PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who already has the game...

Chief 340
10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Is it as good as the first one? I was disappointed with the GI review, but then again the first one didn't have great reviews either and I loved it. Thanks in advance.

DaMustache
10-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Honestly I dont know :P

Nixxor X
10-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Started of great. Now that i've finished it in 4 hours and afterwards im really dissapointed. Really excpected a great story, but it was bad! And what the hell is up with the enemies? There is like 3 different enemies in this game.

Rent it via Redbox for 2 dollars and playtrough it on a Friday evening.

Strongbow
10-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Started of great. Now that i've finished it in 4 hours and afterwards im really dissapointed. Really excpected a great story, but it was bad! And what the hell is up with the enemies? There is like 3 different enemies in this game.

Rent it via Redbox for 2 dollars and playtrough it on a Friday evening.

Is there any other modes like fighting wave after waves of enemies or trials?

Chief 340
10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Hmm that's disappointing... I already pre-ordered it so I'll be getting tomorrow anyway I guess lol. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still manage to enjoy it as long as the gameplay's decent.

Nixxor X
10-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Im not sure. But i think there are challenges where you fight waves of enemies. The story mode which is 4 hours long and the challenges are about 10 or maybe more.

The story started of great like i said and the gameplay was great. But this feels almost like a expansion to the first game if you take away the new super nice graphics.

EDIT: Just checked Metacritic and it has a score of 73!

TGRico72
10-26-2010, 07:40 AM
What a let down this is. In 3 hours I have completed 6 of 9 levels on medium. I've been reading that many cinematics in the menu remain locked even after completing the game so looks like Lucasarts released 2/3 of the game and is going to make us pay in DLC for the rest. Talk about a cash grab and raping your fans...and I thought Activision was bad :mad:

On the bright side the graphics are awesome and the controls are SLIGHTLY better. $60 is too high for this incomplete game.

Nixxor X
10-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Yes you will see DLC droping soon on the Marketplace, just like Mafia 2. An incomplete game, but this is even more incomplete.

It is our job as consumers not to fall for this. Do not support it!

the ferenczy
10-27-2010, 01:25 AM
I think it is a fun game. It has a pick up and play feel to it. Enjoying it more than Castlevania. If you liked the first TFU, then you will like this one.

Aquaman6686
10-27-2010, 01:32 AM
This game was a HUGE disappointment. Inferior to the first in every way.

MASS DOMINATION
10-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Just checked Metacritic and it has a score of 73!
make that a 65!:eek: while i think that's a little harsh, the game is really short, repetitive and lacks a story. the game lacks any memorable moments or awesome set-peices that its predecessor had (minus the 1 "huge" boss battle). the only thing better about this game is the graphics and the gameplay. and by gameplay i mean double light-saber combat and not the design and structure on how u fight the battles.

Chief 340
10-27-2010, 01:57 AM
Well I just finished it on Medium, and I actually thought it was really good lol. I honestly thought the story was pretty good too. Overall, it was a better game than I expected after reading Game Informer's review.

Rev. Link
10-27-2010, 02:21 AM
The story was great and I liked the set up for the next one, but it was just way too damn short. I thought I was only halfway through the game when I beat it. In that regard it was very much a disappointment.

MASS DOMINATION
10-27-2010, 02:44 AM
Well I just finished it on Medium, and I actually thought it was really good lol. I honestly thought the story was pretty good too. Overall, it was a better game than I expected after reading Game Informer's review.

no offense but did u find the story in borderlands good too? if so than i can understand u liking the story in this game.;)

wenchwogg
10-27-2010, 02:50 AM
So far I am not liking it as much as SWTFU1 at all

SillyXP
10-27-2010, 02:51 AM
i think its better wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it actually makes me go whoa @___@

Dragon83uk
11-16-2010, 10:04 PM
The only thing about this one thats better than the first is the graphics. It feels more like an add-on than a full game

Virus2Die
11-17-2010, 01:40 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

so here is my story

# incomplet

# 3-5 hr gameplay ( 5hr is if u do on the hardest )

# no Fancy light sword fight

# no real Boss Fights

# it feels like something in the middle is/was cut out and going on payed DLC

so im pissed

alumejr
11-17-2010, 01:58 PM
The Launch Trailer was awesome and it showed promise. I'll have to say that it was to short and story was weak. It's like a really short short version of Dante's Inferno. Except you are going back to the Beginning. So its kinda redundant. The quick action finishes are the same there is no variation so it makes it boring. Now...I have to give it to some of the force powers and the lightsabers combos. Those are actually cool. They took away the sith flurry from TFU which was my favorite move. They have a version but you will not be able to do it until you unlock the saber level 3. The trials are somewhat fun. I think that is what the review people gave it a higher number. Otherwise the game would have score really low. I am a big star wars fan so i still like some aspects of it. I 'll have to say the first one was better.

Ratpelt
11-17-2010, 02:50 PM
The game is basically really expensive DLC for the first game. The same great gameplay, but no story whatsoever and really short.

This should really have been DLC. It would've been a great DLC package for 1200MSP. That said, it was shorter than GTAIV's Lost & Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony and shorter than Red Dead's Undead Nightmare.

DXBlaze
11-17-2010, 07:13 PM
I've been reading that many cinematics in the menu remain locked even after completing the game so looks like Lucasarts released 2/3 of the game and is going to make us pay in DLC for the rest..

Anything that's still locked after you finish the story is unlocked by completing the challenges. The game is complete, even though it feels too short for that =/

Klebo
11-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Story wise not so great but it is a fun game to pick up and play, though the challenges are rather annoying as expected

Evil SoupDragon
11-21-2010, 11:32 PM
I loved the first game, but found this one boring. I think the person who programmed the last level got confused between making a Star Wars boss fight and Donkey Kong.

JuSt BLaZe
11-22-2010, 09:25 PM
I think the person who programmed the last level got confused between making a Star Wars boss fight and Donkey Kong.

Hahaha. Now that was funny. :D
I'm not that far, so I can say none. I liked the first one too, so I give the 2nd one a try. Looking good so far but I don't think it's worth buying.

Materia Reactor
11-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I loved the first game, but found this one boring. I think the person who programmed the last level got confused between making a Star Wars boss fight and Donkey Kong.

I lol'd. The story was half worked and it needed to be longer, but i enjoyed the game play a lot... and unfortantely this is still one of the best star wars games we have.

Evil SoupDragon
11-23-2010, 07:55 PM
I lol'd. The story was half worked and it needed to be longer, but i enjoyed the game play a lot... and unfortantely this is still one of the best star wars games we have.

Sad but so very, very true. What I would give for KOTOR on the Xbox360.

mikachu93
11-23-2010, 08:50 PM
[...]and unfortantely this is still one of the best star wars games we have on the 360.
Fixed that for you.

Don't forget Knights of the Old Republic, or Battlefront II, or Jedi Knight, or the upcoming The Old Republic, or Republic Commando, or Starfighter. None of which are on the 360, but they are all far superior to The Force Unleashed II (or will be, in TOR's case).

raging madboy
11-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Is it as good as the first one? I was disappointed with the GI review, but then again the first one didn't have great reviews either and I loved it. Thanks in advance.

Pretty Awesome so far, the cinematics alone are worth it in my mind. But only if you're a huge star wars geek.