get a 5 star team that ill only be using to get a couple achievements
Oh really? Just the other day I saw a +5 for 1800 Pucks, and I've only spent 160 MSP on HUT and I have a 4 Star Team. I've just been Vending in the Market(Buy Low/Sell High) and just playing Single Player Tourneys and the occasional Online Tourney.

olfashionkill
10-26-2010, 05:16 PM
i only buy CONSUMABLE packs and sell when I dont need/use. i only train my players with +9 or +3,+5all cards.
when i purchase a rare card I bench that player untill he is on long-term contract and training is maxed out.
i only play online. i put a 3star team together and continuously enter the 3star online tourney

PSURob12
11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I have a 4.5 star team, but i'm almost 4k over the cap. That said, I have th following team stats:

Offense: 88
Defense: 89
Goalie: 85

So I got rid of my 85 goalie and picked up an 89 and a 90. On the edit lineup screen, my goaltending jumps to a 90 and my stars to 5. However, when I go back to the main HUT screen, it goes back down to 4.5 stars and 86 for goalie. WTF? This makes absolutely NO sense.

Is it possible to even make the HUT playoffs w/o playing online and being over the salary cap? Seems like it would be extremely difficult to have a 5 star team under the cap.